Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anybody here listen to ESPN radio??

I've been listening for ten years, mostly to get score updates or on the weekend when nothing else is on. Whenever they talk NBA, it's always Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, for over ten years. That's all they talk about!

You'd think from these dudes that Shaq, Kobe, and Lebron were the greatest players of all-time, or at least post Jordan/Hakeem.

Well, I think not!

Tim Duncan beats them all. Duncan is a dominant two-way player who makes his teammates better. I can't say that for the Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, Bla, Bla.

Shaq is too stupid to be the greatest player. He can't hit free throws in crunch time. He can't hit free throws at all, in fact. And Shaq has never been a dominant defensive player, and is not a good team defender.

Kobe, until last year never made his teammates better either. And he is a good defender, but has never been dominant.

Lebron is not and never will be a dominant defender, but at least he makes his teammates better.

I'm totally sick of this decade-long incessant banter of Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, Bla, Bla, Bla, ad infinitum!

Enough! Protest ESPN! Up with Duncan! Down with Shaq! Down with Kobe! Down with Lebron!

Duncan adds # 5 in '09!!!!!

Last edited by Galileo; 12-16-2008 at 02:08 PM.

It is what it is. I Love Me Some Me's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A long time ago I stopped caring about what the national media thinks of the Spurs.

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're preaching to the choir. Appreciate it though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, you are talking about BSPN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From looking at your post count, i'd expect a lot better than the rambling you posted on here. However, from your post history i don't think it's surprising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From looking at your post count, i'd expect a lot better than the rambling you posted on here. However, from your post history i don't think it's surprising.
    TAKE TO THE STREETS!!!! GO SPURS!

Thank you, Tim Duncan! peskypesky's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've been listening for ten years, mostly to get score updates or on the weekend when nothing else is on. Whenever they talk NBA, it's always Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, for over ten years. That's all they talk about!

You'd think from these dudes that Shaq, Kobe, and Lebron were the greatest players of all-time, or at least post Jordan/Hakeem.

Well, I think not!

Tim Duncan beats them all. Duncan is a dominant two-way player who makes his teammates better. I can't say that for the Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, Bla, Bla.

Shaq is too stupid to be the greatest player. He can't hit free throws in crunch time. He can't hit free throws at all, in fact. And Shaq has never been a dominant defensive player, and is not a good team defender.

Kobe, until last year never made his teammates better either. And he is a good defender, but has never been dominant.

Lebron is not and never will be a dominant defender, but at least he makes his teammates better.

I'm totally sick of this decade-long incessant banter of Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, Bla, Bla, Bla, ad infinitum!

Enough! Protest ESPN! Up with Duncan! Down with Shaq! Down with Kobe! Down with Lebron!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember my first beer also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't like the reaction that's all.

BTW who the cares (atleast spurs fans) about Shaq & his gay ass team, and kobe and his soft ass team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cause it was yesterday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW who the cares (atleast spurs fans) about Shaq & his gay ass team, and kobe and his soft ass team.
    Apparently, only everyone outside of San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well, I think not!

It's obviously a conspiracy. Isn't that right down your alley?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN is the worldwide joke in sports. Two shows on there are good. Baseball Tonight & College Gameday. Everything else blows.

I've been on this board for 3 yrs saying how much ESPN sucks and I will continue to my final breath. The only reason people watch it is because its the only sports network that stays alive. Its backed by the Disney empire so it won't go away. I suggest you read God Save the Fan by Will Leitch. It is the best sports book ever written and there are all kinds of examples in it of why espn is a caricature of itself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THAT'S ALL YOU'VE GOT TO SAY, THAT YOU REMEMBER YOUR FIRST BEER?

THAT'S IT?

YOU ARE AN OFFENSIVE SHAQ, KOBE, LeBRON DEFENDER!!

ESPN RADIO SUCKS!!!

(except Freddie Coleman, who gets it)

Mr. Burns
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ESPN RADIO SUCKS!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been saying it for a long time. If I'm looking for sports info, scores, whatever, there are plenty of places on the net to find what I'm looking for. ESPN is one of the last places I go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny you say that, because it IS a conspiracy! It is a vast 24-year MEDIA conspiracy against small-market teams, rigged by David Stern and his ilk; Bob Delaney, Joey Crawford, Tim Donaghy, Bavetta, Scott Foster, etc.

Only the greatness of Tim Duncan & the Spurs has been able to overcome this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lest we ever forget:

NBA: Where Rigged Games Happens
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4t5R...eature=related

The Shaq, Kobe, Lebron blather is just another tentacle of the conspiracy.

3-striped Laker Legend adidas11's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Cry me a river. Some of you people get bent out of shape about nothing, it seems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cry me a river. Some of you people get bent out of shape about nothing, it seems.
    The Spurs don't cry, they win championships! Lakers cry like babies.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    espn is a capitalist network. they do it for the rating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    espn is a capitalist network. they do it for the rating.
    That's a load of hooey. If the NBA wanted to promote its product to the general public, then the Spurs & Tim Duncan are the way to go. The whole team is a bunch of role models.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the Spurs, but you gotta admit that they don't attract as large an audience as some other big market teams. But this fact comes with a positive irony: this situation also attracts players who are not blinded by the glitz of bigger markets, and who are more likely to be basketball purists rather than publicity hounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the Spurs, but you gotta admit that they don't attract as large an audience as some other big market teams. But this fact comes with a positive irony: this situation also attracts players who are not blinded by the glitz of bigger markets, and who are more likely to be basketball purists rather than publicity hounds.
    Most of the people out there are sheeple, they follow the flock leader (the media). If the media promoted the Spurs, who have won an amazing 2/3 of their games almost every year for 20 years, then the Spurs would have the biggest audience.

Spurs fans and Ron Paul fans have a lot in common, both get shafted by the media.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I prefer CBS radio and all the hosts working there, Marc Vandermeer in particular. I love their accents because I also hold a very strong spanish accent too.

Thread Information