Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course he has a history. Every black man does, right TPark?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way Nazr is quicker than Rose, but you do bring up a good question.

How quick is he? Can he at least try to do a reasonable job on Amare, or maybe even Dirk or KG?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they make the move to get a legit center to get rasho to perfrom better
    nothing to do with $$$$$$$$$

SW: Hot As Hell
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a question, has he had problems in the past that I missed? You said "if he's not a peanut head" and now that comment above. Does he have a history?
    This was from his bio I posted earlier:
    During Atlanta stint, served as spokesperson for the Hawks’ “Home Team Hero” award, which recognizes individuals who make a difference in their local communities..
    Seems like David Robinson to me.

And T Park, do honestly believe he will be a better defender than Duncan?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't count on him as any kind of Amare stopper... but maybe he'll be a little more effective against Yao if Rasho gets in foul trouble.

Fantasy Football Guru Guru of Nothing's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sad. Malik frustrated me sometimes as a player, but I've always rooted for him because I like him as a person.

Can't say I don't like the trade though. Very good grab for the Spurs.
    That capture's my sentiment exactly. I'll miss Malik, but I think he will be back in a few years under a smaller contract.

Kick some ass in NYC Malik!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, Tpark brought up a pretty decent point.

Rasho playing with the 2nd unit might be better than Rasho playing with the starters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fans have got to remember that business is business and what the Spurs have done was fleece the Knicks big time. They pick up a guy that's three inches taller and is averaging almost a double-double a nite.

I'll miss Malik too but this is a business people....these players know that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't count on him as any kind of Amare stopper... but maybe he'll be a little more effective against Yao if Rasho gets in foul trouble.
    I agree, I was going nuts watching Mass get owned by Yao, then Rasho comes back in and Yao scores one point and that's why we need a legitimate backup center which it looks like we've just gotten.

I liked Malik too but this is a business and from a business point of view the Spurs made a good move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rasho playing with the 2nd unit might be better than Rasho playing with the starters.
    I have been saying that to LJ for weeks.

Rasho and Duncan's games don't complement each other. Rasho gets in Duncan's way and defers to him too much. I was trying to think of a way to bring Rasho off the bench. This might be the answer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. I can't see Malik ever averaging more than around 12 and 8, because I figure he's probably a guy with severely diminishing returns once his MPG consistenly go above 24-28 minutes.

2. Realistically, Nazr is not "almost averaging a double-double". He was almost averaging a doub-doub through the end of December. Since then he's been in a tailspin. In 2005, freakin' Lorenzen Wright has been a better center, among others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea Rasho is a much more confident player when he is the only Big on the court. he loves to take shots running across the lane, with him and tim in at the same time he dooes not have enough floor space to work with. Every game when tim was injured showed a side of Rasho that we need to see more often.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Realistically, Nazr is not "almost averaging a double-double". He was almost averaging a doub-doub through the end of December. Since then he's been in a tailspin. In 2005, freakin' Lorenzen Wright has been a better center, among others.
    In December he averaged 32mpg, in February he's averaging only 20. So are his stats falling due to a decrease in playing time? or is his playing time been cut due to his stats falling?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In December he averaged 32mpg, in February he's averaging only 20. So are his stats falling due to a decrease in playing time? or is his playing time been cut due to his stats falling?
    Chicken or the egg?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are his stats falling due to a decrease in playing time? or is his playing time been cut due to his stats falling?
    Can only speculate, but if it was the former, then that would imply that somebody else was playing well enough to beat him out for minutes. Looking at the Knicks roster, I find that hard to believe, nor can figure out who that might be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NY didn't care about Malik or Nazr... They just wanted to take #1 picks out of our hands because we always get bad ass guys!

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charles Smith revisited...

If one does not know his history, he is destined to repeat it.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charles Smith had a ty coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can only speculate, but if it was the former, then that would imply that somebody else was playing well enough to beat him out for minutes. Looking at the Knicks roster, I find that hard to believe, nor can figure out who that might be.
    Perhaps it was just the coaching change. Under Lenny Wilkens, he averaged 12.2 points per game. Under Herb Williams, he averaged 7.5 points per game.

Hopefully Herbie was just going in a different direction. If it's that Nazr is breaking down as the season is progressing, that would suck and this would be a bad trade.

We'll find out.

Blog Boy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps it was just the coaching change. Under Lenny Wilkens, he averaged 12.2 points per game. Under Herb Williams, he averaged 7.5 points per game.

Hopefully Herbie was just going in a different direction. If it's that Nazr is breaking down as the season is progressing, that would suck and this would be a bad trade.

We'll find out.
    14.2 million dollars people. Nazr Mohammed could have had two broken legs and the Spurs still would have made this trade.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We'll find out.

I can just hear Sequ now.

Fantasy Football Guru Guru of Nothing's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The New York Knick roster is so ill-conceived that I would not pay any attention to stats alone for any player on their roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The New York Knick roster is so ill-conceived that I would not pay any attention to stats alone for any player on their roster.
    Agreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't the Charles Smith deal. The Knicks are paying Malik's salary now....not the Spurs. This team needed a big that was more consistant than Rasho.

Get over being a Malik fan and be a damn basketball fan people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jim, you've got to be kidding me:

At least I am finding out who my friends are.

you s.

Loyalty means a lot to me, and I guess it means nothing to any of you?
    I hope we lose the championship now... the Spurs.
    This is loyalty?

Show some loyalty to the ing team for once in your life, Derek Anderson.

Thread Information