Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Okay, long-time lurker and recent occasional poster here but there's something that's been eating away at me and I have to rant.

WTF is up with all the ghetto, hoodrat California market evacuees that have descended upon 1604 between Culebra & Bandera (otherwise known as in TX)? I've lived in SA my whole life and moved into a house over here 3 1/2 years ago. In that time, the amount of California license plates has tripled to the point where I think native Texans might be the minority here. A perfect example of what I am talking about would be the people renting the house next door to me (this is not an isolated thing because I've seen many cases and heard the same crap from many other people in this area).

There are 11 mother ing people in that house - 5 mid-aged adults, 1 elderly woman, and 4 kids. They have anywhere from 4-6 cars and do not use their garage for any of them even though only 2 cars fit in these tiny ass driveways that we are given with new construction (also have had a boat in the driveway for a few weeks and a trailer for a few weeks). They are ALWAYS in the front ing yard without fail. I understand being outside when your kids are playing back and forth across my driveway, but not all the time. They BBQ out there, leaving the BBQ pit in their front yard along with the empty Lone Star Beer bottles. One time, one of the guys who lives there went to his S-10 pickup (parked in the street and sporting "In-N-Out" stickers, of course) rolled the windows down, turned on the radio and proceeded to lean against his truck listening to 99.5. It wasn't loud or anything but he was by himself and was wasting his battery. Why couldn't the SOB just listen to the radio inside or at least do something while he had the radio on? They are l-a-z-y. One of the boards from their side of the fence fell down and stayed there over a week. My wife finally got tired of it and hammered it back in for them. Now another board has come off in the backyard and their dachsund (sp?) comes into our backyard at will. We'd put it up ourselves if we could but the board is laying sideways in their backyard (the one that is bigger than ours that they never use). We rang their doorbell (2 cars were home) yesterday to offer to put it up for them if they couldn't and they didn't answer so we left a note on the door. Don't get me wrong, they're not rude people and don't make a lot of noise, but Jesus F'n Christ they are as lazy and ghetto a household as I've seen. The only reason their lawn isn't horrible is the owner's lawn company cuts the grass for them.

Plus, our HOA website message board is filled with other ghetto Californian stories. A lot of hoodrats walk around the neighborhood and cross the street in front of cars thinking they're the . Someone stopped when they took their sweet ass time crossing in front of them and told them they were gonna get run over pulling like that. They proceeded to start yelling and cursing back stating "you don't mess with Cali girls!", etc. I witnessed another incident while running around the neighborhood similar to that story and see a bunch of the larger 2-store houses with 6 cars parked outside with either California plates, Lakers stickers, and other crap suggesting they are from California as well.

Anyone else noticing this in other areas of the city or am I just on the lucky side of town? I guess all of the non-ghetto Californians moved to Dallas and Austin?

/rant

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Those Californians really get on my nerves as well…Darn yogurt sipping, granola chomping, animal rights, Left Wing Nutzos!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Flash a couple GUUULF COAAAAASSSST signs and get to work.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Those Californians really get on my nerves as well…Darn yogurt sipping, granola chomping, animal rights, Left Wing Nutzos!
    I'd take those types of Californians over what I've got right now

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Those ers are drinking Lone Star Beer??? Sick twisted s they are. Get a rope.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'd take those types of Californians over what I've got right now
    Move to Stone Oak.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This only means California improves.

I am gonna go treat myself to a double-double at In and Out after this news.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't think there is any such thing as a single part of town being 'the ghetto' anymore. I'm not a racist, so don't even go there, BUT I am prejudiced against people who don't give a damn about how they behave in public, how their houses look, how broke down their cars are and how they allow their kids to wreak havoc where ever they go.

To comment on this: There are 11 mother ing people in that house - 5 mid-aged adults, 1 elderly woman, and 4 kids.

I was at HEB the other night (281/Evans) and overheard an employee talking to a buddy, who apparently was also an HEB employee b/c he seemed to know everyone working there. Anyway, they were talking about how you "don't see many of US in this neighborhood", but "there sure are a lot of Mexicans over here, looks like the damn West Side!" He asked her where she lived, and she mentioned a subdivision and he said "daaaaaaaaaam girl, how you gonna afford THAT?" Her answer was that there were three families living in the house, 12 people, 5 of them working full time to pay the rent, bills, etc.

