Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spurs, Colts, Cowboys, and Irish SpursFanFirst's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, a couple of people on here need to get a grip.
    I'm not saying that what that man went through wasn't horrible, and I hate that he had to spend the last years of his life in prison.

But a woman was RAPED.
    Sex may be pleasurable in most instances, but having a stranger take her against her will and probably even threaten her life....it's hardly a moment most dreams are made of.

Nice try, Whottt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with Galileo...acting like this didn't have a ton to do with this man's false imprisonment and subsequent death is just plain old stupid.

What, because she was raped it's ok for her to identify the wrong guy and send him to prison for life?

Stupid ing logic...her being raped isn't an excuse for making the wrong ID and sending this poor ba to prison.

She said the wrong guy raped her.....seeing as how the penalty for that crime is a pretty severe one, perhaps she should have made sure she was id'ing the right guy.

I want to ask every single one of you stupid mother ers defending this...

Which would you rather have happen, you get raped, or go to prison for 14 years(and probably get raped while you are there) and die there...

Sign me up for the ing rape. Don't even act like what happened to her was worse than what happened to him...and she is a big pat of the reason that it happened to him.

She got ed an hour of her life or so in which she was involuntarily forced to commit an otherwise natural and pleasurable act...the poor man she wronged spent his entire adult life in prison treated as a criminal, and then he died...because she identified the wrong ing guy. If she hadn't done that...he wouldn't have gone to prison.

Yes I find fault with the justice system, I find fault with the prosecutors...but absolving her of her role in this because she got ed against her will is flat out stupidity and taking total leave of logic and any true sense of justice.

It's unfortunate that she got raped...but it's even more unfortunate that because she got raped she commited a far greater injustice than what was done to her.

Just the fact that she talked about the power she had as the actual rapist was getting convicted tells you where her mind is at...she's an idiot. That doesn't soumd someone overly concerned with her first wrong ID...that sounds like someone completely absorbed with revenge...and rubbing in the fact that she has the upperhand.

This was going to send someone to prison because she got raped, and this poor bas was her victim...simple as that.

All this proves to me is that rape laws and the power women weild with nothing more than a simple accusation are way out of synch with the actual severity of the crime...

All some crazed has to do is say some guy raped her and that poor bas s life is ruined...regardless of whether not he's convicted.

I'm sorry but getting ed isn't by any stretch comparable to prison time...where you are also likely to get ed.
    you are dead on.

Getting raped by the "criminal justice system" is much worse than getting raped.

Another factor in this is what happens to your family. If someone in yor family gets raped, at least you get sympathy and often a lot of money is raised for crime victims.

But when you get raped by the "criminal justice system", you get no sympathy at all, only shame.

If someone in your family gets murdered, you can collect life insurance.

If someone in your family gets murdered by the "criminal justice system", you get nothing.

btw - has anyone looked at the video:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/06/...ion/index.html

Take a quick look at how different Cole and Johnson look.

Only a liar would claim that they are certain that Cole is Johnson.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Kobe is still out of jail though he has definitely commited a rape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She's not necessarily lying. By the time of trial, her mind may have "confirmed" that it was Cole from having repeatedly seen his face (photo lineup, actual lineup, news reports, etc.). It happens all the time and it's not because the witness is lying. They really believe that the person they see in the court room was the perpetrator.
    No, she said on the video that when she picked the guy out of the lineup she said "I think its him".

She is obligated to tell that to the jury.

Also, when you give eyewitness testimony, you are supposed to testify about what you saw, not about your opinions of newspaper articles.

The fact is she was not certain that Cole did it, and she lied when she told that to the jury.

What happens all the time is witnesses who lie about their level of certainty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah well a schitzophrenic really believes he's supposed to go and kill the people the voices in his head are telling him to kill...
    Which is why you can plea not guilty by reason of insanity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, she said on the video that when she picked the guy out of the lineup she said "I think its him".

She is obligated to tell that to the jury.
    She's not obligated to tell the jury anything. The state has the burden of proof, but there's nothing in the law that says she has to testify or what her testimony needs to consist of. Plus, if his defense attorney worked up the case at all, I'm sure he would have asked her about the prior inconsistent statement.

