Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say stick with the current team. We already had a rookie pg and a free agent trying to learn the system and they wouldnt want another one to come in when the season is already halfway. KT (and Bonner) is serviceable and when his elbow jumpers are dropping then he'll be great to draw out the bigs. Fabs is a high IQ player who feeds off TD and plays well with Manu. That's all we need.
    Are you kidding?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, Im not kidding. Sometimes the team's chemistry is more important than anything else. The Spurs' defense is all about funneling to the big man, he should be able to have a firm understanding of that system plus the season almost halfway thru.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, Im not kidding. Sometimes the team's chemistry is more important than anything else. The Spurs' defense is all about funneling to the big man, he should be able to have a firm understanding of that system plus the season almost halfway thru.
    The Spurs are all about funneling it to a big man, but a big man who can block shots. If you have two of them, even better. Right now our only shot blocker is Tim Duncan. When he goes out this team is screwed.

Contributor to Basketbawful, check it out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can I have Kristic?
    No shit! How did OKC just grab him out of nowhere?? Of the OKC bigs, he would be the best to get, followed by Wilcox, then Collison, then Swift.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless OKC really just wants to clear cap by 2010 they're not gonna want Oberto.
    Oberto's contract is only partial for next season.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Wilcox would be a dream come true:

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as i would like to have Wilcox i dont see it happening. I dont think the Spurs have enough to give up for him.

Unless they want to give up Mahimni. i suppose

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter's rights? Presti probaby was the one who found Tiago and liked him in the first place, and since it is unlikely we will see him in the Duncan Era it might be a decent trade.

Maybe its impatience in my part but i say if you have an opportunity to recieve a good solid player in exchange of a young protege or 2, i would do it in a second.

IF i were Pop i would give up Mahimni and Splitter for Wilcox. If you have the chance of getting a young tough Big and not trading any of your teams core players (including Bowen,Mason,Hill,Finley) I would make the trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From my sources I've heard that the Spurs are interested in Collison or Wilcox. In fact the Spurs have been trying to get Wilcox for a few years but never wanted to take on the salary. Now that he is an expiring contract, along with the fact he probably own't re-sign with OKC this up coming offseason he is the Spurs main target, and the Thunder probably want to get something for him if possible.
    Interesting. I know they have liked Collison - many think he'd work really well next to Duncan. But Wilcox is like the anti-Pop player... lazy on D, athletic , and rumored not to be the best practice player. As I said in the other thread about him, even with all his defensive laziness, he's still worth a look because he can run the floor, rebound and score.

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take Rasho back right now, the spurs interior defense is obsolete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's also one of the league leaders in personal fouls, averaging something like 6.3 per 48 minutes. That's always been a bit of a problem for him.

On the other hand, George Hill is averaging around 6.0 fouls per 48. And maybe he would benefit from the fact that the refs always favor Spur players when it comes to whistles. (Ask any Laker or Suns fan.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me crazy, but if we are really desperate,

Spurs give out Fabricio Oberto and Tony Parker.
    OKC sends out Jeff Green, Russell Westbrook and Nick Collison.

Parker fans may not like this, but this makes lots of sense. We could also include Splitter's right if needed.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I can't see Pop scrapping the Ian project until at least next year. Splitter I can because chances are Tiago won't come to the NBA because of the fact he will make 3 million overseas but he won't even make 1 million playing for us. Anyhow so long as we include maybe a couple second round picks making the trade of Vaughn, Ime and Fab for Wilcox works out numbers wise.
    I always thought we currently can't offer a 1st rounder in such a process, but learned that it would be possible. it would then just be a future 1st rounder, which will then very likely be delivered 2011.
    so whatever package they assemble, it could be sweetened with the Warriors 2nd rounder 2009 (currently #35) and a 1st rounder. that's not breath taking, but it's also not all crap.
    what I don't like is that the contract of Wilcox is expiring. yes, this is usually seen as an attractive element, but it very likely will mean that he's gone 2009. he will get a MLE offer for at least 3 years and I don't see the Spurs give him such an offer, if it's true that they would hesitate to take Collison and his contract. Wilcox also won't re sign for just 1 year.
    so, in the worst case, Spurs trade for Wilcox, sacrifice some picks, he doesn't fit with the Spurs, like so many athletic-but-not-smart players before him and he's gone 2009.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take Rasho back right now, the spurs interior defense is obsolete.
    If it hadn't been for his contract, I'd just as soon the Spurs never let him go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm skeptical about Wilcox. Guy is not basketball-smart, he's lazy, and he's no shot-blocker. He used to be athletic, but if you've seen him this season he looks slow and overweight.

