Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what TP thinks about Ricky Rubio.

kick rocks
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's almost unprecedented to call someone overrated while playing the same sport so I'm definitely a bit shocked by that. Then again Tony publicly stated that he loved the trade Dallas made, couldn't have been a bigger insult to Jason Kidd.

I have to give the guy respect for having the balls to say what he wants without being PC about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crap, he’s top ten in humbleness too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all i can say is, TP has a winning record against most of these clowns anyway

his h2h stats against these tools is very compe ive also,

top3 it can be changeable tp/cp3/deron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Olivier Pheulpin
    Didn't he use to work for 5 Majeur?

Pheulpin is great.

And 5 Majeur is waayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Mondial Basket.

So you were close to work in Issy-les-Moulineaux then. What happened ?
    I was living in France back then, but not in Paris.

Basically, they had to chose between me and another guy (for the NBA section); the only advantage the other dude had on me was that he was living in Paris, not me.

I needed relocation reimbursement, as I was short on money back then, but they didn't want to pay.
    I wrote a pre-season preview, they liked it so much they asked me if they could use it; I said no, but they offered me some $$$$ for it.

SO I said yes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs vs. Celtics, 2009 NBA Finals. If Duncan-Garnett and Bowen-Allen wasn't enough, now we have Parker-Rondo. Nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs vs. Celtics, 2009 NBA Finals. If Duncan-Garnett and Bowen-Allen wasn't enough, now we have Parker-Rondo. Nice.
    Celtics are not returning to the Finals.

They had a nice run last season, but it's over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good find.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP would never have said these things in USA. for sure. he's often like that in France, a little bit y, but always in a nice way. I don't really like this aspect of his character but i think he does that in France to be praised in a country where basketball isn't as famous as soccer. so he really wants to make sure people in France know he's a star in NBA. not really the spurs kind of interview that tony does in US.

About his " yness", even if it's not the best part of his character, i admire the way it helped him to progress in his career, to go from an unknown rookie to a starter for a contender, then a good player who used to disappear in PO, then a clutch superstar and a finals MVP. it's his confidence (and work)which allowed that.

anyway, i've got to agree for most of his comments: but CP3 isn't the best defender and TP isn't a TOP5 PG defender. he's a good defendor when focused on the PO, but he'll never be a defensive force. too weak when posted up even if he can be one of the best at staying in front of his man.

and yes, Rondo is overrated but TP still put him in the top 10. i don't think he intended to bash him.
    Last edited by kace; 01-22-2009 at 10:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Rondo is overrated because he plays with Pierce and Garnett????……………………………………….

Dude forgets he plays with Mr. Duncan and Ginobili.

Isn’t Tony overrating himself then????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP would never have said these things in USA. for sure. he's often like that in France, a little bit y, but always in a nice way. I don't really like this aspect of his character but i think he does that in France to be praised in a country where basketball isn't as famous as soccer. so he really wants to make sure people in France know he's a star in NBA. not really the spurs kind of interview that tony does in US.

About his " yness", even if it's not the best part of his character, i admire the way it helped him to progress in his career, to go from an unknown rookie to a starter for a contender, then a good player who used to disappear in PO, then a clutch superstar and a finals MVP. it's his confidence (and work)which allowed that.

anyway, i've got to agree for most of his comments: but CP3 isn't the best defender and TP isn't a TOP5 PG defender. he's a good defendor when focused on the PO, but he'll never be a defensive force. too weak when posted up even if he can be one of the best at staying in front of his man.

and yes, Rondo is overrated but TP still put him in the top 10. i don't think he intended to bash him.
    Did you watch Les Guignols de l'Info of January 21 ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    La TP family est dans la place

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you watch Les Guignols de l'Info of January 21 ?
    no. some "TP family" ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. some "TP family" ?
    Yep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    La TP family est dans la place
    ok. i've just seen it: "je sens mon flow qu'arrive lΰ ! "
    well, too bad his puppet is actually a better rapper than him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok. i've just seen it: "je sens mon flow qu'arrive lΰ ! "
    well, too bad his puppet is actually a better rapper than him.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont like how he said that about Rondo too much.

Didnt Rondo drop like 20+ points and have 10+ rebounds on San Antonio just last year???

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont like how he said that about Rondo too much.

Didnt Rondo drop like 20+ points and have 10+ rebounds on San Antonio just last year???
    No. But he did have 20 and 6 in one game and 5, 11 (reb), and 12 in the other.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing it's so candid and honest since it's Olivier writing it, and he and Tony are close. I don't know if many of the NBA players will even know about it, unless they are coming to SpursTalk to read it

Actualy, Tony is known (in France) for speaking very "frankly" !
    That's why it didn't suprised me...
    In fact, people in France think that this part of his personality comes from his "american half" . We are not used to hear people speaking so "honestly" to the media...
    That's why it's funny that his "candidness" does suprise YOU (american people).
    Anyway, I personaly think he is very objective and does sum up why is often said about him and his rank in the league (except TP bashers of course!).
    I mean, skills appart, you productivity (stats) depends a lot on what team/system/partners you play in/with...
    Last point : To all ST, if you realy wanna judge TP's level, do not take only his last few games in account! Don't forget what he already did this year (once again better than the last one, like each year since he came in the nba!) they play so many games and are not robots!!
    Overall, he is MONEY for the spurs !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great article, no "cassette" answers here. Is refreshing to hear a player say what he trully bealives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP would have never said those things for the US media. Manu is also a little more honest with his Argie interviewers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP cracked me up. That is very confident of him. In a way I like it and don't like it. I like it because you want a confident player on your team, however, if some of this gets to the other players, it might cause a little something. Oh well though.

I too think Rondo is overrated. He is quick and knows how to play well within his team, but if he were on the Thunder or TWolves, he might not be as good.

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a great piece. Thanks for the translation.

I'd love to see other players answer these questions, but it might be best to see if there's any fallout from this first.

January Championship Banner? td4mvp21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul must be really ing nice off the court because whenever he plays the Spurs, he is a total ass on the court. I wonder what Tony thinks when he acts that way on the court against them.

January Championship Banner? td4mvp21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, TP is awesome

Thread Information