Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff McDonald: Thoughts while waiting for a plane

This morning's flight to Milwaukee is delayed, for some reason. The rumor is they ran out of those little bags of peanuts. As such, we've got some time to kill. So we started thinking, which can always be dangerous ...

* We were impressed with George Hill even before he made the first start of his NBA career last night. Today, we're even more impressed. It's not just the double-digit scoring effort, which is huge with Tony Parker on the shelf. It's Hill's nose for the ball. If there's a loose one, the guy goes and gets it. At one point last night, he had Chris Duhon hanging on his left arm, and tracked down a rebound with his right. That kind of energy is infectious.

* Bruce Bowen showed laudable professionalism after being benched for the first time in 555 games with the Spurs. He kept his head right and scored 13 points off the bench. The Spurs would not have won without him. Stephon Marbury could learn and thing or two from Bowen.

* This is the Michael Finley the Spurs will need to see if they are to stay above water with Parker and Manu Ginobili out. He was active, and he hit shots. He got going by posting up Duhon in the second half and never looked back. Good to see him shake off that 0-of-8 nightmare against Miami.

* Call it a hunch, but we are starting to believe Manu Ginobili might see the floor before the end of the month. He's stepped up his workout schedule, enduring drills that cause him to start, stop and cut on his recuperating left ankle. So far, he's no worse for wear. He hasn't been cleared for contact yet, and his conditioning is bound to be off, but we'd be shocked if it takes Ginobili until mid-December to play.

* Marbury says he'd like to play for the Spurs. Well, we'd like to be a cabana boy at the Playboy Mansion. One is about as likely to happen as the other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    * I've been reading Johnny Ludden's reporting and am starting to believe Manu Ginobili might see the floor before the end of the month.
    Fixed.

* Marbury says he'd like to play for the Spurs. Well, we'd like to be a cabana boy at the Playboy Mansion. One is about as likely to happen as the other.
    So we should be expecting McDonald's resignation soon, since he'll be assuming that cabana boy position?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -This is the Michael Finley the Spurs will need to see if they are to stay above water with Parker and Manu Ginobili out. He was active, and he hit shots. He got going by posting up Duhon in the second half and never looked back.
    Actually, Finley was already "going" by that point.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully manu will be available by the end of the month, and hopefully he won't play till mid December.

Thanks

Makes you say hmmm... YoMamaIsCallin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, we'd like to be a cabana boy at the Playboy Mansion.
    Does he realize that one of the requirements for that job is castration?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another plane delay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats this we ? I don't care what McDonald thinks. I want to know how impressed the coaches are. Who the is we?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Him and Monroe I'm guessing...

Odd thoughts. I really don't want them to rush back Ginobili too soon because of Parker's injury

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We" could mean he and the Spurs PR department that approves each article?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone has a photo of this McDonald guy? i am planning on doing a "wanted" photoshop thing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another plane delay
    This was McDonald's commercial flight Wednesday morning, as far as I can tell. The Spurs charter left Tuesday night following the game, and I don't think they had any delays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was McDonald's commercial flight Wednesday morning, as far as I can tell. The Spurs charter left Tuesday night following the game, and I don't think they had any delays.

oh well that sucks for him then

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully manu will be available by the end of the month, and hopefully he won't play till mid December.
    Well put. +1

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea all i care about is manu healthy. i dont care if he doesnt return until janurary... just be healthy.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and a perspective

Thread Information