Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/65025/...sur-le-retour/

it's from a big french radio station where TP has a broadcast.

TP and Manu back the same week. Hope we'll see Ian soon to see what this team at full strenght is able to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In one of the recent practice reports Tony looked to be moving gingerly still. It would appear as though it was still bothering him, I guess it's not that big of a deal. I'm still a bit skeptical especially seeing the way the twist occured. I wish they publicized rehab videos like Manu's, but just in larger quantities so fans can see exact progress. That probably wouldn't be a good thing especially in regards for the rest of the league seeing it, but i'm just interested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this kind of injury can really give few days of DNP as much as two months. it's very difficult to know it only from the video of the game where it happens and Pop and the spurs staff aren't making it easier to know with their always very politically correct and over-cautious speech.

anyway, i'm still surprised that Pop allows tony to come back so soon and doesn't give him another week out. we'll see.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The injury itself looked bad but hopefully it just looked bad and isnt anything too drastic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will hope he will be back for Friday...

1999 2003 2005 2007

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker needs to take his time even moreso than Manu. Manu's initial diagnosis was 8 to 12 weeks out of action and he missed 11 and a half weeks ... so it's not like he rushed back. Parker can't hurry just because Manu is back and he wants to help the Spurs get "whole" quicker.

Last season, Parker came back too fast from an ankle injury and then had to miss more time than if he would have just stayed out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I right in thinking that Parker's ankle injury is a recurring problem that will eventually have to be surgically fixed? If so, then they really should bring him back slowly. In many ways Manu's situation is much better, because they did what had to be done and now he might be back to 100%. Parker seems to be in the same spot as Manu last year, which is to say that sooner or later the issue will have to be fixed.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Dang, Parker, Mason and Ginobili all back. Bad news for the rest of the league. I will admit when I'm wrong. I didn't think Hill would be anything. The guy is a rookie phenom. Kudos to Hill.

Spurs now have 4 guards who could be starters. All I can say is dayum!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker needs to take his time even moreso than Manu. Manu's initial diagnosis was 8 to 12 weeks out of action and he missed 11 and a half weeks ... so it's not like he rushed back. Parker can't hurry just because Manu is back and he wants to help the Spurs get "whole" quicker.

Last season, Parker came back too fast from an ankle injury and then had to miss more time than if he would have just stayed out.
    I agree on this one I'm not confident at all I wish he will rest much more

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    agree. with ginobili slowly coming back we should be in good shape. We've been doing pretty good so far but parker seriously needs to be completely healthy before he comes back.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker's the one I worry about "rushing" back. Manu's ankle should be stronger than it was before his injury. Parker's won't be.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang, Parker, Mason and Ginobili all back. Bad news for the rest of the league. I will admit when I'm wrong. I didn't think Hill would be anything. The guy is a rookie phenom. Kudos to Hill.

Spurs now have 4 guards who could be starters. All I can say is dayum!

I dont know about Hill being a regular starter on a contender right now, but he'll get plenty of minutes and i have to admit i didnt think he would do much in his rookie year given his scoring struggles in the SL. The good thing is hes always got his D to contribute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see Parker back for another two weeks. This was a four week injury, at minimum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony's ankle will require a lot of time and a lot of tape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, well, we're above .500 now. Why would we rush Parker back if we're blowing out teams without him?

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Manu back and Hill playing fantastic ball of the bench. Parker can wait all he wants.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker needs to chill till about the 18th of December.

Yes, really. No matter how smart your mom told you that you are, it's not true. I hate to break it to you, but you are as dumb as a bag of rocks.

Any more questions?
    - Kori to Poland

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't rush him back until he's 100%

We're doing good so far without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should definitly not feel any pressure to rush back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will hope he will be back for Friday...
    Hell no...

We can wait a little longer

Q-VO RAZA!!!!!!! PURO SAN ANTO 210!'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wit Manu Back That Give's Us A Whole Different Look. Parker Needs To Jus Get Better 100%

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its all good saying Parker can wait longer after a win over the Griz - but theres some tough games coming up and the Spurs are still the 8th seed.

He should come back as soon as hes ready.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker needs to chill till about the 18th of December.
    My guess is Sat. Dec. 6th at home against Golden State.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is Sat. Dec. 6th at home against Golden State.
    Too soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs won't rush him back. But I think he'll be back sometime next week.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    as far as ankle injuries go you can never be too cautious, especially when you're a team with a great backup at the position and the team is on a role. Why not let Mason and Hill get fully comfortable with Manu and build a great chemistry with him in Pop's system, and then go ahead and let them do the same with Parker no longer having to worry about Ginobili. As good as Hill, Mason and Manu looked tonight, they'll need Parker along with those 3 all healthy against LA to exploit LA's weak defensive guards (Fisher Farmar Vujabitch).

It's all hype I think, Manu really didn't return ahead of schedule, no coach/GM/training staff would ever clear a player to return from an ankle injury early, and they won't with Parker when the current team is winning as is. It's going to be interesting once Parker does come back because they are going to need some more passing and less scoring from him. He'll probably be happy he won't have such a huge offensive burden when he does come back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why come back against MEM?

We don't need to him to win that game, he should wait a few more games!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, and now with Hill Pop has 3 legit threats to penetrate, and hopefully that lets Tim stay out more and have Bonner/Fab/KT/Toll put in to worry about grabbing boards and defending while Hill/Mason/Manu/TP handle the O. I bet Timmy is glad Hill turned out to be a gem. If he somehow averaged 30 minutes this season he could be in contention for ROY. But I know TP'll be back in a week, and that'll spell the end of Vaughn, thank god.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah he needs to take his time, the teamis far better than the couple first games.

And I was completely exstatic when I saw that Ginbili played today.

Ginobili Kicks Ass!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/65255/tp-de-retour/

Parker will be back tomorrow against Grizzlies

Thread Information