Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    To Notre Dame, Rutgers, Missouri and Nebraska!!!

http://www.810whb.com/blog/3534

The dominoes are about to fall....................................

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    i'd have no problem saying adios to the huskers and tigers.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    If this is true, then imo,

99% chance Rutgers says yes.

50% chance ND says yes

20% chance Missouri says yes

5% chance Nebraska says yes.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Hoping ND goes.

Post Count
    The report is that Rutgers would only get an invite if ND turned it down.

Still, to me, this is all just speculation. It was reported by only one radio station so far (and all the other reports use that as its source).

My Team
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Post Count
    lol utsa

Post Count
    If this is true, then imo,

99% chance Rutgers says yes.

50% chance ND says yes

20% chance Missouri says yes

5% chance Nebraska says yes.
    LMFAO.

100% Rutgers would say yes...they want in.
    ND is <10%
    Mizzou about 50
    Nebraska a bit below Mizzou.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    and here we go.

Post Count
    UPDATE: A Nebraska spokeswoman has released a statement this afternoon, saying the Cornhuskers have not received an offer:

"We recognize the intense speculation about conference realignment and the possible impact it may have on Nebraska. Both Chancellor Harvey Perlman and Athletic Director Tom Osborne have indicated that the university would consider any opportunity that would advance the interests of the university.

"The University of Nebraska has not been offered any opportunity to move from the Big 12. We remain committed to the success of the Big 12 Conference. Until the Big Ten Conference makes and announces its decision on expansion, the University of Nebraska will have no further comment and we do not intend to continue to respond further to questions or speculations on this subject."

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....to-big-te.html

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The report is that Rutgers would only get an invite if ND turned it down.

Still, to me, this is all just speculation. It was reported by only one radio station so far (and all the other reports use that as its source).
    I think it's all speculation as well.

It could be true, but a blog from an obscure radio station isn't exactly the best source.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    LMFAO.

100% Rutgers would say yes...they want in.
    to me it's like how hand sanitizer kills 99.9% of germs. You leave that door slightly cracked incase .

ND is <10%
    I dunno. The football program has been swirling a bit and revenue is not guaranteed with stations like NBC once that contract is up, whereas Big 10 schools are sharing nice large sums of money.

I also don't think the Big 10 would officially offer and get shot down again unless they sent some feelers out first and though they had a real chance.

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This is bs. Why would they offer Rutgers? Rutgers brings almost nothing to the table except a small share of NY area market. Makes no sense.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    This is bs. Why would they offer Rutgers? Rutgers brings almost nothing to the table except a small share of NY area market. Makes no sense.
    yeah I agree.

If they were to go after the NY market, even though they have sucked, it would seem to make more sense to go after Syracuse, imo.

..even then....

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    I also don't think the Big 10 would officially offer and get shot down again unless they sent some feelers out first and though they had a real chance.
    I think that would be true if the Big 10 only asked ND. By asking Mizzu and Nebraska and ND with Rutgers being an option if ND declines I think the Big 10 is essentially saying its now or never ND and this is NDs chance to control your own destiny.

IF the Big 10 took Mizzu and Nebraska and the Pac-10 took Colorado that leaves the Big 12 kind of scrambling and who knows the Big 10s expansion could lead to 4 super conferences of 16 and ND might be at the mercy of going to a conference they did not want to be in.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I think that would be true if the Big 10 only asked ND. By asking Mizzu and Nebraska and ND with Rutgers being an option if ND declines I think the Big 10 is essentially saying its now or never ND and this is NDs chance to control your own destiny.

IF the Big 10 took Mizzu and Nebraska and the Pac-10 took Colorado that leaves the Big 12 kind of scrambling and who knows the Big 10s expansion could lead to 4 super conferences of 16 and ND might be at the mercy of going to a conference they did not want to be in.
    what conference would ND not want to be in that they would forced to join?

Post Count
    It's flawed logic to even think the NY market is up for grabs. NYC is where the NY market is most valuable and college sports will never be big there because pro sports rule the day there.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    It's flawed logic to even think the NY market is up for grabs. NYC is where the NY market is most valuable and college sports will never be big there because pro sports rule the day there.
    true. pretty much can say that about any town with an NFL team.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    what conference would ND not want to be in that they would forced to join?
    Not sure. Depends on if a 4 16 team conferences happens and what the NCAA requires/does. Purely hypothetical, nothing more than that.

The Big 10 obviously wants ND and the only reason the Big 10 asked them this time around in my opinion is that (a) they have sent out feelers and know there is a good chance that they will accept and (b) to force NDs hand, because if the Big Ten expands other conferences may expand and essentially end the Big East, which is where all of NDs other sports are at.

Post Count

The Big 10 obviously wants ND and the only reason the Big 10 asked them this time around in my opinion is that (a) they have sent out feelers and know there is a good chance that they will accept and (b) to force NDs hand, because if the Big Ten expands other conferences may expand and essentially end the Big East, which is where all of NDs other sports are at.
    This.

hope and change
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Is is just me? or does the Big 10 getting what they want here really skew/ up the college football landscape. and even if they don't, are they not acting like they're bigger than the BCS?

I mean, a conference like that, where half of the teams have bigger football programs that the top Big East school?

they would almost be in position to demand a second AQ or secede from the BCS and blow the whole system up...

thoughts anyone? I don't want to see this happen, I think this could really damage college football. the Big 10+1 should just add one team and be a 12 team conference, no need for this power play.

Post Count
    Is is just me? or does the Big 10 getting what they want here really skew/ up the college football landscape. and even if they don't, are they not acting like they're bigger than the BCS?

I mean, a conference like that, where half of the teams have bigger football programs that the top Big East school?

they would almost be in position to demand a second AQ or secede from the BCS and blow the whole system up...

thoughts anyone? I don't want to see this happen, I think this could really damage college football. the Big 10+1 should just add one team and be a 12 team conference, no need for this power play.
    $$$$ Same reason they made the BCS.

hope and change
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    $$$$ Same reason they made the BCS.
    well obviously, but I think they're overplaying their hand a little,

IMO the BCS created the golden goose, and the Big 10 is potentially plucking some feathers here... for lack of a better way to say it.

Post Count
    well obviously, but I think they're overplaying their hand a little,

IMO the BCS created the golden goose, and the Big 10 is potentially plucking some feathers here... for lack of a better way to say it.
    Why wouldn't they?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    Kansas State Wildcats
    Post Count
    I'm not saying it won't happen. But that article is by Kevin Keitzman who is a radio show host in the KC area with a track record for being right about half as often as hoopsworld.

Thread Information