How the do 12 people live in an average sized home? We've got four in ours and sometimes we need more room! You can bet the HOA doesn't know, or didn't know up front, how many people would be living there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My question, what concern or business is it of yours how many people live in a house?

Second, if homeboy said "daaaamn! how can you afford it?" I doubt it's your average sized home.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Those ers are drinking Lone Star Beer??? Sick twisted s they are. Get a rope.
    That surprised me, too. It was probably the cheapest beer available when they were shopping for it lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't think there is any such thing as a single part of town being 'the ghetto' anymore.
    I'm not completely sure what this is trying to infer but I can tell you compared to many other large cities and metro areas, SA doesn't have many "ghetto" areas.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    there are lots of former Californians living in Stone Oak for sure.

cost of living is cheaper here. For what they pay over in Cali to get a one bedroom shack, they can get a four bedroom house out in S.O.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How about no? We're quite full over here thank you.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    This only means California improves.

I am gonna go treat myself to a double-double at In and Out after this news.
    Had one yesterday

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    It's called the economy is a ing joke right now and the cost of living in Texas is considerably less than it is in California.

Pretty easy to figure out, actually.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    This is a threat the to national security! Too many people acting hood!!

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Also, stop bragging about In-N-Out. I'm a born and bred LA girl and can't stand that I'm living too far north to get my own Double Double.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    FYI, to chreph, just because you disapprove with what your neighbors do or behave, it doesn't make them "ghetto." I hate when people take clearly defined words and use them to fit their need. It's a word that has a defined meaning, which doesn't fit your neighbors but because you want it to fit your characterize of them you use it nonetheless.

They're rude, disrespectful, noncompliant and insubordinate.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm not completely sure what this is trying to infer but I can tell you compared to many other large cities and metro areas, SA doesn't have many "ghetto" areas.
    I've typed and backspaced so many times that I give up, because no matter what my response is, you'll challenge it.

So meh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How about no? We're quite full over here thank you.
    It was meant as a joke.

1369, I know how full it is. I used to live in Stone Oak, not near it or in its area but in that traffic nightmare of a suburb.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's called the economy is a ing joke right now and the cost of living in Texas is considerably less than it is in California.

Pretty easy to figure out, actually.
    The economy is a ing joke?

The living cost in Cali is the ing joke.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Back in the 70's and 80's it was Michigan plates everywhere. Fortunately a lot of them went back when the economy improved.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My question, what concern or business is it of yours how many people live in a house?
    Their dog in my backyard due to laziness, kids constantly running across my driveway when I'm trying to back out, and property values. We would like to move out this area next year when (hopefully) the market begins to rebound. Market value is going to drop when the streets are flooded with cars parked on both sides, BBQ pits are in front yards, and hoodrats are running around at dark cussing out people for not stopping for them while they casually jaywalk across a busy street.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I had bad encounters with California people when I was in highschool and have not liked them ever since. When I went to school here in SA this one guy moved over here from LA and immediately thought he was better than everyone. Of course a couple of the idiot wannabe cholos thought he was cool and would hang around him. He walked right into me one day and told me to get out of his way. Normally I am one of those guys that apologizes when I bump into someone but not this time. The dude thought he was badass because he was from LA so I let him know what happens when you piss off a Texan. I dropped him in like two punches in front of the little wannabes and the dude ended up chilling by himself for the most part.
    Then I moved to Austin and a big group of Cali guys were hanging around wearing lakers gear and anything else they found that had any California affiliation. Well I walked by and they proceeded to say stuff about Texas punk asses and stupid like that. I walked up hit the guy in the lakers jersey and before they could react some of my football and basketball friends happened to stop by.
    I just can’t stand the whole we’re from Cali so were are automatically tougher and cooler .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've typed and backspaced so many times that I give up, because no matter what my response is, you'll challenge it.

So meh.
    Again, what were you trying to infer?

Thread Information