Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
    The Franchise
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have played 20 games since malik has left, we lost 7 (I am counting the loss against Memphis even if Nazr wasn't available).
    In everyone of them, except the one against Memphis, Duncan wasn't playing and Tim played only 9 of these 20 games. Manu missed 5 of them too.
    If Rose would have given us 2-4 extra points, we would only have one against Memphis and Denver (at home) when Nazr gave us one of his best performance with 7 points and 9 rebounds. Nazr is really sucking since the game @ New York that's 7 games ago, it is too soon to say that it was a bad trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And where is the Manu jersey you promised me you would get for my son????
    look in the mirror scooter.

Was Rose worth 3-5???

Who the knows, thats the biggest bunch of What ifs Ive ever heard.

those nights, Rose couldve pulled his jersey over his head, gotten beaten for a basket then get benched for the rest of the night in favor of Massenburg.

Get real.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it is too soon to say that it was a bad trade.
    seeing as the guy has played a total of what 12 games??

Uh yeah.

Truth, justice, and the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are 5-3 without Duncan. They're holding up OK.

Barry has become a sparkplug off the bench like Rose, Manu used to be. Manu has stepped up his leadership in Tim's absence.

All Nazr has to do is come in an grab som rebounds, provide 6 fouls, and block some shots. We don't need him to score loads of points. Some of the Nazr-hating is the same BS people said about Rasho. People don't seem to understand Pop's system, and the roles he asks players to play.

Robinson will be great if he can become another spot-up shooter - we needed that last year. But I worry that his character (he's an abuser, after all) will not be a good fit for the Spurs. Maybe they'll be a good influence on him. Maybe.

As for Rose, I miss him. He was one of my favorite Spurs. But he wasn't going to be a Spur forever, because his contract would keep the Spurs from being able to sign Scola and Brown next year, and because his contract was ABSURD for a bench player at best who logged as many DNP-CDs last year as he did.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    look in the mirror scooter.

Was Rose worth 3-5???

Who the knows, thats the biggest bunch of What ifs Ive ever heard.

those nights, Rose couldve pulled his jersey over his head, gotten beaten for a basket then get benched for the rest of the night in favor of Massenburg.

Get real.
    what do you mean look in the mirror???

Are you saying that you are not sending me the jersey after you said you would?

SW: Hot As Hell
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way to quantify that having Rose would have kept the Spurs as the #1 seed.

And Jim, your questions suck. Of course Rose sparked the team many many times. Did anyone say anything to the contrary? I loved Malik as a Spur, as a player, and as a person. He did many things that helped the team during his stay here. But to say Rose would have won us several games is way too much of a stretch to make.

And if this is the worst move in franchise history, then we as fans, have NOTHING to complain about.

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what do you mean look in the mirror???

Are you saying that you are not sending me the jersey after you said you would?
    ????

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way to quantify that having Rose would have kept the Spurs as the #1 seed.

And Jim, your questions suck. Of course Rose sparked the team many many times. Did anyone say anything to the contrary? I loved Malik as a Spur, as a player, and as a person. He did many things that helped the team during his stay here. But to say Rose would have won us several games is way too much of a stretch to make.

And if this is the worst move in franchise history, then we as fans, have NOTHING to complain about.

My question does not suck because it hits the nail right on the head.

Having Malik is better than having Narz because of your answer to my question. If Nazr does not give us what Malik did for us, then that means the trade sucked.

Yes, we are spoiled because the Spurs do not make a habit of making stupid moves...but in my opinion, this was the dumbest one of all....and the reason was, it did not have to be made...because there was no good reason to make it, as timvp has stated.

It was useless, it was reactionary, it was spiteful and it was wrong.

It hurt the team.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am asking wtf he meant when he said look in the mirror when I asked where the jersey he promised some of us in chat that he would send one to us.

I wonder if Athenea ever got hers either.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, in your world money is no object and it's easy to pay a guy $7 million a year to play 15mpg on a small market team with a tiny corporate base while getting beat out by whatever 40 year-old we happen to sign. Makes perfect sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Having Malik is better than having Narz because of your answer to my question. If Nazr does not give us what Malik did for us, then that means the trade sucked.