Also, when you give eyewitness testimony, you are supposed to testify about what you saw, not about your opinions of newspaper articles.
    How is asking, "how certain are you that it was __________ who raped you that night?" asking about her opinion of a newspaper article?

The fact is she was not certain that Cole did it, and she lied when she told that to the jury.
    Again, you can disagree with me on this point, but I think that many people testify to a mistaken belief and are absolutely convinced of its certainty. I don't think they are lying, I think it's simple "memory misattribution," as another poster alluded to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, a couple of people on here need to get a grip.
    I'm not saying that what that man went through wasn't horrible, and I hate that he had to spend the last years of his life in prison.

But a woman was RAPED.
    Sex may be pleasurable in most instances, but having a stranger take her against her will and probably even threaten her life....it's hardly a moment most dreams are made of.

Nice try, Whottt.

No, you need to get a grip if you thinking getting ripped is somehow worse or in any way equivalent to an innocent spending all of his adult life in prison and dying there. If it makes you feel any better, he was probably raped too...

Tell you waht...I'll go out and the ugliest girl I can find, and I won't use any protection, which means I will be doing it under the threat of death...

and you? You go commit a crime that will cause you to spend the rest of your life in prison, UNTIL YOU DIE...

And let's compare notes and see who got the better end of that deal.

I've known girls that had rape fantasies, wanted you to tear their clothes off and and the out of them...

I've never met anyone that had a fantasy about spending all of their adult life in prison for a crime they didn't commit, and then dying there...

Have you?

There's absolutely no comprison between what happened to her and what happened to him...she walked away from what was done to her...he didn't.

And you know what? That whole life in prison thing was probably at least as much against his will as her being raped was against hers.

I'm more concerned with what happened to him than what happened to her...frankly I could give two s about the fact that she was raped knowing that she sent an innocent and good man to prison for his entire adult life.....because she's ing ignorant.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is why you can plea not guilty by reason of insanity
    Won't mean he's not a murderer..no matter how crazy he is.

Same principle applies here...this sent an innocent man to prison for all of his adult life until he died. Period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw - has anyone looked at the video:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/06/...ion/index.html

Take a quick look at how different Cole and Johnson look.

Only a liar would claim that they are certain that Cole is Johnson.
    What about a situation where immediately after the rape, the police show her a photo of Cole in a photo lineup. Then she sees him again in a lineup at the jail. Then, after saying, I think it's him (because she recognizes his face, maybe from campus), the police make an arrest. Then, the investigator starts talking to her about the case and confirming that they have the right man. Then she repeatedly sees his photo in the news, in the paper, etc. She sees his photo time and time again as the prosecutor prepares the case for trial.

She goes to trial and sees him at the defense table. At the beginning of trial, she sees him referred to as the defendant. The prosecutor, since he has to go first, calls his witnesses, saving her for last. She's waiting outside in the hall next to other officers and detectives who are about to go up and present their evidence linking the defendant to the offense.

She finally gets up to take the stand and once again, sees the defendant at the defense table. The prosecutor goes through her day, detail by detail, ending with the rape. As she goes through each detail, she's looking at the jury but still sees the defendant, in her periphery, sitting at the defense table.

The prosecutor then asks her to identify her attacker and she looks over to the defense table and sees this man, this face that she's now seen dozens, if not hundreds, of times in photos, in person, on TV, in court and in her mind. She points to the defendant. The prosecutor asks her, "Ms. _______ how certain are you that the attacker that night was Mr. __________?" and again, she has all of these instances where she's seen this face to draw from and she responds "I'm absolutely certain." It happens all the time.
    Last edited by Mr. Peabody; 02-07-2009 at 09:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about a situation where immediately after the rape, the police show her a photo of Cole in a photo lineup. Then she sees him again in a lineup at the jail. Then, after saying, I think it's him (because she recognizes his face, maybe from campus), the police make an arrest. Then, the investigator starts talking to her about the case and confirming that they have the right man. Then she repeatedly sees his photo in the news, in the paper, etc. She sees his photo time and time again as the prosecutor prepares the case for trial.

She goes to trial and sees him at the defense table. At the beginning of trial, she sees him referred to as the defendant. The prosecutor, since he has to go first, calls his witnesses, saving her for last. She's waiting outside in the hall next to other officers and detectives who are about to go up and present their evidence linking the defendant to the offense.

