Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I actually don't think Tony came off as y much at all in the article. Hard to read the tone of a person through type, but I imagined that he was just (as some have suggested) speaking candidly and bluntly. I certainly don't agree with all of his assessments on other point guards, but I don't think he was being y about it. Tony is probably an underrated defender, but claiming he's a top 5 defensive point guard is hard to agree with. And, Chris Paul has great instincts defensively but also gambles a lot. No way would I say CP3 is the best point guard defender in the league.

At any rate, overall, a nice read.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul must be really ing nice off the court because whenever he plays the Spurs, he is a total ass on the court. I wonder what Tony thinks when he acts that way on the court against them.
    +1

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very French. That's why they are so easy to hate. But when you are good, why not flaunt it?

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul must be really ing nice off the court because whenever he plays the Spurs, he is a total ass on the court. I wonder what Tony thinks when he acts that way on the court against them.
    The is just doing his job. BFD.

January Championship Banner? td4mvp21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The is just doing his job. BFD.
    If one of my friends acted like that against me on the court, I would get pretty pissed. Maybe I just value respect, stupid me!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great great GREAT read

Man i love the spurs. Honest answers and all quite realistic. Not y at all imo, just really honest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very French. That's why they are so easy to hate.
    FU

i guess Deshawn Stevenson (with his LBJ bashing), Stephon Marbury, Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett are not y so. TP, at least, is always humble in post game interviews and on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very French. That's why they are so easy to hate. But when you are good, why not flaunt it?
    Haha funny cause as other french posters said, we (french spurstalkers) think that his iness comes from his american roots. It's actually not french at all !

Anyway, i first dislike this aspect of his personnality but as timvp said, that's (partly) why he has become so good. He never doubt and has a huge selfconfidence

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha funny cause as other french posters said, we (french spurstalkers) think that his iness comes from his american roots. It's actually not french at all !
    I don't really agree bro. I mean it's more an education thing. We (french) can really be arrogant at times. Let's face it
    Great ITW nonetheless, I like reading an article with something in it. Reading formated/formal/pseudo humble answers all the time brings nothing to the table and make me sick. Being humble is a good thing but you gotta express your opinion at times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great read

Thanks for posting and I agree with TP top 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really agree bro. I mean it's more an education thing. We (french) can really be arrogant at times. Let's face it
    Great ITW nonetheless, I like reading an article with something in it. Reading formated/formal/pseudo humble answers all the time brings nothing to the table and make me sick. Being humble is a good thing but you gotta express your opinion at times.

Be a man Tony and express yourself with the American media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be a man Tony and express yourself with the American media.

Find me an american ITW with such questions.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I'm guessing it's so candid and honest since it's Olivier writing it, and he and Tony are close. I don't know if many of the NBA players will even know about it, unless they are coming to SpursTalk to read it
    I'm positively sure Rondo already knows about this. I partially agree with Parker though - Rondo's offense is over-rated. But Parker under-rates Rondo's defense and by a lot. Rondo is easily a top3 defensive pg in the league.

OTOH, it was nice from Parker to reckon the greatness of Garnett and Pierce. I mean imagine how good could Tony Parker be if he was playing alongside a PF and a wing like them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OTOH, it was nice from Parker to reckon the greatness of Garnett and Pierce. I mean imagine how good could Tony Parker be if he was playing alongside a PF and a wing like them?
    ?
    Don't we have two HoF alongside Tony?

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    ?
    Don't we have two HoF alongside Tony?
    Yeah, but apparently they're not good enough to make Parker over-rated, unlike Pierce and Garnett.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm positively sure Rondo already knows about this. I partially agree with Parker though - Rondo's offense is over-rated. But Parker under-rates Rondo's defense and by a lot. Rondo is easily a top3 defensive pg in the league.
    Agreed, he might be the best defensive PG in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but apparently they're not good enough to make Parker over-rated, unlike Pierce and Garnett.
    Pierce and Garnett will make Tony look good by comparisson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pierce and Garnett will make Tony look good by comparisson.
    Howcome????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can make stupid coments like that, I can too.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I can't wait for this guy to lose Duncan. Parker was the most overrated PG in the league when the Spews won a ring, now that Rondo has one, Parker says he is overrated. "Rondo has Garnett and Pierce" You have freaken DUNCAN! Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Miller guards him tough because he is a all-star". Good GOD man. Speedy Claxton would have been a all star if he was the starter of the Spews. Didn't the Spews have a better record when all-star was out this year? Switch Parker with Miller and he has 3 rings.

He puts himself at number two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait for this guy to lose Duncan. Parker was the most overrated PG in the league when the Spews won a ring, now that Rondo has one, Parker says he is overrated. "Rondo has Garnett and Pierce" You have freaken DUNCAN! Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Miller guards him tough because he is a all-star". Good GOD man. Speedy Claxton would have been a all star if he was the starter of the Spews. Didn't the Spews have a better record when all-star was out this year? Switch Parker with Miller and he has 3 rings.

He puts himself at number two.
    Parker was a much better scorer than Rondo even in 2003, his first ring - and he now has three and a Finals MVP, which Rondo will NEVER get.

try again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think TP meant that with this type of players, its easy to get a lot of assists...
    Tim and Manu are more used to create their own shots, that takes many assists off TP's stats.
    That stat (assists) is the ONLY thing that seperates Parker from being recognized as the same level than CP3 or Deron or Nash in all the talking.
    The main reasons he doesn't get a 10+assists average is
    1-The spurs system (not really catch and shoot...)
    2-The specific talent of the 2 HoF he plays with (that I mentioned before)
    3-He LOVES to score

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can make stupid coments like that, I can too.
    Honestly I think Rondo would be better playing with Mr. Duncan and this guy Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I think Rondo would be better playing with Mr. Duncan and this guy Manu.
    Better than what he's now or better than Tony?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than what he's now or better than Tony?
    Better than what he’s now… he will never be better than Tony.

Thread Information