San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Milk was a bad choice.

I killed a man with a trident.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea i was telling a friend that the Spurs body language didnt look good last night. They looked like something bad just happened.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    If its season ending, I say we stand pat let Hill and Mason develop more, and make a strong run next year with Gist, Hairston, hopefully Mahinmi, and hopefully a FA.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shocking,

Lakerfan comes in and acts like a jackass.

Didn't see that coming

Love and Basketball MateoNeygro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anchorman jokes are old and unfunny.
    You bite your tongue. Will Ferrel is a saint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How mad would everyone be if they found out that this is just a smoke screen and NJ has asked to keep Manu out for a trade for VC? Would you be happy that it was just for a trade and he is not really hurt?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he's hurt for good, i hope tim duncan breaks wilt chamberlain's record of 100 points in one game for the next 4 months straight, or however long they're going to play basketball until manu ginobili comes back.

"We'll do it this time" Bartleby's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If its season ending, I say we stand pat let Hill and Mason develop more, and make a strong run next year with Gist, Hairston, hopefully Mahinmi, and hopefully a FA.
    But if it's more than season ending and/or Manu goes down again next season (God forbid), the Spurs will need a third impact player to fill the void left by Manu's absence. That's where having Carter would make lots of sense.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think you have to consider a deal for Carter, if there's one to be made, but outside of that I agree. Stand pat, give it your best the rest of the way, and re-assess everything in the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please move the "this is what Spurs fans get for being happy that _______ got injured" talk to another thread.

Thanks.

kick rocks
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    very troubling. what are the alternatives?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way I can see this being CIA is that Pop wants to scare off other teams from Manu, and by saying he's damaged goods then other teams won't be as likely to demand him in the trade.

Obviously, that would hurt our bargaining power as far as what we can get.

This theory would be a real stretch but at this point everything is a mystery. The day before the draft the FO did that weird email to every team saying they wanted to trade their pick. The FO seems to pull some crazy tricks from time to time that seem to be intended to mislead and confuse.

Even if we don't make a trade, I'm not sure we'll ever get a straight answer about this until later when it's randomly dropped into a Harvey column.

That Manu somehow severely aggravated his ankle while on All Star Break seems ludicrous on its face, especially when his comments were about lifting weights, getting treatment, and trying to relax during the break. It could be possible that he injured it, just not likely in my opinion.

Hopefully by Friday some confirmed reports will shed some light on all of this. Anything is possible at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or we can trade for vince AND win now!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How mad would everyone be if they found out that this is just a smoke screen and NJ has asked to keep Manu out for a trade for VC? Would you be happy that it was just for a trade and he is not really hurt?
    While I seriously hope the FO don't plan on trading Manu, him being healthy is much more important. Let's quote Robert Horry: "It's only a game".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. I'm still not going to contact a mutual friend from Argentina to ask, because Manu always has no problems talking publicly about these things. The other theory is that they're waiting for test results, and don't want to talk until then.
    If Manu's injury is ankle related, it's possible that he flew to L.A. to see the doctor that repaired his ankle last summer.

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

get well soon Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think everyone is getting too worried about this...Until something official comes out about the injury we are just guessing...Even with a down Ginobili Spurs are still in good shape for the SouthWest Division le...At least some kind of homecourt in the playoffs...I mean we do have the Best big man in the game...I believe Duncan is his name...The road will be tougher but, havent the Spurs always been against the odds?

There is no I in team spurastic's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure that the delay is that they don't know the findings of the medical tests yet. But the 'half empty glass' side of me, thinks that the business side is concerned about ticket sales when the report is released.

Get well Manu!!!

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure that the delay is that they don't know the findings of the medical tests yet. But the 'half empty glass' side of me, thinks that the business side is concerned about ticket sales when the report is released.

Get well Manu!!!

Nah, I don't think the Spurs operate in that sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way I can see this being CIA is that Pop wants to scare off other teams from Manu, and by saying he's damaged goods then other teams won't be as likely to demand him in the trade.

Obviously, that would hurt our bargaining power as far as what we can get.

This theory would be a real stretch but at this point everything is a mystery. The day before the draft the FO did that weird email to every team saying they wanted to trade their pick. The FO seems to pull some crazy tricks from time to time that seem to be intended to mislead and confuse.

Even if we don't make a trade, I'm not sure we'll ever get a straight answer about this until later when it's randomly dropped into a Harvey column.

That Manu somehow severely aggravated his ankle while on All Star Break seems ludicrous on its face, especially when his comments were about lifting weights, getting treatment, and trying to relax during the break. It could be possible that he injured it, just not likely in my opinion.

Hopefully by Friday some confirmed reports will shed some light on all of this. Anything is possible at this point.

Difficult to make any sense out of this.

Played well in Toronto. Didn't seem injured. Didn't play any games after that. So, no possibility of injury in games after Toronto.
    Won't join Spurs on road trip.
    And reliable sources seeming to indicate that Manu may possibly have a season-ending injury.
    And silence from Manu and the Spurs on Manu's status.

Doesn't make any sense. Hard to reconcile all of these statements.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or we can trade for vince AND win now!
    Do we know whether or not we can still trade for Vince? It's debatable at best whether or not the Spurs offer was the best on the table before we knew Manu got hurt. Now that the Nets know Manu's definitely hurt I'm pretty sure they'd try to up the price.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    This might not have happened if Manu believed in God...

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Is it too soon to joke?

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Difficult to make any sense out of this.

Played well in Toronto. Didn't seem injured. Didn't play any games after that. So, no possibility of injury in games after Toronto.
    Won't join Spurs on road trip.
    And reliable sources seeming to indicate that Manu may possibly have a season-ending injury.
    And silence from Manu and the Spurs on Manu's status.

Doesn't make any sense. Hard to reconcile all of these statements.

Yeah its a headscratcher.

Thread Information