She finally gets up to take the stand and once again, sees the defendant at the defense table. The prosecutor goes through her day, detail by detail, ending with the rape. As she goes through each detail, she's looking at the jury but still sees the defendant, in her periphery, sitting at the defense table.

The prosecutor then asks her to identify her attacker and she looks over to the defense table and sees this man, this face that she's now seen dozens, if not hundreds, of times in photos, in person, on TV, in court and in her mind. She points to the defendant. The prosecutor asks her, "Ms. _______ how certain are you that the attacker that night was Mr. __________?" and again, she has all of these instances to where she's seen this face to draw from and she responds "I'm absolutely certain." It happens all the time.
    People lie on the witness stand all the time, I agree.

The said she was certain that Cole did it, a boldfaced lie. She only picked Cole because he looked more like the rapist than the other five people in the lineup.

The prosecutor no doubt coached her on how to lie to the jury and get away with it, so he he should be locked up as well and gang raped by big daddy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won't mean he's not a murderer..no matter how crazy he is.
    Well, if by "murderer," you mean "guilty of murder," then you are mistaken.

Art. 46C.155. FINDING OF NOT GUILTY BY REASON OF INSANITY CONSIDERED ACQUITTAL. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (b)(expunction), a defendant who is found not guilty by reason of insanity stands acquitted of the offense charged and may not be considered a person charged with an offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She's not obligated to tell the jury anything. The state has the burden of proof, but there's nothing in the law that says she has to testify or what her testimony needs to consist of. Plus, if his defense attorney worked up the case at all, I'm sure he would have asked her about the prior inconsistent statement.

How is asking, "how certain are you that it was __________ who raped you that night?" asking about her opinion of a newspaper article?

Again, you can disagree with me on this point, but I think that many people testify to a mistaken belief and are absolutely convinced of its certainty. I don't think they are lying, I think it's simple "memory misattribution," as another poster alluded to.
    If she only "thinks" that this guy looks the most like the rapist, then she is not CERTAIN that he is the rapist.

She wasn't certain Cole did it and lied on the stand when she said she was certain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She wasn't certain Cole did it and lied on the stand when she said she was certain.
    I wish I could be as certain of anything as you are of this.

Enjoy your vindictive rec ude, G. Hopefully, you'll find a little something left over for the ty process that's also to blame here.

It's party time for me.

RIP, Timothy Cole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude was a true gangsta the way he held it down for himself though. I mean anyone would have given up and said ok give me the plea and let me walk...but the man knew he was innocent and said the books will write the when all is said and done.

RIP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have been through something like Tim Cole.

In 2003, I walked into a bar. 5 minutes later 3 cops came in and claimed they had a video tape of me stealing $50 from the bar. They cops spent two hours trying to get me to confess. During that time I showed the cops my wallet, which had $300 dollars in it, plus credit cards & debit cards, and I showed the cops a $4200 paycheck I had just received.

The cops continually said they were "absolutley certain" that I was on the videotape, but they would not show me the tape. I observed the 3 cops and a 4th cop, plus 4 bar staff people watching the video. The cops would go back and forth from where I was to where they were watching the video.

Since the cops wouldn't let me see the video, I asked them about some specific details.

The top of my head is very distinctive because I have a spot of thinning hair on the very top, sort of like Ginobili. I am not bald there, there is hair there, but it is so thin that you can see down to the scalp, just like with Ginobili.

The cops refused to acknowledge whether the person on the video had this feature.

So I was issued a ticket for theft, which could have cost me my job as I was a Loan Officer.

I hired a lawyer for $5000 and a few months later I got the video which clearly showed a different person stealing the $50, in the exact same location where I was standing while the cops were interrogating me. (which made it easier to see the two different people)

So I asked my lawyer if he could show the video to the prosecutor and get the charges dropped. The lawyer got back to me and said the prosecutor would probably drop the charges since I wasn't on the video.

But then the prosecutor changed his mind. He said he has 2 witnesses who also saw me in the bar at the time of the theft. They said they were certain. My lawyer explained to me that the witnesses really saw the guy in the video in the bar, not me.

