Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it reasonable to expect the Spurs to acquire another sleeper-turned-stalwart like Roger Mason -- Oklahoma City's Nick Collison is a Mason-like trade target highlighted by ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher in the latest issue -- before the Feb. 19 trading deadline?

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...dime-090117-18

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice he just cant block but hes a big improvment over fab who will most likely be traded along with udoka and vaughn

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't have to get blocks, all he has to do is be in position and put his hands up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ghost won't like him. He white.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Collison! He's a pretty smart player and has a good at ude. He would fit right in here.

I'm sad though. I love Udoka... what the happened to him. =\

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to have Collison, but I don't see much the Spurs could offer for him other than a 2010 first-rounder and matching salary. Certainly they'd never give up Hill for him, and spare parts like Udoka, Oberto, or Finley can't look all that appealing to OKC, unless they just want out of the remaining $19 million of his salary. In that case Oberto+Finley would work. Or maybe they'd be interested in Mahinmi or Splitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you guys listen to the audio? Stein doesn't mention anything about Nick Collison. He just says that it's no secret that the Spurs are looking for one more player before the deadline.

The Collison part looks like just a teaser that ESPN.com added in because Bucher had mentioned it in the mag.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to have Collison, but I don't see much the Spurs could offer for him other than a 2010 first-rounder and matching salary. Certainly they'd never give up Hill for him, and spare parts like Udoka, Oberto, or Finley can't look all that appealing to OKC, unless they just want out of the remaining $19 million of his salary, in which case Oberto+Finley would work.
    Exactly. The idea of Nick coming to the Spurs was just somethign Ric Bucher was dreaming up as there isn't even a scenario that OKC would look at.

If only we could get MEM-LAL type trade to go our way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to have Collison, but I don't see much the Spurs could offer for him other than a 2010 first-rounder and matching salary. Certainly they'd never give up Hill for him, and spare parts like Udoka, Oberto, or Finley can't look all that appealing to OKC, unless they just want out of the remaining $19 million of his salary. In that case Oberto+Finley would work. Or maybe they'd be interested in Mahinmi or Splitter.
    Nick Collison's contract expires in 3 years. Udoka's and Vaughn's expire this year and Oberto's the next one. Maybe they want cap space for 2010. But I don't know what free agent would want to go to that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. The idea of Nick coming to the Spurs was just somethign Ric Bucher was dreaming up as there isn't even a scenario that OKC would look at.

If only we could get MEM-LAL type trade to go our way
    Nick Collison's contract expires in 3 years. Udoka's and Vaughn's expire this year and Oberto's the next one. Maybe they want cap space for 2010. But I don't know what free agent would want to go to that team.
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...5~24&te=&cash=

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can't offer a 2010 first, because they owe OKC the 2009 if the Spurs make the playoffs, and are prohibited from trading away firsts in consecutive years.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow that would be fantastic.....

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man i would seriously love that trade. hes like a poor mans david lee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Collison would be a good addition. Defends well, rebounds well and plays smart.

But I don't see how the Spurs would get him. The only way is if Presti still has a man-crush on his pet project Ian Mahinmi. Mahinmi + second rounders + matching salary? Doubtful but that's the only way I see anything happening.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love it if it is ture.At least we change now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn i would love that to happen, but it seems impossible right now. I would give away Udoka, Vaughn, Finley, and Oberto for Collison, but that trade wont be appealing at all to OKC. Maybe Presti will give us a break. lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti, it's payback time!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as someone who drafted collison on my fantasy team, i got to say he's a big disappointment this year. i expected him to score in the double digits and maybe even grab rebounds in the double digits. his percentages are good but he's just kind of stuck in mediocre land. i thought without kurt thomas and an injured wilcox, collison would finally shine. right now he's just kind of like oberto but with a jump shot. thunder will definitely want a young prospect in any trade. mahinmi + matching contracts most likely. i don't think it's worth it because mahinmi has a potential far greater than collison. i think collison has already peaked. if this can be done with just oberto + vaughn + udoka then do it by all means.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collison was quite struggling at the start of the season. he was maybe available at that moment. He is now playing well so I doubt Spurs can have him on the cheap.
    And I'm not even sure Spurs are interested in him because his contract goes beyond 2010.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can I have Kristic?

Can't Start Threads
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He cant be any worse the Fab. He cant be any worse the Matt. We need someone who doesnt want to sit out there and wait for his shot. We need someone who isnt afraid to knock someone down when they're flying to the hoop. Any big but Horry. Matt is filling Horrys shoes easily. I like the guy, but if we're not playing Chicago in the POs. Matt will be on the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collison is a good addition for 6 mill a year even beyond 2010 because we are not sure Thiago will ever suit up for us... Presti may ask for his rights in such trade...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to see him here, too. As Timvp stated - smart, rebounds and plays D, something that this team could use more of coming off the bench. Giving up Ian plus either 2nd rounders and/or existing players might intice them but this will be a hard one to pull off. I'm kinda in between concerning Ian - he seems to have far greater upside than Nick but is always injured. He also is hot and cold in the D league, telling me he isn't there right now for any type of consistent play in the NBA. Timmy's window is closing so maybe grabbing an experienced player and giving up Ian would be an option.
    Last edited by NFGIII; 01-18-2009 at 12:16 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Spurs need a Collison-type player. He's not long enough. I really think the Spurs need a longer and more athletic player. I'm even willing to lose some offense to get that type of player. A couple years ago I would have loved for Dallas to give up Diop but teams have over-payed for him the Spurs kept wisely out of that bidding war. Spurs struggle against teams that can throw two athletic bigs at them.

1. Tyson Chandler hurts the Spurs alot. When CP3 gets into the lane he really has 3 options. 1. Shoot, 2. Kick out to Peja. 3. Throw up to Tyson. Certain teams can eliminate that third option. But with the spurs struggling to Guard David West, Duncan zones those situations and Chandler gets the dunk.

2. Gasol and Bynum: Duncan guards Gasol and Bynum gets the follow up.

I never thought I would say this, but the Spurs are small! Duncan can only do some much in the lane and Bonner, Thomas, and Oberto are not able to reach the verticle plane that many bigs in the NBA can reach.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard someone else say this a week or 2 ago
    I think it was Tim Legler

Thread Information