Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I think Rondo would be better playing with Mr. Duncan and this guy Manu.
    put Rondo in any team with any player, he would never have the ability to score and attack the rim that tony has. and that's specifically what the spurs need.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speedy Claxton would have been a all star if he was the starter of the Spews.

Don't you think he had the oportunity to prove himself in training or on the floar during the time he was a spur??
    You think Pop is stupid enough to put his best PG on the bench 90% of playing time??
    Come on...

Didn't the Spews have a better record when all-star was out this year?

The spurs are actualy better with than without him !

Switch Parker with Miller and he has 3 rings.

No thks, look at Miller overall stats these last 6 years, no way he can compete!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I think Rondo would be better playing with Mr. Duncan and this guy Manu.
    I don't think so, Rondo benefits from the fact that the Celtics play with a lot of energy, so he has to do mutch more things than he would with a spurs system (no haley hoops...).
    TP is the ideal player for pop because he can also (as Tim and Manu) creates his own shot (+ with a high %), Rondo can't score that much and THAT easily!!!

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Speedy Claxton would have been a all star if he was the starter of the Spews.

Don't you think he had the oportunity to prove himself in training or on the floar during the time he was a spur??
    You think Pop is stupid enough to put his best PG on the bench 90% of playing time??
    Come on...

Didn't the Spews have a better record when all-star was out this year?

The spurs are actualy better with than without him !

Switch Parker with Miller and he has 3 rings.

No thks, look at Miller overall stats these last 6 years, no way he can compete!!!

Speedy played 30 games with the Spews, then he went to get his money with Golden State. My point is and will always be you can replace Parker very easily, again just wait until Duncan is gone.

Pop is not stupid. He has Duncan. In fact his very smart. He canned the coach at the time so the Spews could tank the season to get Duncan. Gamble paid off and they got Duncan. He says himself he will retire when Duncan retires. Wise move.

Miller is a very good PG and no doubt in my mind he could have run the show much better than Parker. Find me a world where I can look at Miller stats the past 6 years where he has Duncan on his team and I will do that.

I would take more than half the PGs in this league over Parker. I would even take some of the back ups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take more than half the PGs in this league over Parker. I would even take some of the back ups.
    Haha wow. Give me some of whatever you got, it must be good.

I suppose you'd take Anthony Johnson over Parker? How about Earl Watson?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tp Saying Chris is the best, is the same As Chris saying TP is the best.

When Chris Paul visited James Madison High School in San Antonio (my brothers go there). My brother approached him and asked him who was the better point guard, himself or Deron Williams, Chris Replied "Tony Parker".

So Chris is a humble guy off the court.

Tony is a confident guy to make those statements.

Let's see, he's French
    He has 3 Rings
    He has Eva Longoria as his wife.

How can he not be confident.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Eva might be a little jealous of Tony's "relationship" with Chris Paul.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Chris Paul and a healthy Deron are the only two guys better than Parker.

1. Paul
    2. Deron
    3. Parker
    4. Billups

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading formated/formal/pseudo humble answers all the time brings nothing to the table and make me sick. Being humble is a good thing but you gotta express your opinion at times.
    Exactly.

Marcus Eliot Williams Austin_Toros's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most overrated PG
    "It used to be Jason Williams. People used to love him because he was making fancy assists and they were forgetting the passes in the stands. Nowadays it's more difficult. Maybe Rajon Rondo. He is a bit overrated.Playing with Pierce and Garnett helps a lot and people tend to forget that."

The best defender
    "I would say Chris Paul. He defends well, has good hands, he anticipates well. Chris Paul and Jason Kidd. They both have a high sense of anticipation. They always have a hand in there that can steal the ball. Then Chauncey Billups who is really strong. But I consider myself a top 5."

The best passer
    "Chris Paul and Deron Williams. No. Chris Paul and Steve Nash. You have to have the right players next to you. Chris Paul has them. Tyson Chandler for high passes and David West who is a pure PF and a of a shooter. But Paul has the vision on court."

TP's Top 5
    1 Chris Paul
    2 Tony Parker
    3 Deron Williams
    4 Steve Nash
    5 Chauncey Billups
    William's passes into the stands
    TP a top 5 defender?
    Harris doesn't crack the top 5 PGs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Tony to me. You have to be arrogant if you are a point guard in the NBA. He is totally right about Rondo. He is humble enough to admit his biggest weakness as a post-up defender. I think he is definitely top 5, especially since Nash and Kidd are taking a step backwards. What's the problem? Speedy Claxton? Are you serious?
    Tony Parker is the best paint scoring point guard in the NBA, hands down. He might be the quickest. He is definitely the quickest off a full stop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good read..

I'd have TP as the 4th best PG in the NBA, behind Paul, Williams, and probably Billups..I might put him ahead of Chauncey, but I'd say CB's defense puts him ahead..

there's absolutely no way Tony is a top 5 defender at the PG position though, not even close..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have fun with Tony being Tony.

Warder to the Maiden Fair Yorae's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tp's so confident eh. I wonder who are the top 5 pg in the nba in terms of swagger. And of course top 5 clutch pg.

Warder to the Maiden Fair Yorae's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn that added comments on ptr are crazy! LMAOF!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A thread about Parker on ST without the stupid Parker haters wouldn't be a thread about Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tp Saying Chris is the best, is the same As Chris saying TP is the best.

When Chris Paul visited James Madison High School in San Antonio (my brothers go there). My brother approached him and asked him who was the better point guard, himself or Deron Williams, Chris Replied "Tony Parker".

So Chris is a humble guy off the court.

Tony is a confident guy to make those statements.

Let's see, he's French
    He has 3 Rings
    He has Eva Longoria as his wife.

How can he not be confident.

Exactly! The haters are just jealous of him. That and they probably get all pissed when they catch thier girlfriends staring at Tony Parker all throughout the game and talking about how lucky EVA is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a very spurs type interview but gives us fans inside look at NBAers thoughts.

Started out funny but quickly got boring and u forgot to italicise one section. Did you ask permissing to use the translation word by word?????????

Wave 'em... JUST WAVE 'EM Hype Man Manu's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing it's so candid and honest since it's Olivier writing it, and he and Tony are close. I don't know if many of the NBA players will even know about it, unless they are coming to SpursTalk to read it
    I know about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "But watch DJ Augustin, he's starting to gain confidence."
    The Bobcats will be a powerhouse for the next 10 years because of the excellence that is DJ Augustin.

Starting next year.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    All I have to say. Tony is barely top 10 PG on my list. Manu is hands down the 2nd best player on the Spurs and is a top SG. Does he actually think he is a top 5 defender?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I have to say. Tony is barely top 10 PG on my list. Manu is hands down the 2nd best player on the Spurs and is a top SG. Does he actually think he is a top 5 defender?
    You must not watch much Spurs game and I guess you blacked out in the 07 finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A thread about Parker on ST without the stupid Parker haters wouldn't be a thread about Parker.
    sad huh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah... what about his homers??

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah... what about his homers??
    They're always overlooked. It's much easier to say someone is a "hater" than someone is a "homer" or "nuthugger" or that he is "gay for Parker".

Thread Information