Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's early, but I feel two things have been established in the WEst.

1. The Lakers will get the #1 seed
    2. #2-#9 will be (in no order) Denver, Utah, Portland, New Orleans, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, and Phoenix.

So who is the odd team out?

I can't imagine a team like the Spurs missing the playoffs

Before the year I thought it would be Denver, but they look better since the trade.

I thought Portland was a possibility, and I could see them go into a slump because of their youth, but jeez, they're playing really well. It was a 40 win team last year + Oden, Batum, and Fernandez/Rodriguez and their younger players like Roy/Aldridge have gotten better.

Utah? This team just seems to have too much depth and once they get healthy should be good. This team's probably going to win 35 or more at home, so they'd only have to win 15ish on the road.

Hornets? I think this is a pretender jump shooting team, but Paul seems good enough to carry them into the playoffs.

Suns? Amare and Nash seem dissatisfied with the system, Shaq misses too many games, they're the oldest "playoff contender" in the West. Could it be!? But a team w/ nash, amare, and shaq NOT in the playoffs?

Rockets? Seem to have too much depth + the big 3 even if injured seems good enough to win 50 games.

So where does this leave our beloved Mavs? I actually wouldn't be shocked if the Mavs missed the playoffs, but I wouldn't be shocked if we finished 3rd or 4th either. Dirk and Kidd ALONE should get a team into the playoffs, shouldn't it? Howard and Terry are good players as well as young depth coming off the bench (not the greatest depth, but depth regardless). One plus for the Mavs is the durability of Dampier, Dirk, Kidd, and Terry. They rarely miss games.

I honestly can't make up my mind here, I think it may come down to injuries and I'm inclined to believe that the Suns and Rockets are the most vulnerable to that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I was wondering the same thing myself. It's too bad someone has to miss out, but that's the rules. I agree, Lakers should hold the lead wire to wire, but the rest of the pack will change frequently. Should be exciting and a test to these pros.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    vbookie.. ive got my moneyon mavs but honestly it will be close

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Mavs

or Blazers

But probably Mavs

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    The Blazers will most likely overtake the Lakers for the #1 seed, but overall your thoughts are pretty accurate. Either the Mavs or the Spurs will miss the playoffs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Blazers will most likely overtake the Lakers for the #1 seed.

You know, I gave up drugs years ago, but I really want to know what you are on as it seems to lead to feelings of grand extasy!

BLACK MAMBA & TRU WARIER. j-money24's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Blazers will most likely overtake the Lakers for the #1 seed, but overall your thoughts are pretty accurate. Either the Mavs or the Spurs will miss the playoffs.

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Another note, had I not seen basketball before this year, I would say the 3 candidates would be the Spurs, Suns, and Mavs (just 2 years ago the holy trinity of the western conference!).

But the Spurs are champions, and champions don't go from that to lottery teams (even if that lottery team has won 45-50 games) in 2 years, do they? Except for the Heat, but we all know that Finals was rigged and they had a completely different roster.

A core of Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan seems too good to miss the playoffs, but the Spurs have played like the 7th or 8th best team in the West so far... and are 9th in the standings.

AGain way too early though, 2-9 separated by 2 games 17-20 games into the season.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    You know, I gave up drugs years ago, but I really want to know what you are on as it seems to lead to feelings of grand extasy!
    Either we overtake you in the regular season or the playoffs. Doesn't really matter to me.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Either we overtake you in the regular season or the playoffs. Doesn't really matter to me.
    neither will happen, book it.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    neither will happen, book it.
    Oh it will happen. I guarantee it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh it will happen. I guarantee it.
    we need to start a thread for your predictions, as was done for SpursDynasty. Get them in before the regular season is over, because I recall you won't be posting in the playoffs unless Portland finishes ahead of LA in the regular season.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If health continues to be an issue, perhaps Houston.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    HowaretheJazzdownby12playingathomeagainsttheHeat?G ranted,they'reinjuredbutcomeon...thisistheHeat.And theJazzareunstoppableathome.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Blazers could finish anywhere from 2-5, and if they do meet the Lakers in the playoffs they are pretty evenly matched, it 'd be a close series if the Blazers keep on improving.

For the 9th spot either Mavs or Suns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i smell a tlong sig bet...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think the spurs are more of a candidate for the 9th seed than NO, Portland and Denver.
    I may sound like a homer but the Spurs' big 3 is too good of a trio to be counted out just like that.
    NO still doesnt have depth.
    Portland although is very talented just doesnt have the experience, you cant be in the playoffs by relying on just talent alone.
    Denver is one injury (so is any team) away from making it plus they have at ude problems.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the Lakers won't get the #1 seed, maybe a 2-4 seed because they're having so much bull fed to them. It's ridiculous. It's like the 2006-2007 Mavs. Having the refs give them every call.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    thong, blazers will not over take lakers in anything except perhaps hopscotch or sucking or some blazer activity like that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the Lakers won't get the #1 seed, maybe a 2-4 seed because they're having so much bull fed to them. It's ridiculous. It's like the 2006-2007 Mavs. Having the refs give them every call.
    What kind of crazy mutated animal did you breastfeed on huh? The Lakers are the real deal this year, they dont need the refs to win .

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    i think they may overtake them in rocket game winners this season though.. pretty good possibility

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    HowaretheJazzdownby12playingathomeagainsttheHeat?G ranted,they'reinjuredbutcomeon...thisistheHeat.And theJazzareunstoppableathome.
    Man, we're so damn banged up right now. Deron's not 100%, Korver's playing with a bum ankle and shooting wrist, Harpring, Brevin Knight, AK and Boozer are all out. Plus Miami's been sitting in SLC for two days waiting to play and we played in Sacro last night.

But we'll get healthy and make the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Mavs or Rockets will slip to 9th

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Man, we're so damn banged up right now. Deron's not 100%, Korver's playing with a bum ankle and shooting wrist, Harpring, Brevin Knight, AK and Boozer are all out. Plus Miami's been sitting in SLC for two days waiting to play and we played in Sacro last night.

But we'll get healthy and make the playoffs.
    the

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'll feel that on the face again come playoff time..hopefully on the first round

Thread Information