Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I did the same. I don't buy the "he had a sore ankle prior to the All-Star break" talk the Spurs are saying now. Manu looked fine.

I think either they had Manu on cortisone shots so he could play through the pain and then examining during the All-Star break showed something worse. Or perhaps Manu hurt himself at some point during the break.

But obviously, the main hope is that CIA Pop is up to some complicated trick.

That's pretty damn sneaky, even by Pop standards.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

just venting man.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *** Pure Speculation ***

I wonder if he hurt his back in the GS game and had some pain killers to deal with it for Toronto. After a closer look maybe they saw something that looked serious enough to hold him out for a while or for the rest of the season. Either way, that would really suck.

*** END ***

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs hope was to keep this under their hats, that effort has been completely negated at this point -- the speculation is growing and the outlets reporting the speculation seem to be expanding exponentially.

First and foremost, here's hoping that this is basketball severe (if that) and nothing more than basketball severe. Beyond that, I still think the question for the Spurs is whether to go all in, right now -- Carter, for whatever it takes.

Given the extent of the Duncan window, Ghost Writer's old "Win Now, Worry Later" maxim strikes me as the better idea.

Best Nuggets Troll Ever NuGGeTs-FaN's Avatar
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    If he is out for the season, then i suggest the Spurs just trade Duncan to Denver for the season to ensure that the Lakers don't come out of the West again

Love and Basketball MateoNeygro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok,Im on the yellow pages right now looking for manu's home number.
    I'll give him a call, it.
    hahha nice.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs hope was to keep this under their hats, that effort has been completely negated at this point -- the speculation is growing and the outlets reporting the speculation seem to be expanding exponentially.

First and foremost, here's hoping that this is basketball severe (if that) and nothing more than basketball severe. Beyond that, I still think the question for the Spurs is whether to go all in, right now -- Carter, for whatever it takes.

Given the extent of the Duncan window, Ghost Writer's old "Win Now, Worry Later" maxim strikes me as the better idea.

spot on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

loud noises !!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    loud noises !!!

Bears can smell the menstruation!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk know whats going on but all this injury news seems kinda weird to me.....manu ginobili looked fine to me during the raptors game last week and he got plenty of rest during the all-star break so what can be the problem?Just hope this injury ain't that serious and I hope hes alright....my prayers are with manu

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he is out for the season, then i suggest the Spurs just trade Duncan to Denver for the season to ensure that the Lakers don't come out of the West again
    As long as you promise to give him back at the end of the playoffs then I'm okay with it.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think either they had Manu on cortisone shots so he could play through the pain and then examining during the All-Star break showed something worse.

That strikes me as very un-Spurs-like... very irresponsible for a regular season game in February. I can't imagine the team would have let him play hurt if they had known he was experiencing pain. I think it's far more likely that if he was playing through any pain, he was doing so without the team knowing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna hate to see Hill and Mason go but we might not have a choice now

Love and Basketball MateoNeygro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rejoicing? no

Laughing at anyone who dared argue against me? yes

anyone who thought Manu could go another season at 100% is a total idiot or blind homer. the guy is losing his athleticism and resistance to injury as he ages, and his style of play desperately needs both of those things to be effective.

this was no surprise.
    Not trying to be a jackass but everyone loses athleticism and resistance to injury as they age. I know that wasn't exactly your point but just saying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's one more tidbit... Manu normally gets pretty down when he gets injured. It's actually quite surprising to me to read a post on his forum (LINK) from Manu himself congratulating Jalberto for winning the Spurs.com wallpaper compe ion. Considering he's never been reluctant to talk about his injuries publicly in the forum before, I just have to think he was ok then. Unless something happened Sunday or Monday?

Disclaimer: This is complete speculation. Take it for what it worth, which is not much at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why isn't anyone going to address that someone got 600+ in Power Driver?!?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Well, are you happy now Darrin? Bears. Now all our lives are in danger.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That strikes me as very un-Spurs-like... very irresponsible for a regular season game in February. I can't imagine the team would have let him play hurt if they had known he was experiencing pain. I think it's far more likely that if he was playing through any pain, he was doing so without the team knowing.

yea dude....

This doesnt add up.

like the 9/11 official story....but thats another topic...haha

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This is what you get for smiling and cracking open a beer when JET went down.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dios mio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's one more tidbit... Manu normally gets pretty down when he gets injured. It's actually quite surprising to me to read a post on his forum (LINK) from Manu himself congratulating Jalberto for winning the Spurs.com wallpaper compe ion. Considering he's never been reluctant to talk about his injuries publicly in the forum before, I just have to think he was ok then. Unless something happened Sunday or Monday?

Disclaimer: This is complete speculation. Take it for what it worth, which is not much at all.
    I don't follow Manu's forum too closely but isn't it weird he hasn't said anything? Usually they'll be something from him somewhere talking about the injury. Manu being quiet adds to the mystery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jason Terry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a real hooker and I'm going to slap you in public.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's definitely contrary to Pop's usual MO, particularly after he gave the Big 3 the night off in Denver just before that. I can't recall a time when Pop didn't err on the side of caution with a regular season injury.

I'm inclined to the view that we're looking at something that occurred during the break or something that had been innocuous but was discovered during the break (or something Manu just didn't bother to mention to anyone, as Spurminator suggests).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, are you happy now Darrin? Bears. Now all our lives are in danger.

You're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair.

Thread Information