Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact he said (last year) that he believed there is a higher power, proves he is not an atheist, regardless of him saying last week he is a non-believer.

For 10 years, between the ages of 20 and 30, I was a non-believer, but being raised a Catholic, I always kept in the back of my mind, the idea of a higher power (even though in that 10 year period i totally denied the possibility of a personal God).

Since then I have re-encountered Jesus and the Church. I don't see why this cannot happen to Manu.

Amen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see why it matters to anyone what Manu does or does not believe. The man can play some ball!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see why it matters to anyone what Manu does or does not believe. The man can play some ball!!
    I care because Eternity is a reality and in the light of eternity, Manu's basketball career accounts for just a minute, even if it is years long.

I care about Gino and his long term well being.

For the record, I care about you and your long term well being too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that higher power can be anything. Can be mother nature (which he actually did bring up in some conversations), God, or anything in between.
    The way he responded: "Creo que algo hay, que algo existe" leads me to believe (and I could be wrong) it is not nature, but something more closer to God.

This is obviously my opinion, so please do not rip me a new one.

He might have suspected once that there was something, but realized after a while that there isn't.

That could well be the case.

This is the thing: I don't really care wether Manu believes in god or not. He might actually realize later in life that religion works for him, and start believing. There's nothing wrong with that.
    Agreed.

Somewhere this thread derailed into this thing where religious and non-religious people tried to impose their views.

Not me. I got hooked on this thread beacause of what DPG said (or was it what DGP did not say )

Now, when people asked for a translation of what he said, we provided it. Do you think the translation was wrong or misleading?
    I think the translations were accurate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn dude, you even over react to a joke.

My bad, just hard to translate over the internets! I even threw a joke in my response to you though!
    Last edited by DPG21920; 10-15-2008 at 03:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I care because Eternity is a reality and in the light of eternity, Manu's basketball career accounts for just a minute, even if it is years long.

I understand that but his belief doesn't change my view of him at all. But I know where you are coming from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way he responded: "Creo que algo hay, que algo existe" leads me to believe (and I could be wrong) it is not nature, but something more closer to God.
    This is obviously my opinion, so please do not rip me a new one.
    That could well be the case.
    Agreed.
    Not me. I got hooked on this thread beacause of what DPG said (or was it what DGP did not say )
    I think the translations were accurate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand that but his belief doesn't change my view of him at all. But I know where you are coming from.
    And I understand share your view as well. Manu is a fantastic basketball player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You son of a bit** Smeagol, jk. One thing for sure is that I never tried to impose my religious beliefs on anyone. I made sure to avoid confusion in that arena.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either Ginobili is a terrible basketball player OR he is one of the leading thinkers of our times.

I don't remember 36 pages for just one basket of his, as there are 36 for one of his sentences.

Emanuel "Plato" Ginobili.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Honest question: Wether Manu believes in god or not really has that much of an impact in your life?

Dishonest comment: You still didn't answer my question

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either Ginobili is a terrible basketball player OR he is one of the leading thinkers of our times.

I don't remember 36 pages for just one basket of his, as there are 36 for one of his sentences.

Emanuel "Plato" Ginobili.
    I'm actually wondering if the thread ing about his foul on Nowitzki was this long...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Angel, if Manu remains atheist for the rest of his life, will he got to ?

Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks.
    FYP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm actually wondering if the thread ing about his foul on Nowitzki was this long...
    I wish Manu would have believed in listening to Pop during that preceding timeout.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, Since when did responding to every single question qualify as having a broken spirit. You keep reaching Manny. This is not that important, it is the internet, not a blog. I acknowledged many different people's views. I can be wrong, but was not in this case knowing what I truly meant and said. What was jumped on by someone so sensitive as you baseline, that was misinterpreted (somewhat my fault) does not mean I was wrong. I conceded many points, you still have not. Sometimes religious nuts (even ones that do not believe) can overreact and are sensitive.
    You're so full of . You said one thing and then backtracked and denied your words after the whole board called you out for being a moron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks.
    I already asked that and got no response.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honest question: Wether Manu believes in god or not really has that much of an impact in your life?

Do I obsess about the decisions Manu makes? No.
    Do I hope and pray Manu makes choices that brings blessings on him and his family- absolutely!

It is not as if I think about Manu constantly, much as I like and respect him.
    Long gone are the days in which I had time to think of any one thing constantly- though I still strive to include Jesus in all I do.

The short answer: Manu is one of my favorite players, so whenever I think of him, I pray all the best for him.

Dishonest comment: You still didn't answer my question
    I have attempted to answer so many questions in this thread. Are you still referring to the answer I tried to give you but you refused?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're so full of . You said one thing and then backtracked and denied your words after the whole board called you out for being a moron.
    I did not say one thing and backtrack. You just overreacted and read into my comments with disdain because it touched a nerve with you. Granted I could of chosen my words more wisely to avoid "upsetting" someone like you, but that does not change what I know I meant by my words. Call it what you will.

