I refuse to act with common decency spurscenter's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by spurscenter; 11-19-2007 at 05:46 AM.

The Most Sexy Troll on the Interwebs Hemotivo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did he do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if spurscenter didn't get his panties in a bunch maybe we'd know.

The Most Sexy Troll on the Interwebs Hemotivo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    from
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2007111712

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- When he wasn't exchanging flagrant fouls with the Los Angeles Clippers, Andres Nocioni was hurting them at the offensive end of the court.

Nocioni shrugged off a couple of hard fouls by Tim Thomas and Chris Kaman and scored 21 points, complementing Ben Gordon's 25-point effort and leading the Chicago Bulls to a 92-73 rout of the banged-up Clippers on Saturday night.

"Clearly in both games he's started, he gives us a presence out there with how assertive he plays. And his emotion and passion for the game rub off on other people," coach Scott Skiles said.

The Bulls were ahead 39-25 midway through the second quarter when Nocioni committed a flagrant foul on Ruben Patterson as the Clippers forward drove the lane.

Patterson got right back in Nocioni's face and had to be restrained by referee Courtney Kirkland, who wrapped his arms around him and dragged him all the way back to midcourt to calm him down. Patterson received a technical foul.

"I've got a mark on my face, and they shouldn't allow that type of nonsense," Patterson said, sporting a welt below his right eye. "He should have been kicked out of the game -- and they gave me a technical foul for retaliating. If you look at the tape, he didn't even try to swipe at the ball. He went straight for my face.

"He's known for being dirty like that," Patterson added. "It's like what he did to Sam (Cassell) in Chicago when he hit him and damn near broke his nose. He's just a dirty guy. And if the league keeps letting him get away with stuff like that, somebody's going to get hurt."

Nocioni told reporters afterward that he was just retaliating to Patterson's aggressive play.

"I made a hard foul because he hit me with his elbow twice," Nocioni said. "I don't have any problems with him. It was just a situation in the game."

The hostilities didn't end with that play. On the Bulls' next possession, Thomas blocked Nocioni's path to the basket and used the opportunity to shove him away with both hands. Those two then had to be separated, and Thomas was called for a flagrant foul.

"That's how it goes sometimes. You get mad and you try to protect your teammates," Kaman said. "I thought Nocioni gave Ruben a pretty dirty hard foul. Ruben doesn't stand for that kind of stuff and he's not going to back down from anybody. Then Tim gave Nocioni a pretty hard foul at the other end."

When play resumed, the Clippers were still down 42-26 with 5:29 left in the first half. Nocioni was flagrantly fouled again with 6:03 left in the third quarter -- this time by Kaman, who shoved him to the floor from behind with his left elbow under the basket.

"I didn't think mine was a flagrant foul, and I'm going to challenge it with the league," the Clippers' 7-foot center said.

Kaman had 21 points and eight rebounds, but the Clippers' injury run continued with the absence of Corey Maggette (right hamstring strain) and No. 1 draft pick Al Thornton (sprained right ankle).

"We're upset by the loss," Patterson said. "We've got a lot of injuries, a lot of guys hurt. It's hard out there. I've still got my dislocated finger, so it's still hard for me to get going because I can't control the ball and do my thing. It's frustrating, but we've got to keep on playing."

After Patterson's fast-break dunk cut Chicago's lead to nine with 10 minutes remaining, the Bulls responded with a 9-0 run to build a commanding 81-63 lead with 6:39 left.

Ben Wallace, who had 13 rebounds, capped the run with a 3-pointer on his first attempt of the season from behind the arc and the Clippers did not challenge after that.

Clippers swingman Cuttino Mobley was 0-for-3 from the field in the first half and 3-for-10 overall. In the Clippers' 97-91 victory at Chicago on Nov. 6, he was 10-for-10 in the first half and 13-for-17 overall.

"In the first game, we just weren't alive mentally and we left him alone early in the game and he knocked down some shots," Skiles said. "But tonight we didn't leave him for good open looks. And then when he went into the post, we did a respectable job down there, too. They had a couple of lineups out there that allowed us to put size on him a little bit. I thought Kirk (Hinrich) did a much better job with him."

Thomas, who set a club record with 13 attempts from 3-point range in Friday night's loss at Golden State, made a pair of 3-pointers 28 seconds apart to slice Chicago's lead to 51-40 and cap a 9-2 run in the final 1:27 of the half. One of those baskets resulted in a four-point play because of a foul by Gordon.

Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy still needs one more win to tie the franchise record Jack Ramsay set when the team was known as the Buffalo Braves. ... Sunday is Cassell's 38th birthday. ... The Bulls beat the Clippers at Staples Center for only the second time in their past eight attempts.

Updated on Sunday, Nov 18, 2007 2:14 am, EST

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nocioni SHOULD BE A SPUR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nocioni SHOULD BE A SPUR.
    You just want another victim for your overgrown beards.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    No news here. Nocioni is just being the ass he's supposed to be.

GO DAWGS! I bleed red and black kingsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Wtf? I watched that game and Patterson elbowed him twice! then Thomas fouled him hard. How does that make him the bad guy? The refs just didn't call what Patterson did.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Nocioni has bigger guts than the whole clippers together.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Another fine NBA player from the Argentine National Team.

He's Manu Ginobili carina_gino20's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone has a video of the play? Knowing Nocioni's energetic play, it's hard to tell if he's intentionally hurting someone.

"He should have been kicked out of the game -- and they gave me a technical foul for retaliating." - Idiotic comment if I ever saw one. A retaliation warrants a technical, no? no matter who instigated the fight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nocioni's foul on Patterson was definitely a flagrant but it wasn't extreme. I don't think it warranted an ejection. Patterson is a hot head. He's delivered much worse in his time, on and off the court.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Nocioni's foul on Patterson was definitely a flagrant but it wasn't extreme. I don't think it warranted an ejection. Patterson is a hot head. He's delivered much worse in his time, on and off the court.
    Patterson of all people talking about physical play!

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Anybody else find it funny that a man who plead guilty to attempted rape, beat up a guy for scratching his car, and has been arrested for felony domestic abuse is complaining because he got fouled and a mark was left on his face?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ouch! AZLouis merits ejection for a Fragrant 2 on Patterson!

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    What's next? Artest calling out Bowen for landing on his foot.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    The Bulls are stinking it up against the Lakers. They look just awful.

Unsigned #1 Draft Pick RonMexico's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    By "off the court," do mean having sex with a 14-year-old girl?

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By "off the court," do mean having sex with a 14-year-old girl?
    What's this dude doing out of jail again?

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone has a video of the play? Knowing Nocioni's energetic play, it's hard to tell if he's intentionally hurting someone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFeHo...ad.php?t=78501

yes, it was a foul. so what. the ellbow Patterson smashed into Chapu's face a few seconds before was much more of a dirty play, than what Nocioni did as a reaction.
    (for sure also hurt much more, but other than Patterson Nocioni didn't whine. Patterson could easily have broken the nose or eye socket with such a move)
    Patterson is just a cheap a**hole.

(and Chapu is great btw., no exactly a choir boy, but a player I would love to see in a Spurs uniform)

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought they would be a lot worse. I don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal out of those fouls. They're kids stuff. Manu got hammered twice as hard against the Nuggets in 2005.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's bull . They were all over Nocioni.

Can't crack these Argentineans.

Banned
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Nocioni = Tough dude, glad he is in Chicago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nocioni = Tough dude, glad he is in Chicago
    rest of the Bulls = pussies

won't even stand up for Chapu