My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to jump on this! This is exactly what I was talking about though Kori. It says: "minimum 1 year working for a sports team experience". I just do not have that. I guarantee I have a better understanding of the NBA's: players, teams, salary cap and rules than most people with one years experience.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to jump on this! This is exactly what I was talking about though Kori. It says: "minimum 1 year working for a sports team experience". I just do not have that. I guarantee I have a better understanding of the NBA's: players, teams, salary cap and rules than most people with one years experience.
    You prob know the salary cap better than their GM too, but you ain't getting that job neither.

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you submit your resume anyway? If you can present yourself well maybe they'll look at you even without the one year experience. Put togther a great cover letter and see if you can get their attention.

You don't know unless you try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you submit your resume anyway? If you can present yourself well maybe they'll look at you even without the one year experience. Put togther a great cover letter and see if you can get their attention.

True

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You prob know the salary cap better than their GM too, but you ain't getting that job neither.
    Someday! Donnie Walsh is a good GM though..

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    for $215k per year? yes! I ll cover the grizzlies for that kind of money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also hurts that my background is not in journalism. I have a marketing/advertising background, but I am a sound writer. At least I tested well in writing on my GMAT and other exams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but you have to go to the games. That'll prob lop 100G off that salary for the season tix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someday! Donnie Walsh is a good GM though..
    Sorry... I just never wanted to let go of the idea of Isiah as GM. It always gave me hope at the trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where do you see 215K?

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also hurts that my background is not in journalism. I have a marketing/advertising background, but I am a sound writer. At least I tested well in writing on my GMAT and other exams.
    Have you looked for intern jobs? Even if there's no pay you can get the experience you need to move into what you want to do.

Just a thought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you looked for intern jobs? Even if there's no pay you can get the experience you need to move into what you want to do.

Just a thought.
    Yes I have, and I am going to start looking a lot more seriously at them now that my graduation is in December.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I hold 3 bachelor's degrees in three fields. Here's what they tell me:

Business: Knicks are a Mickey Mouse Outfit.
    History: Their history says they will remain a MMO.
    Mathematics: Will his team earn enough money to pay for this new position?

Seriously, I have nothing against the Knicks, or any team. It's too bad they haven't enjoyed much success other than when they had Reed, Frazier, Monroe, DeBusschere, Bradley, and Lucas nearly 40 years ago. Red Holzman coached. Phil Jackson was a role player. That was one of the greatest collections of personel ever assembled in the NBA.

I remember an old "poem" in Mad Magazine when I was a kid. It was about Wilt Chamberlain, when he played for the Sixers. I still recall how it started...

You can laugh and have your kicks
    When you play the New York Knicks
    For a free throw missed tonight will never hurt you.

But when it comes to slaughter
    Near the Delaware's blue water....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweet. All I have to do is make sure Zeke sexually harrasses me and I'll be rich! Sign me up!

Thread Information