I'd rather Collison who, whilst unspectacular, is a solid lunchpail-type worker. He goes to the boards, plays tough post D, and has a solid midrange jumper, but he's also not really a shot blocker... he's basically a younger, quicker version of KT.

Come to think of it, neither of these guys truly fills our need, although either could potentially blossom or crash in the Spurs' system. End of the day, we're talking about help this year, so I take the smarter guy (more apt to learn our system quickly), and that is Collison.

Tell people something they know already and they will thank you for it. Tell them something new and they will hate you for it. - George Monbiot http://www.monbiot.com/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Parker fans may not like this, but this makes lots of sense. We could also include Splitter's right if needed.
    Wow, trading an all star and our starting C for promising guys that could not blossom. High risk, low reward in this case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't need to be a Parker fan to ask why this makes a lot of sense. it will take 3 or 4 more years till Westbrook can play at the level of Tony, if he ever will. then Tim will be history.
    why dump the last 2 or 3 shots for another championship?
    Westbrook and Greene will be nice players, but none will be a franchise type player. Spurs would close the window right now and become a Grizzlies type franchise after 2012. that's a lose lose situation. can't see any sense in that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree, this would be a bad trade. We have to be good now, while Duncan is still one of the best player in the league, not in 4 years.
    If we had to trade one piece of the big 3 (I hope it will not happen) I think we could find much better than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder have been winning games because of Green and Westbrook. I did mention that if we were really desperate.

However, I still prefer the Parker and Mahinmi for Oden, Bayless and Outlaw.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't deny they have talent. But do you really think they could help us during playoff series?
    What do you call "really desperate"? Because we have a good record, we won against the Lakers, gave a fight to the Magics...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't deny they have talent. But do you really think they could help us during playoff series?
    What do you call "really desperate"? Because we have a good record, we won against the Lakers, gave a fight to the Magics...
    Extremely shitty defense. If they still cannot turn it up like everyone say they will, the Spurs cannot win in the playoffs and might just want to rebuild along the way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder have been winning games because of Green and Westbrook. I did mention that if we were really desperate.

if we were that desperate, it also might make some sense to trade Parker for another all star player, who is also just entering his prime and who could also help immediately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should just go ahead and trade Parker for Gortat . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand what's the fascination with trading Parker and Manu... I don't see many fans of NO trying to trade West or Paul, nor Portland fans wanting Oden or Roy out. Do we not realize what we have? You just don't break a proven championship core even if the trade sounds somewhat appealing, let alone all those flying around that are not even equal in value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should just go ahead and trade Parker for Gortat . . .
    No let's better just stay with what we have pretend like we aren't going to get our asses handed to us in the playoffs and wait 'till Hill becomes a free agent and decides to sign with a team that could get him more than 15 minutes a game. Yeah let's go spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand what's the fascination with trading Parker and Manu... I don't see many fans of NO trying to trade West or Paul, nor Portland fans wanting Oden or Roy out. Do we not realize what we have? You just don't break a proven championship core even if the trade sounds somewhat appealing, let alone all those flying around that are not even equal in value.
    If the Spurs are to be able to trade for valuable players, we have to give up players of value.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it hadn't been for his contract, I'd just as soon the Spurs never let him go.
    Yep. If Rasho was making Bonner money I wouldn't have minded keeping him.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs fans don't deserve tony parker....
    "You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away men's initiative and independence." ~~ William John Henry Boetcker

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government — lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” – Patrick Henry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks a lot for the new general manager.
    Tony for Westbrook and Greene? Tony for Bayless and Outlaw?. What's your fucking problem with Tony? Do you understand what I mean? See the stats and then talk.
    We don't trade Tony. No fucking way!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol at the poster wanting to trade TP for a bunch of scrubs. TP might probably be the franchise player for the Spurs a couple of years from now.

Thread Information