Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me crazy, but if we are really desperate,

Spurs give out Fabricio Oberto and Tony Parker.
    OKC sends out Jeff Green, Russell Westbrook and Nick Collison.

Parker fans may not like this, but this makes lots of sense. We could also include Splitter's right if needed.
    Wow, trading an all star and our starting C for promising guys that could not blossom. High risk, low reward in this case.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me crazy, but if we are really desperate,

Spurs give out Fabricio Oberto and Tony Parker.
    OKC sends out Jeff Green, Russell Westbrook and Nick Collison.

Parker fans may not like this, but this makes lots of sense. We could also include Splitter's right if needed.
    I don't need to be a Parker fan to ask why this makes a lot of sense. it will take 3 or 4 more years till Westbrook can play at the level of Tony, if he ever will. then Tim will be history.
    why dump the last 2 or 3 shots for another championship?
    Westbrook and Greene will be nice players, but none will be a franchise type player. Spurs would close the window right now and become a Grizzlies type franchise after 2012. that's a lose lose situation. can't see any sense in that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree, this would be a bad trade. We have to be good now, while Duncan is still one of the best player in the league, not in 4 years.
    If we had to trade one piece of the big 3 (I hope it will not happen) I think we could find much better than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder have been winning games because of Green and Westbrook. I did mention that if we were really desperate.

However, I still prefer the Parker and Mahinmi for Oden, Bayless and Outlaw.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't deny they have talent. But do you really think they could help us during playoff series?
    What do you call "really desperate"? Because we have a good record, we won against the Lakers, gave a fight to the Magics...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't deny they have talent. But do you really think they could help us during playoff series?
    What do you call "really desperate"? Because we have a good record, we won against the Lakers, gave a fight to the Magics...
    Extremely ty defense. If they still cannot turn it up like everyone say they will, the Spurs cannot win in the playoffs and might just want to rebuild along the way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder have been winning games because of Green and Westbrook. I did mention that if we were really desperate.

if we were that desperate, it also might make some sense to trade Parker for another all star player, who is also just entering his prime and who could also help immediately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should just go ahead and trade Parker for Gortat . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand what's the fascination with trading Parker and Manu... I don't see many fans of NO trying to trade West or Paul, nor Portland fans wanting Oden or Roy out. Do we not realize what we have? You just don't break a proven championship core even if the trade sounds somewhat appealing, let alone all those flying around that are not even equal in value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should just go ahead and trade Parker for Gortat . . .
    No let's better just stay with what we have pretend like we aren't going to get our asses handed to us in the playoffs and wait 'till Hill becomes a free agent and decides to sign with a team that could get him more than 15 minutes a game. Yeah let's go spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand what's the fascination with trading Parker and Manu... I don't see many fans of NO trying to trade West or Paul, nor Portland fans wanting Oden or Roy out. Do we not realize what we have? You just don't break a proven championship core even if the trade sounds somewhat appealing, let alone all those flying around that are not even equal in value.
    If the Spurs are to be able to trade for valuable players, we have to give up players of value.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it hadn't been for his contract, I'd just as soon the Spurs never let him go.
    Yep. If Rasho was making Bonner money I wouldn't have minded keeping him.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs fans don't deserve tony parker....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks a lot for the new general manager.
    Tony for Westbrook and Greene? Tony for Bayless and Outlaw?. What's your ing problem with Tony? Do you understand what I mean? See the stats and then talk.
    We don't trade Tony. No ing way!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol at the poster wanting to trade TP for a bunch of scrubs. TP might probably be the franchise player for the Spurs a couple of years from now.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm skeptical about Wilcox. Guy is not basketball-smart, he's lazy, and he's no shot-blocker. He used to be athletic, but if you've seen him this season he looks slow and overweight.

I'd rather Collison who, whilst unspectacular, is a solid lunchpail-type worker. He goes to the boards, plays tough post D, and has a solid midrange jumper, but he's also not really a shot blocker... he's basically a younger, quicker version of KT.

Come to think of it, neither of these guys truly fills our need, although either could potentially blossom or crash in the Spurs' system. End of the day, we're talking about help this year, so I take the smarter guy (more apt to learn our system quickly), and that is Collison.
    Why do you say Wilcox is lazy and not smart?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. I know they have liked Collison - many think he'd work really well next to Duncan. But Wilcox is like the anti-Pop player... lazy on D, athletic , and rumored not to be the best practice player. As I said in the other thread about him, even with all his defensive laziness, he's still worth a look because he can run the floor, rebound and score.
    Wilcox is a big finisher and the spurs need a big with some athleticism.
    The lazy tag may not be justified. Put him on the spurs and I'm sure he would work harder on the defensive end because he knows thats a big requirement to Pop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs fans don't deserve tony parker....

+1

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take Rasho back right now, the spurs interior defense is obsolete.

No, I don't want the Spurs revisting past failures.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My only interest in regards to another big is a shot blocker. Thomas's game has come around and he and Bonner can provide everything we need of the post position except shot blocking. When teams are attacking the basket we need another big who can send the ball the other way or at least alter the shot. The ability to score is not an issue as we have plenty of scoring options. Collison does not fit the need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My only interest in regards to another big is a shot blocker. Thomas's game has come around and he and Bonner can provide everything we need of the post position except shot blocking. When teams are attacking the basket we need another big who can send the ball the other way or at least alter the shot. The ability to score is not an issue as we have plenty of scoring options. Collison does not fit the need.
    My only interest in regards to another big is a better player. no matter in what department this guy is an upgrade, I take him. to claim KT and Bonner provide everything except shot blocking is pure nonsense.
    (sure, it would be very nice to get Camby, but whenever the Clippers put him on the market, they will get 5 better offers than whatever we can give them.)

if they get Collison, they upgrade interior defense, low block scoring and rebounding, especially offensive rebounding. it wouldn't be a huge step, but it would be a significant upgrade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My only interest in regards to another big is a better player. no matter in what department this guy is an upgrade, I take him. to claim KT and Bonner provide everything except shot blocking is pure nonsense.
    (sure, it would be very nice to get Camby, but whenever the Clippers put him on the market, they will get 5 better offers than whatever we can give them.)

if they get Collison, they upgrade interior defense, low block scoring and rebounding, especially offensive rebounding. it wouldn't be a huge step, but it would be a significant upgrade.
    No where did I mention Camby. In Thomas you will get what Collison can give now that Thomas is healthy. I just want another person capable of blocking a shot other than Tim. Collison does not fit what we are lacking. Camby is not the only big that knows how to block a shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nick collison would be a huge step up from the other 6'10 players on the team but still. come on! I rather hold out like others had mentioned for a 7 footer that can block shots and just get in the way. Regardless of his offensive game. How many 6'10 white guys do we need. COME ON! this better be just a rumor

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm skeptical about Wilcox. Guy is not basketball-smart, he's lazy, and he's no shot-blocker. He used to be athletic, but if you've seen him this season he looks slow and overweight.

I'd rather Collison who, whilst unspectacular, is a solid lunchpail-type worker. He goes to the boards, plays tough post D, and has a solid midrange jumper, but he's also not really a shot blocker... he's basically a younger, quicker version of KT.

Come to think of it, neither of these guys truly fills our need, although either could potentially blossom or crash in the Spurs' system. End of the day, we're talking about help this year, so I take the smarter guy (more apt to learn our system quickly), and that is Collison.
    Good post. With Tim's prime drawing to an end, the Spurs can't afford to screw around with projects if they can get someone to contribute now instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea lets trade Parker who helped us win 3 championships and was finals mvp in 07. Some spurs fans=Crack monkeys

Thread Information