My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have the Spurs or Deke said anything new? Or is he just resigning with the Rockets? When is the trade deadline? Are we thinking of ay trades that anyone has heard of and if so the Link please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last thing I heard was that he said he would be with the Celtics or Spurs by the new year. Then the Celts said they are not going after him. You can search the threads in the "basketball" forum.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think its Houst or the Celtics, But I think he would mean more to us so Im keeping my fingers crossed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 7-2 free agent center who helped the 76ers reach the NBA Finals in 2000-01, and who says ''I will be in Boston or San Antonio by the end of the year,'' is trying to raise at least $2 million to help treat the thousands of patients who have been coming, mostly on an out-patient basis, to the hospital he has built in his native Democratic Republic Of The Congo.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OAKLAND, Calif. - Doc Rivers didn’t change his opinion after losing in Los Angeles Thursday. He’s always liked having tall people on his team and said as much after watching Pau Gasol get good looks and Andrew Bynum alter shots against his team.

But as the Celtics [team stats] continue to search for some length to complement Leon Powe and Glen Davis off the bench, there was nothing encouraging on the Dikembe Mutombo front. The free agent said he’d be making a decision on a team soon, but the Celts may be holding off for someone with a more balanced game as they mainly see Mutombo as a contributor on the defensive end.

“No, I don’t think we’re going to get him,” said Rivers. “We talked to David (Falk, Mutombo’s agent) and I would say it’s a no.

“We would love him, but we’re going to wait it out.”
    The Celts haven’t given up on P.J. Brown coming back, but at this point Danny Ainge believes Brown’s not coming out of retirement. Then again, Ainge thought the same thing at this time last year.

Alonzo Mourning’s name is still being floated, but an even more intriguing property could be available soon. There is talk Oklahoma City may buy out Joe Smith’s contract, and that the club is at least serious about trading him.

The Celtics can’t and won’t discuss him publicly, but at a lanky 6-foot-10, Smith would seem to fit the club’s need.

Said one NBA scout, “Are you kidding me? Joe Smith would be perfect for the Celtics.”

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Have the Spurs or Deke said anything new? Or is he just resigning with the Rockets? When is the trade deadline? Are we thinking of ay trades that anyone has heard of and if so the Link please.
    Spurs haven't said anything about Deke while Deke has never shown any sign related to the spurs in person.
    He is definitely just resigning with the Rockets who are unthinkably thirsty for a backup center.
    The trade deadline is as far as the all-star weekend.
    We are thinking about trading Tony Parker to LA for Kobe but the lakers seem not so interested on trading Kobe. Except the trade about Tony, we haven't thought of any constructive trade proposal.
    You may hurt youself if you keep your head knocking the wall continually, and please don't misspell a word which is just 3 letters' long.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking more and more likely that Deke will be back with the Rockets.

but hey, Alonzo's still a FA......hmmmmmmm

Thank you, Tim Duncan! peskypesky's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking more and more likely that Deke will be back with the Rockets.

but hey, Alonzo's still a FA......hmmmmmmm
    hmmm...Alonzo Mourning as a Spur for the playoffs...could be cool...maybe...how's his health?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmmm...Alonzo Mourning as a Spur for the playoffs...could be cool...maybe...how's his health?

not sure but last i heard hes says he wants to play again.

Best Nuggets Troll Ever NuGGeTs-FaN's Avatar
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Zo is going back to the Heat. He stated that in an interview last week before the Heat-Lakers game

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, if its true that Joe Smith will be on the market soon, I think I'd prather get him than Mutombo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The latest I read about him is that eh will have a workout today (monday) with Courtney Sims (a D-League center who put monster stats) for the Rockets.

In all likelihood, he will soon re-sign with the Rockets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew not to get to happy about Deke. But for some reason I really wish they would trade Udonka, Vahun, an Mahimi. Im sure somebody wants to get a bing contract off their books. Not saying that we cant win, but just beating teams under 500% are not acceptable. I know we beata team or two at times but I just get tired of the we can win it all with what we got at ude. I'd be so happy if they go after Camby or Shed Wallace. But thats just me. And I know im not a GM so keep your insults please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Camby would be great.

not gonna happen though

Where Everything Happens The Franchise's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    He's coming to Houston.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There has been a three way trade rumor flying around with the Rockets/Lakers/Bucks, which could bring Mihm and Charlie V. to Houston. I am wondering if this is why they have yet to re-sign Deke. The rumor seems to have pretty shaky legs though. Bruno is probably right...Deke will be back with Houston unless something unforeseen happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There has been a three way trade rumor flying around with the Rockets/Lakers/Bucks, which could bring Mihm and Charlie V. to Houston. I am wondering if this is why they have yet to re-sign Deke. The rumor seems to have pretty shaky legs though. Bruno is probably right...Deke will be back with Houston unless something unforeseen happens.

if that trade goes down then Deke will not be going back to Houston.

Thread Information