This is exactly what I was talking about. People (who are nuts and oversensitive like Baseline) going nuts on a pro athlete over nothing:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb,115113

Shane Victorino has finally arrived.

And I say that not because of the grand slam he hit off CC Sabathia in the NLDS, the onfield brawl he almost sparked with the Dodgers in Game Three of the NLCS or the game-tying two-run homer he hit in Game Four.

I say that because the Phillies centerfielder has finally become enough of a public figure to draw the ire of PETA, a fine group of folks who never met a publicity opportunity they didn't take advantage of.

So what did Victorino do to earn a scolding note from PETA assistant director Dan Shannon?

Well, he has publicly declared that Spam musubi is his favorite food in the entire world. Even though many of us have an aversion to the blue-and-yellow can, the pork product-'n-rice treat is actually very popular in Victorino's native Hawaii.

But the Flyin' Fryin' Hawaiian's love for a local delicacy doesn't quite fly with PETA and they're using the opportunity to shed light on a recent investigation they did on Hormel's pork suppliers:

"We suspect that the cruelty in every can of Spam will infuriate Shane more than a high Hiroki Kuroda fastball," says Shannon. "If Shane likes Spam a lot, he should buy tickets to the Broadway play but leave it off his dinner plate."

Shannon also sent Victorino a letter detailing Hormel's abuses (read it here) as well as a reminder that it once named Philadelphia's Citizens Bank Ballpark the most vegetarian-friendly in the major leagues. A Phillies spokesman said he will ask Victorino for comment after the World Series.

PETA certainly has a right to raise awareness of their issues, but here's one thing I don't think Shannon took into account before making this protest public: If the Phillies win the World Series, can you imagine just how many Phillies fans will either buy cans of Spam, either to send to Victorino or have him autograph them at the victory parade? Don't forget about the Victorino-as-a-Spam can costumes, such as this one.

Heck, with the way he's been performing this postseason, I wouldn't be surprised to see Philadelphians work a bit of Spam into their cheesesteaks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see why this cannot happen to Manu.

There's always a chance.
    Last edited by remingtonbo2001; 10-15-2008 at 03:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did not say one thing and backtrack. You just overreacted and read into my comments with disdain because it touched a nerve with you. Granted I could of chosen my words more wisely to avoid "upsetting" someone like you, but that does not change what I know I meant by my words. Call it what you will.

This is exactly what I was talking about. Stupid people (who are nuts an oversensitive like Baseline) going nuts on a pro athlete over nothing:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb,115113

Shane Victorino has finally arrived.

And I say that not because of the grand slam he hit off CC Sabathia in the NLDS, the onfield brawl he almost sparked with the Dodgers in Game Three of the NLCS or the game-tying two-run homer he hit in Game Four.

I say that because the Phillies centerfielder has finally become enough of a public figure to draw the ire of PETA, a fine group of folks who never met a publicity opportunity they didn't take advantage of.

So what did Victorino do to earn a scolding note from PETA assistant director Dan Shannon?

Well, he has publicly declared that Spam musubi is his favorite food in the entire world. Even though many of us have an aversion to the blue-and-yellow can, the pork product-'n-rice treat is actually very popular in Victorino's native Hawaii.

But the Flyin' Fryin' Hawaiian's love for a local delicacy doesn't quite fly with PETA and they're using the opportunity to shed light on a recent investigation they did on Hormel's pork suppliers:

"We suspect that the cruelty in every can of Spam will infuriate Shane more than a high Hiroki Kuroda fastball," says Shannon. "If Shane likes Spam a lot, he should buy tickets to the Broadway play but leave it off his dinner plate."

Shannon also sent Victorino a letter detailing Hormel's abuses (read it here) as well as a reminder that it once named Philadelphia's Citizens Bank Ballpark the most vegetarian-friendly in the major leagues. A Phillies spokesman said he will ask Victorino for comment after the World Series.

PETA certainly has a right to raise awareness of their issues, but here's one thing I don't think Shannon took into account before making this protest public: If the Phillies win the World Series, can you imagine just how many Phillies fans will either buy cans of Spam, either to send to Victorino or have him autograph them at the victory parade? Don't forget about the Victorino-as-a-Spam can costumes, such as this one.

Heck, with the way he's been performing this postseason, I wouldn't be surprised to see Philadelphians work a bit of Spam into their cheesesteaks.
    Go yourself. Everyone here can see you're covering your ass after making a stupid suggestion that Manu should keep his thoughts to himself only because his stance was controversial and went against the grain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks.
    Mark 16:14-16

[I]Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen. He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.
    Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.[/I]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already asked that and got no response.
    I apologize for not answering you. I missed your question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark 16:14-16

[I]Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen. He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.
    Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.[/I]
    So he'll go to then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to go guys. I am switching shifts at work.

Thread Information