Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right, Whottt, he has been playing well. But playing well isn't enough in this system. You have to execute your defensive assignments, not just hustle, rebound and score. Malik has no problem playing well, he plays too hard to not "play well". It's about execution. He plays the game better and harder than most other players on the court when he's out there (especially in terms of effort), but he doesn't think the game well enough to be effective in this system. He'll do great in New York. I have no doubt of that.

Malik deserves to be on the court, not rotting away on the bench. If not here, better he goes somewhere they can fully utilize what he has to offer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're all still scurred of Shaq .

Spoken like a true dumbass.

Chump after losing to the Lakers last year - At least weren't scared of Shaq.

Chump after losing because we stupidly don't play Brent Barry - It's better to lose than play Barry because Barry wasn't shooting. I'm glad we lost.

Shut the up!

All anyone needs to know is that Chump was the guy/girl/it that thought we won the lottery when we signed Charlie Ward. Chump loves lackluster choking players that suck ing ass as badly as ass can be sucked.

And when Mohammed does suck...don't expect any credibility from "it"...it'll just say..."Who cares if we lost? The important thing is that we traded Malik".

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thought we won the lottery when we signed Charlie Ward.
    thought it was the best move at the time. You wanted Heal.
    Chump after losing to the Lakers last year - At least weren't scared of Shaq.

Chump after losing because we stupidly don't play Brent Barry - It's better to lose than play Barry because Barry wasn't shooting. I'm glad we lost.
    Where do you get this drivel? LJ is worried about how Nazr plays Shaq. I said what trades would make a real difference against Shaq, and you come back with Coyote > DRob.

Stay on point, assface.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LJ is worried about how Nazr plays Shaq.

I just posted the recent articles about Nazr. I didn't go out seeking how he matched up with Shaq. I knew that Shaq destroys pretty much any player in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The saddest part of this thread was it was started by mrose31.

Cruel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just posted the recent articles about Nazr. I didn't go out seeking how he matched up with Shaq. I knew that Shaq destroys pretty much any player in the league.
    You sure picked up two Shaq articles pretty quickly. Add your commentary and the inference is easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alright then do a search and see what recent articles you find about him. I just posted the latest ones. I apologize that big, bad Shaq was mentioned in two of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, you're not worried about how he plays Shaq. I'll disregard all your comments and bold type.

I apologize for misinterpreting them.

I still would've preferred Thomas, but that's me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if i may throw my 2 cents in, ill have to say this will benefit the spurs, but its hard to see malik go. he's been with us since '97. i wish him the best. thanks for the memories malik. God speed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a professor at Drexel I will miss Rose as well from the time I saw him in SA.

However, this may be a great trade for both teams and especially for Rose, who I espect will become a fan favorite in NY for his hustle and grit.

Who knows - maybe even Rose asked to be traded = worse places to get on the map in the NBA again than NY, and he can only help that team.

Player To Be Named Later
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AARRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHH IN RIGHT DOGGIE!!! I LOVE THIS . good move business wise and basketball wise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is definitely a good trade for the Spurs, considering that we`ve been getting a few criticisms here and there about our lineup being really small compared with the other teams in the league. i`ll miss Malik, though...it`s sad to see him go, after everything he`s contributed to the Spurs (bonehead plays and all)...i just wish him the best in NY.

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I predict that Malik Rose will be an allstar next year and an MVP candidate.....

signed Marcus Bryant.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon Jim, there was no disloyalty here, Malik has been on the trading block for 2 YEARS! He knew he was being shopped. , the Spurs overpaid him on his contract as a sign of loyalty to him! Don't diss our franchise bother, they're extremely loyal to their players and the only surprise in this trade is that someone else would take Malik's salary.

A good trade I think. We'll all miss Malik's energy and heart, but I won't miss his stupid jumpshooting (how many times did he take a bad 20fter?!), bad decision-making at the end of games and turnovers. Nazr is a solid player with the potential to improve, especially in the Spurs' system. Look at how Rasho's D has improved (although where his offence has gone, nobody knows).

Malik, thanks for all the hard work, glad you got two rings with us and you'll always be my favourite overachiever. Good luck in NY (hope he starts there!).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i cried when i saw that

i'am sooo ING mad with pop and rc how the could you do that to us??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! us the ones how got all of the spurs player to were they are now

its let down for me from the spurs i feel anger sadness,all the work David did everything he proved that if you keep the same team for a while you win championships. and TIM i mean he steped up for tony when peter would not give two million more its not fair Malik has been here for a long time its so un ingfair to do this. and i hope and pray that Malik will not open his second philly phamous and that he closes the other one. YOU POP AND RC YOU HEARTLESS SON OF A ES
    i love the spurs but right now i'm so angry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats with Brewer? I know he's just a "throw in", but did Sato get cut to make room for him? Also, what are Nazzy's salary #s?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i cried when i saw that

i'am sooo ING mad with pop and rc how the could you do that to us??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! us the ones how got all of the spurs player to were they are now

its let down for me from the spurs i feel anger sadness,all the work David did everything he proved that if you keep the same team for a while you win championships. and TIM i mean he steped up for tony when peter would not give two million more its not fair Malik has been here for a long time its so un ingfair to do this. and i hope and pray that Malik will not open his second philly phamous and that he closes the other one. YOU POP AND RC YOU HEARTLESS SON OF A ES

Dude is getting a second chance in the mecca of basketball in the greatest city in the world with $47 million in his pocket. Let's be very angry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i cried when i saw that

Well said.

Classic.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like a ducks post remade by Yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats with Brewer? I know he's just a "throw in", but did Sato get cut to make room for him? Also, what are Nazzy's salary #s?
    Brewer was a throw-in. I think he sucks, but someone somewhere might disagree. Sato got cut because they had to make room for both Nazr/Brewer for the trade to go through. Nazr is under contract through 2006. He'll make $5.5M next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YOU POP AND RC YOU HEARTLESS SON OF A ES
    This my friends, example A, of how the Spurs rival the Suns, and Rockets for the dumbest fans in the NBA.

Absolutely unbeliveable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like a ducks post remade by Yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fantasy Football Guru Guru of Nothing's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nazr is under contract through 2006. He'll make $5.5M next season.
    That's pretty cool that his contract expires after next season. If things don't pan out, his contract offers plenty of flexibility next season come the trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe so many people are upset about this!?

Nazr is a solid player who will improve in our system. His contract is short and reasonable.

Malik was a heart and soul overachiever who has been a great part of the Spurs, and was overpaid as a reward on his last contract. However, he is a poor decision maker who takes too many bad shots. He gets a chance to shine in a big market. He still gets his 7-8mil a year.

Good move by the front office.

Thread Information