So anyways, this case dragged on until 2005, and my legal fees were up tp about $12,000. Finally, I demanded that my lawyer file a speedy trial motion which I had been asking him to do.

A trial was scheduled, so I spent another $5000 for trial preparation. Then, just as the trial began, the prosecutor moved to dismiss the charges.

It is not believable that all these people could make a "mistake" about me and this video. I took still photos of the video and showed them around to people at work, friends, and 100s of random people on the street, and I have never met a single person who thought the guy on the video was me.

Yet somehow, 8 people, 4 cops and 4 bar staff all made a "mistake".

Sure they did.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005
    Political Prosecution in Wisconsin?
    The things one finds on Usenet newsgroups! Those dinosaurs of the information age sometimes reveal nuggets of useful and interesting information, sticking up like bones in the LaBrea Tar Pits.

My most recent discovery came on alt.politics.libertarian, where there were two postings about the news that theft charges against a Dane County libertarian activist were dropped.

This may not seem newsworthy to most. The amount of the alleged theft was only $50. But the person arrested was, at the time, spearheading a recall campaign against Wisconsin's Democratic governor. Dane County is well-known as a Democratic stronghold. (It includes the state capital, Madison, and the University of Wisconsin's principal campus.) The arrest was a transparent effort to silence a political dissident. This should come as no surprise. Despite its Progressive traditions, Wisconsin is the home of Senator Russ Feingold, whose name appears on legislation he sponsored (though he probably did not read it), which is designed to suppress political speech.

Here's what was reported in The Capital Times, a Madison daily:

A theft charge against Libertarian Party leader Rolf Lindgren of Middleton were dropped today, but Lindgren remains unhappy about the prosecution of the case.

Lindgren was charged with stealing an apron, apparently with tips from a waiter in it, from the Irish Waters bar and restaurant in November 2003.

The case was scheduled for jury selection today and trial on Wednesday, but Assistant District Attorney Jay Mimier moved to dismiss the case at the last moment, a move that did not placate Lindgren.

After Dane County Circuit Judge David Flanagan ordered the case dismissed, Lindgren spoke up and said: "The prosecutor in this case has known since the beginning of this case that I didn't commit this crime. I'd like you to ask the prosecutor when he realized that I didn't commit this crime."

Lindgren also insisted that the government pay his legal fees, which had added up to thousands of dollars over the past year and a half.

A news release issued on Lindgren's behalf through the Libertarian Party of Dane County reveals why this was a political prosecution:

Loan Officer Rolf Lindgren won his criminal case today in Dane County court. This morning, just before jury selection was to begin, Prosecutor Jay Mimier asked to dismiss the charge against Lindgren. Lindgren had been charged with stealing $50 from the Irish Waters Restaurant/Tavern in November, 2003.

The Lindgren team and the state have a video of a different person stealing the $50.

The case began on November 26, 2003, with the false-arrest of Rolf Lindgren, who was subjected to a brutal, two-hour interrogation. Just two days earlier, on November 24, 2003, Lindgren had filed papers with the State Elections Board regarding the Recall of Governor Jim Doyle. Because of the arrest, the Doyle Recall did not move forward.

The arrest occurred the night before Rolf Lindgren's scheduled on-camera interview for the do entary movie 'A Remarkable Man', a movie about the life of Ed Thompson. Because of the arrest, the movie interview was postponed.

The arresting officer, Craig Knutson, had approached Rolf Lindgren earlier in the year, in February, 2003, at the Harbor Athletic Club in Middleton. Knutson asked Lindgren dozens of questions about what the Libertarian Party believed in. The person who claimed to be a victim in the case, former Irish Waters waitress Vanessa Wheaton, waited on customer Lindgren in October, 2003. Lindgren was wearing a RecallDoyle.com T-shirt that evening. Lindgren testified under oath regarding the case in October, 2004. No state witness has testified under oath.

At the hearing this morning, Rolf Lindgren asked Judge Flanagan for the state to pay Lindgren's legal fees which are now several thousand dollars. The state has known since day-one that Lindgren did not commit this crime. The state intentionally ran up Lindgren's legal fees during the past 17 months.

Judge Flanagan denied Lindgren's request without giving a reason. Judge Flanagan said it was "unusual" for a defendant to speak to him directly in court. A potential false-arrest lawsuit is under consideration.

