My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say lets we trade TP & Oberto for David Lee & Chris Duhan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trade Tony Parker for 2 players that will never be equal to him in any way..combined...?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Collison were with the Spurs, he would be starting ahead of Bonner...easily. He brings the defense and rebounding Oberto couldn't while also having a better offensive game.
    Bonner is a good addition to last year' Spurs.
    As for Oberto, you just can't compare him with a guy that could only dream to start in an NBA Final or Olimpyc final.
    And never will.
    You just can't compare winners with guys on scrub, nonsense teams.

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just can't compare winners with guys on scrub, nonsense teams.
    I'm not saying Collison is more accomplished career wise than Oberto. My point is he would definitely help this team now by taking over the role Oberto was supposed to be filling this year...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm quite mixed about Collison. He a good and solid player but I have some concern about him. His lack of quickness and athleticism is quite worrisome and his offensive game won't work well with Duncan.

If his contract was one year shorter, I would be all for Spurs going after him. I'm not sure that Collison is worth hurting the 2010 capspace.

If Spurs had a Collison for Oberto+Vaughn+Udoka trade on the table, I'm not sure I would take it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, they really knew what they were doing last year when they did not have enough off the bench to make up for Manu being nicked up in the playoffs.

And who exactly should we have had just sitting on the bench waiting to fully replace the contribution Manu brings to the table?

Stupid thing to say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know who I'd amke a call to if I were Pop - Alonzo Mourning. There are continuing rumours that he wants to play again, and he's perfect for us. He defends, rebounds, blocks shots, he wouldn't care if he sits a few games themn comes in when we need him against big teams like the Lakers, and most of all he is a BIG GAME PLAYER. Anyone who saw his last game in the Finals knows what I'm talking about.

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know who I'd amke a call to if I were Pop - Alonzo Mourning. There are continuing rumours that he wants to play again, and he's perfect for us. He defends, rebounds, blocks shots, he wouldn't care if he sits a few games themn comes in when we need him against big teams like the Lakers, and most of all he is a BIG GAME PLAYER. Anyone who saw his last game in the Finals knows what I'm talking about.
    I think I remember him saying if he came back he'd only play for the Heat. I might be wrong but that's what I remember.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I remember him saying if he came back he'd only play for the Heat. I might be wrong but that's what I remember.
    Yeah, he did say that, but a call from Pop or Tim might prick his vanity.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (1) Finley's playing 28mins not 35, still too much, but you can bet Hill's minutes will increase next year - it is a natural progression we've seen with most players new to the Spurs' system. Next year Finley will be the 5th swing or retired, count on it. Hill hasn't been a great addition to the team? Which team are you watching?
    I know he isn't playing 35 min per game, I was exagerating. But he does have games of 35/38 minutes which is unbelievable to me.
    And I didn't say Hill wasn't a great adittion, what I tried to say is that this year (hoping that everybody stays healthy) he won't play more than 15/18 minutes per game and in that amount of time he won't be a factor to this team's championship hopes, while a quality big man will.

As for Gortat, he's a solid player, but he's no Bynum-stopper, and if you are talking Lakers, that's what you're describing. And you still haven't convinced me why Orlando would give up their first big off the bench who they like and is earning 700k.
    Nobody that we get at this point of the season will be a Bynum stopper but Gortat is pretty much the best we can hope for.
    I think that Orlando will go for that trade 'cause they need a decent backup for Nelson and the have Battie and Foyle to play behind Howard.

(2) I don't have the answer, except to say that I think Pop is playing CIA games with Mahinmi and that he will just appear fit and healthy one day soon and start playing. If not him, a salary dump trade at the deadline for someone.
    To me this trade will make us better for this year, but I guess this has already been established

(3) Just about every year things look bleak some time between Christmas and the start of March. And for each of the last 6 years the Spurs have gone deep in the playoffs despite the apparent mid-season gloom. trust in the FO and the team is all I can say - they have proven that they know what they're doing.
    I know the Spurs will go deep in the playoffs, probably lose in the WCF to the Lakers but to this team the only thing that matters is to win it all, and with the current roster I don't see that happening.

D.I.R.T.Y. till we die manufor3's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Collison would be a good addition. Defends well, rebounds well and plays smart.

But I don't see how the Spurs would get him. The only way is if Presti still has a man-crush on his pet project Ian Mahinmi. Mahinmi + second rounders + matching salary? Doubtful but that's the only way I see anything happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he did say that, but a call from Pop or Tim might prick his vanity.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    Mourning would sign with us, and immediately fake an injury and demand a trade to Miami.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've suggested 'Zo a few times here, and it seems like everybody hates him on this forum..he'll be back in Miami though..