Yes, we are spoiled because the Spurs do not make a habit of making stupid moves...but in my opinion, this was the dumbest one of all....and the reason was, it did not have to be made...because there was no good reason to make it, as timvp has stated.

It hurt the team.
    Hey Jim how long are you going to resent the trade huh?? Are we going to have to listen to you and Whottt about how Pop and the Spurs management are morons for trading Malik for another year or two? 'cause I got to tell you its getting boring dude. Ok, so Nazr is not as good as people thought he might be, big deal, Malik wasn't as good as he should have been this season either. So quit whinning about Malik every time Nazr has a bad game, at least do us that favor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am asking wtf he meant when he said look in the mirror when I asked where the jersey he promised some of us in chat that he would send one to us.

I wonder if Athenea ever got hers either.
    he promised me one too, but I ain't asking him where it is. If he want's to send it to me, its fine, if not, I'm no worst off. I'm not paying for the damn thing, so I'm not complaining, as neither should you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If welching on bets was a sport, we'd have more than a few hall of famers.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Jim how long are you going to resent the trade huh?? Are we going to have to listen to you and Whottt about how Pop and the Spurs management are morons for trading Malik for another year or two? 'cause I got to tell you its getting boring dude. Ok, so Nazr is not as good as people thought he might be, big deal, Malik wasn't as good as he should have been this season either. So quit whinning about Malik every time Nazr has a bad game, at least do us that favor.
    I did not bump this thread, timvp did, it was here so I am ing about the trade again.

If someone brings it up, I am offering my opinion til you are sick of it.

That is my cause...to irritate all the Nazr backers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did not bump this thread, timvp did, it was here so I am ing about the trade again.

If someone brings it up, I am offering my opinion til you are sick of it.

That is my cause...to irritate all the Nazr backers.

lol

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he promised me one too, but I ain't asking him where it is. If he want's to send it to me, its fine, if not, I'm no worst off. I'm not paying for the damn thing, so I'm not complaining, as neither should you.
    Why tell us that he would send it if he had no intention of doing so? I told him I would pay him for it, I have money to buy a jersey. My son wanted a TD jersey when we were in SA in March, I told him that I had a Manu jersey coming in the mail from a guy that was going to send one, so he should just wait for it rather than get a TD jersey. He was excited about it, and now, I am glad he forgot about it because I will have to go back to SA and get it for him....

That is why I am pissed at Tpark.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I made a freaking donation to Breast cancer research for TPark instead of buying him beer all night at a Spurs game because he does not drink.

I pay my real bets, Chump.

But not what you call bets...which are in jest, and everyone knew it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why tell us that he would send it if he had no intention of doing so? I told him I would pay him for it, I have money to buy a jersey. My son wanted a TD jersey when we were in SA in March, I told him that I had a Manu jersey coming in the mail from a guy that was going to send one, so he should just wait for it rather than get a TD jersey. He was excited about it, and now, I am glad he forgot about it because I will have to go back to SA and get it for him....

That is why I am pissed at Tpark.
    I suppose that son part does change the picture somewhat. On my part, I hold no grudge against TPark

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I pay my real bets, Chump.

But not what you call bets...which are in jest, and everyone knew it.
    Who said anything about you?

SW: Hot As Hell
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It hurt the team.
    Yes, I wish we had Malik. He could give us 2 inspirational games out of 5. 2 games where he was a non factor, and 1 DNP coaches decision. Was that going to drastically improve all of a sudden?

Nazr may be playing like crap right now. There was many reasons for that trade. I happen to believe it was the right thing to do. I see more upside than down. Mabye Nazr won't even be a small contributer this year, but it's not like we trade Shaq for Odom and change.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who said anything about you?
    I saw right through your little post there, don't play coy with me.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suppose that son part does change the picture somewhat. On my part, I hold no grudge against TPark

I am holding no grudge, I just like to bust his balls any chance I can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an epidemic. If you include yourself, you're only one of many. Being defensive about it makes it funnier though.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an epidemic. If you include yourself, you're only one of many. Being defensive about it makes it funnier though.

who me, defensive?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information