We like to believe the myth that this sort of thing only happens in banana republics. This isn't Kyrgyzstan, after all, it's the United States -- it's Wisconsin, home of Fighting Bob LaFollette!

If Wisconsin political activists are not safe from government harassment and threats against their lives and liberties, neither are political activists in Virginia, Wyoming, or Arkansas. Stories like this are simple reminders of how we must remain vigilant against abuses of government power everywhere and always.

Posted by Rick Sincere at 5:31:00 PM

Labels: libertarians, Wisconsin

6 comments:
    Anonymous said...
    TRIAL OF ROLF LINDGREN

your tax dollars at work

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 8:30 A.M., Madison City County Building, Judge Flanagan

I was accused of stealing $50 back in 2003. I have a video tape of someone else stealing the $50, so I have a good case.

They have been trying to get me to plea bargain. Legal fees now above $10,000. I demand a trial.

Please attend. I appreciate your moral support. Learn about our court system.

Rolf 608-279-5889 www.RolfLindgren.com

PS - I apologize for not being as active with the Libertarian Party during the past year. RL

Other trials:

The War upon Galileo
    http://cscs.umich.edu/~crshalizi/Whi...onomy/war.html

9:17 AM, April 28, 2005
    Galileo said...
    TRIAL OF ROLF LINDGREN - RESULTS

[warning - this email contains some profanity]

My trial was scheduled to begin in Madison on February 28. I was accused of stealing $50 at the Irish Waters in 2003. Since I have photos of someone else stealing the $50, I expected to win. The photos are still photos from a CD turned over to me during the discovery process.

When I got to the courthouse, I found that 15 jury trials were scheduled at 8:30 a.m. in front of Judge Flanagan. My case was the oldest and deserved priority. Judge Flanagan, however, had the trial rescheduled without explanation; to July 18.

I asked prosecuting attorney Jay Mimier, why the State was continually delaying my trial. In the hallway outside the courtroom, in the presence of many people, Mimier yelled at me; "Horse !"

Then I was called into a conference room. Mimier tried to scare me into another plea bargain. I showed Mimier photos of the person who stole the $50. I said; "How many times have I told you I will not plea bargain. I demand a trial."

After I left the City-County Building, I examined the photos of the person who stole the $50 more closely.

I compared a still frame from 48 minutes, 5 seconds, to a still frame from 48 minutes, 6 seconds. Between frames, the guy takes one step towards the camera. I compared the size of the head to the width of his jacket.

The head, from the chin to the top of the head, in the 5-second frame measures 16/32 inch.

The head, from the chin to the top of the head, in the 6-second frame measures 21/32 inch.

The length of the head increases by 31%. You can see the difference with the naked eye.

The width of the jacket collar, from point-to-point, in the 5-second frame measures 9/8 inch.

The width of the jacket collar, from point-to-point, in the 6-second frame measures 10/8 inch.

The width of the jacket increases by 11%. Hmmm.

The body and clothing of the guy in the 6-second frame compared to the guy in the 5-second frame, look exactly the same.

The face of the guy in the 6-second frame compared to the face of the guy in the 5-second frame, look different.

Tests will be conducted to determine how this could happen on a digital CD, created by the Irish Waters and provided to police for the prosecution of Rolf Lindgren.

Photos provided for viewing upon request.

Sincerely,

Rolf Lindgren 608-279-5889 608-824-0660 (fax) [email protected]

www.RolfLindgren.com www.CaucusScandal.com www.RecallDoyle.com

Appendix A:

Amendment VI of the U.S. Cons ution

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Appendix B:

Synopsis of Case

On October 28, 2003, my friend Mark and I went to the Irish Waters to watch a San Antonio Spurs game. I brought www.RecallDoyle.com T-Shirts, bumper stickers and news clippings.

On November 26, 2003, I went back to the Irish Waters to invite an acquaintance to a Libertarian meeting. Five minutes later, three police officers came into the Irish Waters, surrounded me, and said they had a video of me stealing $50. I was subjected to a brutal, 2-hour psychological interrogation. The police lied. They do not have a video of me stealing $50. I testified under oath on October, 2004, regarding this incident. If anyone reading this knows anyone who can provide me legal assistance in pursuing legal actions against the guilty parties, please let me know.

