Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that's what is perplexing to me. I just don't see the need for a meeting about a non-serious injury on a gameday that is also the trade deadline day.
    Only other idea I have is that this supposed meeting about Manu's ankle is a smokescreen for the real reason Pop will be in SA tomorrow- if indeed he is actually going to be in SA.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. And I don't think that offer exists.

Yea unless Its something like..

Rasheed Wallace and Tayshaun Prince.....or something like that....Something so enticing that Pop would do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only other idea I have is that this supposed meeting about Manu's ankle is a smokescreen for the real reason Pop will be in SA tomorrow- if indeed he is actually going to be in SA.
    They don't say that he's going to be in SA - or if Doctors/RC are going to Detroit. To me, it could be just a phone meeting.. who knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The stories are so conflicting. So far today I have heard (from fairly reliable people):

"Manu is most likely out for the year."

"They are just resting Manu for the road trip and doing further tests."

"Manu is injured. Hopefully he's out for just a few weeks."
    Maybe he's pregnant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's perhaps 5 players in the NBA for who I would deal Ginobili. Those aren't available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its gonna take a of a offer for Pop to trade Manu....one of an offer.
    Offer? No way.

Photographic negatives? Maybe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its just too weird that all of this Manu injured or not too injured is happening and the trade deadline is tomorrow, and the Spurs play the Pistons tomorrow...hmmm.....Just too many things going thru my head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got the scoop! The injuy is very minor, they are just resting Manu.
    Manu is not out for the season. Pop is pissed that Manu is not telling him about every little acky pain, so CIA Pop sat him down for the rodeo road trip, and is giving him new strict orders.
    How do you possibly have the scoop??

I can see something like this happening. Pop blowing up at doctors and Manu because they had been "hiding" the fact that Manu is injured. He probably told the doctors to get their straight and find out what exactly is going on.

I hope it's something like this and injury is indeed minor. Would make sense everyone keeping quiet at Pop blowing up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ed Helicopter Jones

Check.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I've got the scoop! The injuy is very minor, they are just resting Manu.
    Source. Now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea unless Its something like..

Rasheed Wallace and Tayshaun Prince.....or something like that....Something so enticing that Pop would do it.
    Um.... isn't this Manu's last year of contract?

So maybe the Spurs trade Manu to someone for the remainder of the season and then resign him during the free agency period?

At this point, anything is possible. But I'm going to go the middle road with... Manu is hurt for the next month or two, and we don't trade anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People keep saying things about "2 p.m.," but I think everyone should be braced to wait until 6 or 7 p.m., especially on injury news. Even though we've created this magical time frame based on the trade deadline, sometimes trades don't get absolutely finalized until the evening. Also, just because the Spurs COULD announce Manu's status at 2:01, it's just as likely that they announce it at 5 p.m..

Thankfully I'll be at 8,500 feet tomorrow afternoon and not on SpursTalk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People keep saying things about "2 p.m.," but I think everyone should be braced to wait until 6 or 7 p.m., especially on injury news. Even though we've created this magical time frame based on the trade deadline, sometimes trades don't get absolutely finalized until the evening. Also, just because the Spurs COULD announce Manu's status at 2:01, it's just as likely that they announce it at 5 p.m..

Thankfully I'll be at 8,500 feet tomorrow afternoon and not on SpursTalk.

Or not announce it at all tomorrow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginobili ankle injury raises questions
    By Jeff McDonald

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Manu Ginobili has been ruled out of Thursday's game against the Pistons, as well as the final game of the Spurs' rodeo road trip against Washington on Saturday.

Ginobili missed Tuesday's loss at New York, remaining in San Antonio for tests and treatment on what the team has termed a sore right ankle.

The Spurs did not disclose the scope and severity of his injury Wednesday. A source within the organization says the injury in not considered a threat to end Ginobili's season.

Ginobili underwent a battery of tests Tuesday, including an MRI. Team doctors are scheduled to meet with coach Gregg Popovich, general manager R.C. Buford and athletic trainer Will Sevening on Thursday to discuss the findings.

Ugh?? Ok! Happy to hear this if that "in" is suppose to be the word "is"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know you were giving out scenarios.....but the Spurs are not and were not trading Manu.

That's been confirmed by Timvp on this thread earlier.

Okay, how about this one?

Manu's ankle has been hurting for a while. He contacted an outside doctor, without telling the team. And, being Manu, he has continued to play on it. Management found out about it, and they are pissed. (And concerned, of course.) They have ordered him to sit until they can complete extensive testing, performed by their own physicians, and evaluate the results to their own satisfaction.

You have to admit that all of that is plausible. Not saying that's what happened... but it could have. And if he played hurt without letting them know, they might be more inclined to talk trade.

I'm just saying that there are a lot of possibilities other than a stress fracture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the doctors just want to get Pop's opinion on the MRI.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um.... isn't this Manu's last year of contract?

So many the Spurs trade Manu to someone for the remainder of the season and then resign him during the free agency period?

At this point, anything is possible. But I'm going to go the middle road with... Manu is hurt for the next month or two, and we don't trade anyone.
    I guess I have to repeat myself....

The Spurs are not trading Manu..period!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, the meeting tomorrow is probably Pop's dictation of his new strict orders. He will show up with 2 stone slabs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I have to repeat myself....

The Spurs are not trading Manu..period!!!
    Which is what I said at the end of my post. Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu always talks about his bangs, bruises and hurts. So I don't think he's been hiding any injury from the Spurs and Pop found out and is pissed.

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu always talks about his bangs, bruises and hurts. So I don't think he's been hiding any injury from the Spurs and Pop found out and is pissed.
    I thought and was hoping this was gonna be about his hair.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think theres about 30 players the Spurs would trade Manu for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought and was hoping this was gonna be about his hair.
    Maybe he's getting hair implants or at least corn rows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, how about this one?

Manu's ankle has been hurting for a while. He contacted an outside doctor, without telling the team. And, being Manu, he has continued to play on it. Management found out about it, and they are pissed. (And concerned, of course.) They have ordered him to sit until they can complete extensive testing, performed by their own physicians, and evaluate the results to their own satisfaction.

You have to admit that all of that is plausible. Not saying that's what happened... but it could have. And if he played hurt without letting them know, they might be more inclined to talk trade.

I'm just saying that there are a lot of possibilities other than a stress fracture.
    I will agree there are other possiblities.....but trading Manu is not one of them!

The FO have decided to built this team around the Big 3 and it has the most successful franchise since 2003.

I know Manu's injuries are a concern to the FO and us Spurs fans. But, this team really believes that have a shot at another le and will give everything they can to get it.

Trading Manu (unless getting D-Wade or Kobe) which will never happen isn't a possibility to break up the trio!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, the meeting tomorrow is probably Pop's dictation of his new strict orders. He will show up with 2 stone slabs

Thread Information