Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    as far as ankle injuries go you can never be too cautious, especially when you're a team with a great backup at the position and the team is on a role. Why not let Mason and Hill get fully comfortable with Manu and build a great chemistry with him in Pop's system, and then go ahead and let them do the same with Parker no longer having to worry about Ginobili. As good as Hill, Mason and Manu looked tonight, they'll need Parker along with those 3 all healthy against LA to exploit LA's weak defensive guards (Fisher Farmar Vuja ).

It's all hype I think, Manu really didn't return ahead of schedule, no coach/GM/training staff would ever clear a player to return from an ankle injury early, and they won't with Parker when the current team is winning as is. It's going to be interesting once Parker does come back because they are going to need some more passing and less scoring from him. He'll probably be happy he won't have such a huge offensive burden when he does come back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why come back against MEM?

We don't need to him to win that game, he should wait a few more games!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, and now with Hill Pop has 3 legit threats to penetrate, and hopefully that lets Tim stay out more and have Bonner/Fab/KT/Toll put in to worry about grabbing boards and defending while Hill/Mason/Manu/TP handle the O. I bet Timmy is glad Hill turned out to be a gem. If he somehow averaged 30 minutes this season he could be in contention for ROY. But I know TP'll be back in a week, and that'll spell the end of Vaughn, thank god.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah he needs to take his time, the teamis far better than the couple first games.

And I was completely exstatic when I saw that Ginbili played today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/65255/tp-de-retour/

Parker will be back tomorrow against Grizzlies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    against Menphis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    against Menphis
    Wrong D-League team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool. Thanks for the find

Hopefully he's healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Parker will be back tomorrow against Grizzlies
    That's good news

I think he'll get Manu like minutes, 12-14

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's good news

I think he'll get Manu like minutes, 12-14
    absolutely ! I hope he will be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker said in an interview made one week ago that if he comes back this week, he won't really be at 100% and will play with some pain.

I just hope Parker don't rush his comeback and that he comes back that soon because the recovery has been quicker than expected and not because he has decided to play while his ankle hasn't fully recovered.
    Given all the sprains he had at his right ankle, each sprain is a bad news that could end up having long term consequences. If he re-twists his ankle because he has decided to came back one week sooner, it would be quite a disaster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll probably not have his speed, will be a only jump shooter for a few more weeks, but if his shot is as reliable as it was earlier, no worry.

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker needs to chill till about the 18th of December.
    What makes you think he needs another 3 1/2 weeks? Parker and the Spurs aren't idiots, they know the situation and that Parker needs to be healed before he gets back. If they feel comfortable bringing him back in a week then so be it. Nobody is in a better position to make that call than they are. Most people here didn't want Manu back until damn near January, but he looks good right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker said in an interview made one week ago that if he comes back this week, he won't really be at 100% and will play with some pain.

I just hope Parker don't rush his comeback and that he comes back that soon because the recovery has been quicker than expected and not because he has decided to play while his ankle hasn't fully recovered.
    Given all the sprains he had at his right ankle, each sprain is a bad news that could end up having long term consequences. If he re-twists his ankle because he has decided to came back one week sooner, it would be quite a disaster.
    Hopefully Hill continues to play well and can limit Parker's minutes until he gets back to 100%. Even then, if Parker can average closer to 30 minutes per game, that should help him. I don't think it was a coincidence that his ankle have out on him after his 55 point performance where he had to carry the load for 50 minutes.

As a side note, it'll be interesting to see the starting lineup and the rotation once Parker gets back. TP has to start because you can't have TP and Hill as point guards coming off the bench. Does Finley or Bowen start at small forward? Who on the perimeter will lose the most minutes? It'll be interesting to see how Pop decides to go with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

well, for this site, TP is still back tonight against memphis.
    any info ?

Can't Start Threads
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's ready then by all means letum play. Only thing I would do is not play him much against the teams we have been currently beating. No need to play against sorry teams. And the Grizz are a sorry team. All things considered besides Houston n Dallas, have we really played anyone with a decent record? To many things are made up, based on us playing weaker teams. Im ready to play against some real teams. Thats the only way we will find out where we are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, like we learned with Manu, if they say they're ready ...

The Big Three Southwest Texas Fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Hill continues to play well and can limit Parker's minutes until he gets back to 100%. Even then, if Parker can average closer to 30 minutes per game, that should help him. I don't think it was a coincidence that his ankle have out on him after his 55 point performance where he had to carry the load for 50 minutes.

As a side note, it'll be interesting to see the starting lineup and the rotation once Parker gets back. TP has to start because you can't have TP and Hill as point guards coming off the bench. Does Finley or Bowen start at small forward? Who on the perimeter will lose the most minutes? It'll be interesting to see how Pop decides to go with it.
    Agreed, we have five potential offensive threats and it will be interesting to see whose minutes will be decreased and how that will affect their performance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think its good for tony to come back and start working on his rhythm and conditioning, and so they can get used to playing together. just ease him back real slow and let him take it easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's ready then by all means letum play. Only thing I would do is not play him much against the teams we have been currently beating. No need to play against sorry teams. And the Grizz are a sorry team. All things considered besides Houston n Dallas, have we really played anyone with a decent record? To many things are made up, based on us playing weaker teams. Im ready to play against some real teams. Thats the only way we will find out where we are.
    Oh yeah. Nothing like them November/December games to really know where the team's going to stand come playoff time.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if he's 100% there still is a benefit to controlling his minutes. As long as the team continues to play well it makes a lot of sense to get as much playing time for Hill and Mason to give them experience and rest Manu and Tony for the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang, Parker, Mason and Ginobili all back. Bad news for the rest of the league. I will admit when I'm wrong. I didn't think Hill would be anything. The guy is a rookie phenom. Kudos to Hill.

Spurs now have 4 guards who could be starters. All I can say is dayum!
    whose Dang?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would be surprising that Pop lets him play......

Thread Information