Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this is true, the Spurs are in dire straits, both this season and going forward.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think their strength is something of a front. They're hemorrhaging money. I think Carter is gone, regardless. They're just trying to salvage 50 cents on the dollar.
    If NJ is really having that kind of money problems, I think my Lopez + Carter for Manu and fillers proposals have more legs than might first appear. If they trade Carter for scraps, how do they put butts in the seats? My proposal gives them a player that will put butts in the seats - watching Manu play is awesome. Manu is more than fair value for Carter, and is saves them a ton of money besides, but they would have to give up potential in response...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How soon do y'all expect the FO to make an announcement on this mystery injury? I'm starting to slowly freak-out...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i give up on this team see yall next year ginobili is a joke

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nets are not trading Brooke Lopez. Let's move off that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This afternoon, J.A. Adande quoted a Western Conference GM as saying that the Nets are hemmorraging money and will basically give Carter away.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...Roundup-090218
    Didn't their arena deal fall through? That could be part of the reason why they are holding a VC fire sale.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This afternoon, J.A. Adande quoted a Western Conference GM as saying that the Nets are hemmorraging money and will basically give Carter away.

Wow is that true?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something's gotta give...The Spurs' FO are up to something....do you'll think anyone has actually called and asked if Manu was available?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't think you could, but wasn't sure if it was an actual rule or not. I mean, if there's a team out there willing to take an injured player, shouldn't it be their decision and not the NBA's ?
    I think the physical is purely optional on the part of the team acquiring the player.

If a team acquires Raef LaFrentz to get his expiring deal, they're not going to void the trade because LaFrentz can't pass a physical. Thus, the "pass a physical" thing can't be a requirement for consummating a trade.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    VC will definitely not be in a Nets uniform next week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How soon do y'all expect the FO to make an announcement on this mystery injury? I'm starting to slowly freak-out...
    Sometime after 2pm tomorrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How soon do y'all expect the FO to make an announcement on this mystery injury?
    No sooner than 2:01 PM tomorrow when the trade deadline passes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't their arena deal fall through? That could be part of the reason why they are holding a VC fire sale.
    Yes it did. Financing broke down in the talks.

Love and Basketball MateoNeygro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I'm gonna throw up
    I just did twelve times. And will continue to do so until I find out the truth.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nets are not trading Brooke Lopez. Let's move off that.

I don't think anyones on it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF man. That is BS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I spoke with someone who confirmed this...

They're in a bad spot money wise. Their position of strength is something of a joke. The problem is, every team is hurting money wise. So it's not as easy to give up VC as you might think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    getting VC for pesos on the dollar would be so sexy.

Horry will be a part that deal for sure.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometime after 2pm tomorrow.

Coincidence?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure it is. I believe the only requirement is that teams give the physical, but teams don't have to void a trade just because the physical turned up something.
    Yep, a physical is required by the recieving team for each player. However, that team can choose to ignore the results of said physical; this is particularly common if they are doing the trade solely for capspace reasons.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand, but they are still dealing from a position of strength.
    Yeah, such strength the best offer they've gotten to date is Vaughn, Oberto, Hill, and Mason for their franchise player.

NJ is losing money like it's going out of style, and want to be a player for LeBron in 2010.

"We'll do it this time" Bartleby's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good ing riddance. Don't come back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's TOO MANY things to believe he cant be that hurt

1. He was playing awesome ball before the all-star break, most notably scoring 32 in that Toronto game.

2. Nothing has been said on Manu's blog, any of Argentina's papers, nothing.

3. We all should know by now Pop is straight up CIA, and this would be the ultimate CIA move.

4. Manu hadnt said anything prior to this week about the ankle bothering him, not even when missing the Denver game, he was listed as having a hip contusion. Neither after the Toronto game, he stated he was gonna take time off during the break, no mention of soreness or injury.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If NJ is really having that kind of money problems, I think my Lopez + Carter for Manu and fillers proposals have more legs than might first appear. If they trade Carter for scraps, how do they put butts in the seats? My proposal gives them a player that will put butts in the seats - watching Manu play is awesome. Manu is more than fair value for Carter, and is saves them a ton of money besides, but they would have to give up potential in response...
    Eric, I was responding to this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the entirety of Adande's report from about 6 hours ago:

POSTED: Feb. 18 -- 1:28 p.m. ET

J.A. Adande: While the Nets continue to downplay Vince Carter trade talks, other executives in the league expect Carter to be moved.

Quite simply, the Nets "want off Vince," one general manager said.
    Carter is due $16.3 million next season and $17.3 million in 2010-11 (likely taking any team with him on the roster out of play for the 2010 free-agent derby).

But don't be surprised if Carter, a 10-time All-Star, doesn't bring back All-Star talent in return -- especially if a trade with Portland for Raef LaFrentz's expiring contract and Travis Outlaw goes down.

"It comes down to New Jersey giving Vince away," another GM said. "They're hemorrhaging money."

Although Devin Harris has surpassed Carter as the team's best player, Carter is still the biggest name, so at first glance trading him wouldn't make sense in a star-driven business. But as the general manager said, "They're not selling tickets anyway," and Carter isn't enough of a box office draw to cover his $15 million salary this season.

With a mediocre team playing in a lame-duck, 27-year-old stadium and ground yet to be broken on a new arena in Brooklyn, the Nets have averaged 14,805 fans per game this season. That ranks 25th on the league's attendance list.

"They're hurting," the second general manager said. "The league's hurting. The world's hurting."

Thread Information