Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, because dip s like you would have criticized him for not answering the question, leaving open the possibility that he was an atheist thereby responding with an inflammatory non-response to a question about religion.
    Ya that makes sense. So you are saying it does not matter what you believe, you should just say what you want no matter what the question is at all? No one would of known there was such a question if it was not posted on his website or replied to. I do not give a if he believes that aliens are coming to grab him when he is dead. I believe that public figures need to be careful with what they say.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    No because believing in God is much more in line with what the vast majority of people in this country believe. Do you vote? The presidential candidates always align themselves with religion bc it gets them votes. Is that right? It is debatable. Do I like it? No. It has nothing to do with what I believe. My understanding of God differs a lot from the vast majority of people I come in contact with. I am purely saying from a point of view that aligns with the same people that grilled Howard for his comments or any other comments that draw negative attention. Even though it was an honest answer and one that he is more than en led to, he should not have said it in a public forum. He could of easily not answered the question and skipped all of the trouble.
    Huh? What the is wrong with telling the truth these days?

My Team
    Washington Wizards
    Post Count
    Timvp.................all your fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point you were making is that people, particularly those in the limelight, should choose their words carefully and watch what they say in order to protect their image. That's a contrary point to the one you just made in the quote above.
    How? Being able to believe what you want versus spewing what you believe to millions of people is a lot different. If you are an average joe, than yes. But like it or not, famous people are judged more harshly than others. Where do you think the term paparazzi came from?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How? Being able to believe what you want versus spewing what you believe to millions of people is a lot different. If you are an average joe, than yes. But like it or not, famous people are judged more harshly than others. Where do you think the term paparazzi came from?
    Manu's spewing what he believes because he honestly answered a question from a fan who asked him something? He didn't call a press conference to say he didn't believe. He didn't say it in any way to logically consider it an insult, although you appear to take it that way.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    What I don't understand is why you keep attributing negativity to the absence of faith. You refer to atheism/agnosticism as if its an extremely dirty word. How is complete neutrality in regards to the world's mul ude of religions, a bad thing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? What the is wrong with telling the truth these days?
    Ask our presidents and Josh Howard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I don't understand is why you keep attributing negativity to the absence of faith. You refer to atheism/agnosticism as if its an extremely dirty word. How is complete neutrality in regards to the world's mul ude of religions, a bad thing?
    Because the bible essentially says someone is worse than Hitler if he doesn't believe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Not a dirty word at all. Inflammatory, yes. That is all. His absence of faith does not bother me at all. His judgment on where to discuss such issues does bother me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing wrong with what Josh Howard said either. It's assholes like you that got all up in arms over his comments about smoking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the bible essentially says someone is worse than Hitler if he doesn't believe.
    Nope, you uneducated bas !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing wrong with what Josh Howard said either. It's assholes like you that got all up in arms over his comments about smoking.
    Ya I got all worked up. Just like an asshole like yourself getting all worked up over this. Get real kid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Not a dirty word at all. Inflammatory, yes. That is all. His absence of faith does not bother me at all. His judgment on where to discuss such issues does bother me.
    So if you don't believe, then just shut your ing mouth because believers shouldn't be challenged?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Ya that makes sense. So you are saying it does not matter what you believe, you should just say what you want no matter what the question is at all? No one would of known there was such a question if it was not posted on his website or replied to. I do not give a if he believes that aliens are coming to grab him when he is dead. I believe that public figures need to be careful with what they say.
    Anyone can say anything they want if they believe what they are saying and are being honest. What's wrong with expressing an opinion? You give extreme examples of Hitler and the KKK where there words and opinions translated into hateful and criminal action. That's completely different. If Manu said, "I hate people who believe in God and I hope anyone who does dies," that's different. That's not what he said. All he said was he didn't believe in God. Not hateful, not criminal, not even controversial as you suggest. Just an honest, personal answer. Let it go. You have no solid or basis or reasonable foundation for your argument.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Ya I got all worked up. Just like an asshole like yourself getting all worked up over this. Get real kid
    Difference is, baseline's defending someone's right to express an opinion, and you're encouraging willful self-censorship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu's spewing what he believes because he honestly answered a question from a fan who asked him something? He didn't call a press conference to say he didn't believe. He didn't say it in any way to logically consider it an insult, although you appear to take it that way.
    You are a judgmental bas (with poor comprehension) for someone preaching not being judgmental.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are a judgmental bas (with poor comprehension) for someone preaching not being judgmental.
    I think you're drunk or something. None of your arguments make any sense unless you don't believe in people's rights to speak their minds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone can say anything they want if they believe what they are saying and are being honest. What's wrong with expressing an opinion? You give extreme examples of Hitler and the KKK where there words and opinions translated into hateful and criminal action. That's completely different. If Manu said, "I hate people who believe in God and I hope anyone who does dies," that's different. That's not what he said. All he said was he didn't believe in God. Not hateful, not criminal, not even controversial as you suggest. Just an honest, personal answer. Let it go. You have no solid or basis or reasonable foundation for your argument.
    Yes I do. Because based on your opinions of right and wrong, if Manu said I hope people died, but did not execute any physical harm, it would just be words so he would not be persecuted. You are telling me saying anything (at all in any way, shape or form) is not controversial? That is just naive. This has NOTHING TO DO WITH MY BELIEF SYSTEMS. It has to do with choosing your words wisely.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Ask our presidents and Josh Howard.
    What a dumb comparison. Is Ginobili throwing his answer in anyone's face in a mocking way? All the guy did was answer a simple question. What's the problem? People say "I want to thank God" on TV all the time when accepting awards and and no one bat's an eye. A guy on his own forum says he doesn't believe in God and suddenly it's wrong

Only idiots would complain about his comments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you're drunk or something. None of your arguments make any sense unless you don't believe in people's rights to speak their minds.
    Not drunk at all. Annoyed with people like you that think that you should be able to say whatever you want, whenever you want because you have this jaded sense of freedom. I am sure saying I do not believe in God will have no effect on anything a public figure does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words, unpopular speech = wrong. Too bad for you our nation was founded on the right to express unpopular speech.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a dumb comparison. Is Ginobili throwing his answer in anyone's face in a mocking way? All the guy did was answer a simple question. What's the problem? People say "I want to thank God" on TV all the time when accepting awards and and no one bat's an eye. A guy on his own forum says he doesn't believe in God and suddenly it's wrong

Only idiots would complain about his comments.
    Is saying I do not believe in God more controversial than saying praise God?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    It shouldn't be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words, unpopular speech = wrong. Too bad for you our nation was founded on the right to express unpopular speech.
    I agree. But would you be so kind if he was saying racist comments? That is unpopular, but he is free to his opinions right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only to people like you.

Thread Information