Appendix C:

Text of email received by me on November 19, 2003

Subject: recall response

Dear asshole,
    Do you ers really think you're going to steal another election? you. your mother. your children and any one else associated with your ed up ideas. Suck my you jerk off. If I see one of of your assholes passing a recall pe ion, I'm going to kick him in the balls and rip up the pe ion. If you're looking for confrontation you're going to get it. This is not a threat, this is a promise.
    Patrick McCormack
    Milwaukee

Appendix D:

Link to Tim Kelley's November 16, 2003, Sunday Opinion column in the Wisconsin State Journal

Recall Doyle?: http://www.madison.com/archives/read...288295:OPINION

9:23 AM, April 28, 2005
    Anonymous said...
    Other Recent 3rd Party Suppression Lead by Democrats in Wisconsin

Ballot Access History

On the Ballot for Good
    September 30, 2004 -The Supreme Court of Wisconsin unanimously ruled to put Nader/Camejo on the ballot Thursday putting an end to the Democrats' dirty tricks campaign against Nader/Camejo in Wisconsin. Thank you to attorney Robert Bernhoft who did an exceptional job on this case. Thanks to all the folks who made it out early in the morning to picket in front of the Capitol and come to the hearing.

###
    posted by: Friends_of_Galileo

11:08 AM, April 28, 2005
    Anonymous said...
    Are all Libertarians crazy? Does anyone really believe there is a conspiracy involving the Madison police department, the Governor's office, the County DA office?

This allegation makes no damn sense! Because charges were dropped, they say it must be a plot? Is that what passes for logic among Libertarians?

2:13 PM, April 28, 2005
    Anonymous said...
    Oh, I forgot. The judge is in on the conspiracy, too!

2:15 PM, April 28, 2005
    Brad Spangler said...
    "Are all Libertarians crazy?" - Aninymous

Are all of you who like the idea of prosecuting an innocent man to gutless to sign your names?

5:59 AM, May 04, 2005

http://ricksincerethoughts.blogspot....wisconsin.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you need to get a grip if you thinking getting ripped is somehow worse or in any way equivalent to an innocent spending all of his adult life in prison and dying there. If it makes you feel any better, he was probably raped too...

Tell you waht...I'll go out and the ugliest girl I can find, and I won't use any protection, which means I will be doing it under the threat of death...

and you? You go commit a crime that will cause you to spend the rest of your life in prison, UNTIL YOU DIE...

And let's compare notes and see who got the better end of that deal.

I've known girls that had rape fantasies, wanted you to tear their clothes off and and the out of them...

I've never met anyone that had a fantasy about spending all of their adult life in prison for a crime they didn't commit, and then dying there...

Have you?

There's absolutely no comprison between what happened to her and what happened to him...she walked away from what was done to her...he didn't.

And you know what? That whole life in prison thing was probably at least as much against his will as her being raped was against hers.

I'm more concerned with what happened to him than what happened to her...frankly I could give two s about the fact that she was raped knowing that she sent an innocent and good man to prison for his entire adult life.....because she's ing ignorant.
    You forgot to add that she probably asked to be raped.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot to add that she probably asked to be raped.
    I'm sure it was a horrific experience...I bet she'll never forget the guys face. :roll ingeyes

No criminal justice system in the history of man will work properly if people are too ing stupid to identify the right person. I'm sorry this chick is incomparably stupid and because of that an innocent man had his entire adult life stolen from him and was treated as a criminal until death...

I truly am.

But there is something seriously wrong with you if you think what happened to her is worse than what happened to him.

He's the completely innocent person in all of this. He's also the one that suffered the most.

Thank god the rapist actually confessed to his crime...because if it was left up to her to identify the rapist, it would have never gotten done...she's too ing stupid.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I agree with Whottt, it's pretty ed up what happened to that guy. He basically got locked up for life just for fun, he was completely innocent. How can you send someone to jail for life without being 100% sure?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure it was a horrific experience...I bet she'll never forget the guys face. :roll ingeyes

No criminal justice system in the history of man will work properly if people are too ing stupid to identify the right person. I'm sorry this chick is incomparably stupid and because of that an innocent man had his entire adult life stolen from him and was treated as a criminal until death...

