Up and coming Superstar Spurs16212's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to RealGM.com

Rockets center Yao Ming claims that his injured foot is still far from fully-healed despite returning to the floor two weeks ago for the Chinese national team, according to The Houston Chronicle.

"I feel weak," Yao said. "I would say I am about 60 to 70 percent and that is frustrating. I am sure now that I will play in the Olympics."

"But I won't be in my best shape. I know that. And that is disappointing," he added.

He suffered a stress fracture in his left foot in January, missing the remainder of the season for the Rockets.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

He is taking a huge risk on not aggrevating the injury by playing in the olympics just as Manu Ginobili is. He was quoting about team chemistry concerning Ron Artest, I think his first concern should be his foot...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was quoting about team chemistry concerning Ron Artest,
    Oh no, he meant only the 22 games he's gonna be healthy enough to play in this season.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I have read reports that Yao will not be back to 100 percent until Feb. That's how long it takes for this type of bone stress fracture to heal. He can play and possibly with a bit of pain. The bone has already knitted but not entirely healed.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    he was referring more to his conditioning and not the injury.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The physical rigors of playing with the world’s basketball stars have taken their toll on his body. In the past two and a half years, Yao has suffered a broken foot, a broken leg, and an infected big toe. Full recovery from a stress fracture usually takes one year, but the Olympics is just a few weeks away and Yao says he is determined to play for China in August.

http://olympics.blogs.cnn.com/2008/0...here-is-no-if/

Up and coming Superstar Spurs16212's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The physical rigors of playing with the world’s basketball stars have taken their toll on his body. In the past two and a half years, Yao has suffered a broken foot, a broken leg, and an infected big toe. Full recovery from a stress fracture usually takes one year, but the Olympics is just a few weeks away and Yao says he is determined to play for China in August.

http://olympics.blogs.cnn.com/2008/0...here-is-no-if/
    I bet Houston is only praying that he does not make it worse than what it is.... They will need a healthy Yao if they want any chance at winning a championship in June.....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    if yao cant play a full season, artest wont matter, the rockets will suffer without a true center. if mutombo plays again u cant count on him to play 25 minutes again for another year. (although he keeps proving people wrong)

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The bone healing has already taken place.......He's talking about his conditioning/stamina which takes a long time to return back to top tier shape. As a former AST in the USCG (BTW we could run NBA players till they puked), I had to comeback from a similar injury (especially one that requires you to immobilise a foot) it takes away alot of the muscle mass in the limb that you had before......as well as your stanima. Really all I think these games are going to be for Yao is just a extensive rehab (as well as a dog and pony show for his country) that will help him get ready for the regular season. Yao probably does feel like he's 60 or 70%, he's 7'6 and needs to build his stanima back up to where it was before, these games will be good for him and it's one of the few times that I'm glad he's playing ball this summer....he needs it.

Sorry to disappoint anybody (non Rockets fans) in this thread, but playing in the summer games is actually going to help Yao get ready for the regular season. Instead of him just sitting on his ass.....he's been doing that since february, it's now time to push it and knock off the rust.
    Last edited by Tmac&Luther; 08-04-2008 at 12:55 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to RealGM.com

Rockets center Yao Ming claims that his injured foot is still far from fully-healed despite returning to the floor two weeks ago for the Chinese national team, according to The Houston Chronicle.

"I feel weak," Yao said. "I would say I am about 60 to 70 percent and that is frustrating. I am sure now that I will play in the Olympics."

"But I won't be in my best shape. I know that. And that is disappointing," he added.

He suffered a stress fracture in his left foot in January, missing the remainder of the season for the Rockets.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

He is taking a huge risk on not aggrevating the injury by playing in the olympics just as Manu Ginobili is. He was quoting about team chemistry concerning Ron Artest, I think his first concern should be his foot...

Yao is frustrated that he can't get back to his usual 71% that he plays for 60 games a year....

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Yao is frustrated that he can't get back to his usual 71% that he plays for 60 games a year....
    name anytime, anyone with Yao's frame has come close to putting up the #s he has.......then you can laugh at your post like I am right now, 71%...name me a 7'5 or above player that was better.

Yao does get hurt, but to suggest he plays at 71% all the time is just plain ass re ed. Sorry, but that's like suggesting that since David Robinson was a loser/failer in 95 during his only MVP year, that he will always be Labeled a loser/failer and I'm sure you wouldn't like that be the case.
    Last edited by Tmac&Luther; 08-04-2008 at 03:19 AM.

Can't Start Threads
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if yao wasnt chinese, he wouldnt be playing, its sad that in todays world, if you dont do what i tell you todo, im gonna take this bat and beat you with it, till you look like a monk, then im really gonna beat the crap out of you..........china= evil

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    name anytime, anyone with Yao's frame has come close to putting up the #s he has.......then you can laugh at your post like I am right now, 71%...name me a 7'5 or above player that was better.

Yao does get hurt, but to suggest he plays at 71% all the time is just plain ass re ed. Sorry, but that's like suggesting that since David Robinson was a loser/failer in 95 during his only MVP year, that he will always be Labeled a loser/failer and I'm sure you wouldn't like that be the case.
    Difference is Robo-Yao is hurt EVERY year. He's a good player because the NBA is short of dominant centers that it had in the 80s and 90s, so he can look like a superstar on most nights.

Yao's career is set up for failure at this point: He gets hurt during the NBA season, he rehabs, he plays for his country during the summer, he gets hurt during the NBA season, he rehabs, lather rinse, repeat.

Plus it doesn't help that he has a mental midget at head coach, a psyhco at SF, and a guy that makes him look like an ironman at SG.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dude has Bill Walton feet. Being 7'6 doesn't help.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    He will be fine, glad he is getting some work and some games in BEFORE training camp so he will be further along.

DD

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    He will be fine, glad he is getting some work and some games in BEFORE training camp so he will be further along.

DD

Thats what I am thinking. I doubting China gets out of the first round of play. Whats that, 3 games?

Thread Information