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players the Spurs have a real shot at that could help

C Villenueva---I dont think thats how its spelled but the Bucks are looking to unload this guy to save tax money according to ESPN. Hes long athletic and can shoot it. Would give us more size inside without losing the ability to play the high low game.

C Frye----Portland has little use for this guy, and with Freeland signing next year he will be a DNPCD every game, perhaps we could get him for a couple vets

F Elson---dont shoot me but he moves well and would be a great defender on Gasol and Lamar when playoff time comes around.

R Turiauf----Guy is a big time rebounder and defender. He runs the floor and is avgn over 2 blocks a game in just 17 mins. He can also hit the 12 ft jumper but his D would really improve our chances.

None of the above would help the Spurs.

Especially Elson.

They traded Elson after being faced with the possibility of the Lakers twin towers, what makes you think they would all of a sudden want him back?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree with Eric..

Bonner is better than Frye(and is a better defender/rebounder)..Elson sucks..

Villanueva has talent, but he doesn't really do anything that you guys are looking for in a big man..

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only bigman thats gonna help this team is along the shotblocking decent enough offense big, an that guy just does not exist...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like OKC would want our . I am not a Parker hater. I just see trades as I see it. Presti hangs up on the phone if 2nd rounders are involved.

I still prefer doing nothing. I was just pointing out the most obvious trades.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree with Eric..

Bonner is better than Frye(and is a better defender/rebounder)..Elson sucks..

Villanueva has talent, but he doesn't really do anything that you guys are looking for in a big man..
    And Turiaf is a liability on the offensive end and an overrated defender.
    He is a great shotblocker and brings energy but nothing more.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Turiaf is a liability on the offensive end and an overrated defender.
    He is a great shotblocker and brings energy but nothing more.
    that's right.
    and people need to consider, that his great shotblocking numbers also come from often giving up a better rebounding position, which causes a quite low rebounding production. (he's a bit of the opposite to Reggie Evans, who never goes for the block to not lose the better rebounding position. also not the perfect defense. the real good defender manage to do both. see Camby and Tim)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know he has some miles ,how about Mikki Moore ?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know he has some miles ,how about Mikki Moore ?
    Not as many miles as Demi...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not saying Collison is more accomplished career wise than Oberto. My point is he would definitely help this team now by taking over the role Oberto was supposed to be filling this year...
    Help in what? Get 58 rather than 55 Wins? Get a better seed in the PO? Spurs are not getting the top spot anyway.

Come playoffs time, you need an intelligent, experienced folk teammates trust that will give you 10 quality minutes at that spot.

You need players that have competed for something else than his job and salary in their career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not as many miles as Demi...
    Do you know that for both?

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Help in what? Get 58 rather than 55 Wins? Get a better seed in the PO? Spurs are not getting the top spot anyway.

Come playoffs time, you need an intelligent, experienced folk teammates trust that will give you 10 quality minutes at that spot.

You need players that have competed for something else than his job and salary in their career.
    tell me, whats your problem with Collison. if you think he's not talented enough to help the Spurs, ok. some simple arguments to back up this are enough.
    but why do you think you need to back up your opinion by run him down as a person?
    Collison has always been one of the good guys in the league (same in Kansas), highly respected by his teammates, totally commited to the team, humble and intelligent on and off the court.
    he would be as much a prototypical Spurs character as any player in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players the Spurs have a real shot at that could help

C Villenueva---I dont think thats how its spelled but the Bucks are looking to unload this guy to save tax money according to ESPN. Hes long athletic and can shoot it. Would give us more size inside without losing the ability to play the high low game.

C Frye----Portland has little use for this guy, and with Freeland signing next year he will be a DNPCD every game, perhaps we could get him for a couple vets

F Elson---dont shoot me but he moves well and would be a great defender on Gasol and Lamar when playoff time comes around.

R Turiauf----Guy is a big time rebounder and defender. He runs the floor and is avgn over 2 blocks a game in just 17 mins. He can also hit the 12 ft jumper but his D would really improve our chances.
    I would love to have Frye. I watched him develop all 4 years in Arizona under Lute Olson and he grew into a of a player. He has tremendous potential and is a hard worker. He just needs to find a team and a coach that will invest in him.

Thread Information