I truly am.

But there is something seriously wrong with you if you think what happened to her is worse than what happened to him.

He's the completely innocent person in all of this. He's also the one that suffered the most.

Thank god the rapist actually confessed to his crime...because if it was left up to her to identify the rapist, it would have never gotten done...she's too ing stupid.
    As I've said a few times here, what happened to this man is awful, but what happened to her was no cakewalk either.
    And unless you've been in a situation where you've been violated in any way, you really have no room to judge how she handled her situation.

"We'll do it this time" Bartleby's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with Whottt, it's pretty ed up what happened to that guy. He basically got locked up for life just for fun, he was completely innocent. How can you send someone to jail for life without being 100% sure?
    To me, the bigger question is how you can condemn somebody to be executed without being 100% sure.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's very unfortunate that she picked the wrong guy. Compounding a rape with the fact that you helped sentence an innocent man to prison for the rest of his life cannot be easy to live with.

But this was West Texas in the mid-80's, and it was a white woman raped by a black man. There's no doubt in my mind that her certainty about Cole raping her was partly brought on by coersion.

I wish there was more accountability for the prosecutors and investigators who helped convict innocent people. I see none of their names in this article. They ed up too, and they don't have the excuse of being recent rape victims who might not be completely capable of sound thought.
    Last edited by Spurminator; 02-08-2009 at 05:39 PM.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"It's one of these men, honey. You just tell us which one. That one? You think? Then it's probably him. You can't be expected to be certain, you were under a lot of trauma. We got to lock this er up so he can't do this to anyone else. We need you to be strong. Be confident. This ###### raped you, and he'll rape others if we don't put his ass away. We need your help."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "It's one of these men, honey. You just tell us which one. That one? You think? Then it's probably him. You can't be expected to be certain, you were under a lot of trauma. We got to lock this er up so he can't do this to anyone else. We need you to be strong. Be confident. This ###### raped you, and he'll rape others if we don't put his ass away. We need your help."
    Good point.

Johnson went on to rape four more women. The Cole defense team brought Johnson to the attention of the authorities during the time of the trial, but were ignored. Those who ignored the Cole defense team should be held accountable for their actions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I've said a few times here, what happened to this man is awful, but what happened to her was no cakewalk either.
    And unless you've been in a situation where you've been violated in any way, you really have no room to judge how she handled her situation.
    Oh yes I do have room to judge her...because she sent an innocent man to his death. I don't give a what her excuse was...

The crime she commited was worse than the rape.

Far worse.

The worst crime of them all is when an innocent man goes to prison.

That is a complete total failure of our justice system.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's very unfortunate that she picked the wrong guy.
    It's more than just unfortunate...it's the absolute worst crime of them all.

Compounding a rape with the fact that you helped sentence an innocent man to prison for the rest of his life cannot be easy to live with.
    Yeah? I'd still rather be her than the guy she wrongly sent to prison..the innocent man whose entire life she turned into a skidmark.

But this was West Texas in the mid-80's, and it was a white woman raped by a black man. There's no doubt in my mind that her certainty about Cole raping her was partly brought on by coersion.

I wish there was more accountability for the prosecutors and investigators who helped convict innocent people. I see none of their names in this article. They ed up too, and they don't have the excuse of being recent rape victims who might not be completely capable of sound thought.

Without a doubt the system failed Tim Cole and many others need to be held accountable, legally...but that doesn't absolve her of the fact that she said the wrong guy raped her. And it wasn't her job to come up with suspects, it was her job to ID the right guy.

No one, no one was responsible for making that ID other than her, and the result was the death, wrongful imprisonment, and decades long torment of a completely innocent man.

I am sorry but she doesn't get a free pass just because she was raped.

Many criminals also have traumatic experiences in their past...last I checked, that isn't a good excuse for commiting a crime, and what this woman did was crimina. It is just about the most horrific criminal act that can be commited, the death and imprisonment of an innocent man.

IT's not just unfortunate...it's a complete ing outrage,.

The crime she was an accessory too was the worst one commited in this entire case. It's not even close.

Unfortunatley my ass...her rape was unfortunate, the false imprisonment and death of a completely innocent man is the truly horrific crime commited here...and it couldn't have been commited without her complicity.

Thread Information