Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We first got wind yesterday. Today, two more sources told us the same thing. A fourth source insists that he's just resting and nothing serious has been officially diagnosed.

But the bad news is that the most connected source is in the first group.

Pray, Spurs fans.

Pray.

And people still wonder why Pop squeezes diamonds out of his ass over his players taking part in activities over the summer.

Manu done = Spurs done

His stock is dropping rapidly either way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. The people here need to use their brains. If you are smart enough to figure out that the Spurs are the # 1 sports franchise in America, you should be smart enough to figure out that Manu is not out for the season.

Some of you have been duped by media spin. This happens all the time in politics, where the candidates never get a chance to win on the basketball court, and instead everything just decays into irrational arguing.

But we are Spurs fans. We have already overcome all the media bias against the Spurs and against Tim Duncan, the same mass media that shoves Kobe, Shaq and Lebron down our throats.

Nobody here buys the idea that Kobe, Shaq, or Lebron have done more on the basketball court than Tim Duncan, because we can see the logic of 4 rings, 5 MVPs, and 11 all-NBA team selections. We understand defense and teamwork. It just doesn't make any logical sense that Manu was out for the season. When you hear stuff that doesn't make sense, throw that stuff down the toilet.

The fact is, Manu had a sore ankle and didn't CIA Pop about it right away, so Pop flipped out. Do you not remember how upset Pop was when Manu got hurt at the Olympics? Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Arrest this man! The Spurs are the center of the universe!

My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Cia Pop...

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I agree. The people here need to use their brains. If you are smart enough to figure out that the Spurs are the # 1 sports franchise in America, you should be smart enough to figure out that Manu is not out for the season.

Whoa Whoa Whoa. Number 1 sports franchise in America? Are you kidding me?
    I'm smart enough to know the Spurs are not even the number 1 Basketball franchise in America let alone the number 1 sports franchise. I dare say there are 10-15 Sports Franchises that are higher up than the Spurs.

I hope this is just a sick joke.

As far as Ginosbleed is concerned. I hope is okay and returns the lineup quickly. He is a great player and certainly sparks the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I let go his mistake in 06.

But after last years series against LAL, him chucking shots, throwing the ball away... then claiming to be hurt............. then really hurt in the Olympics......

Hate to say it but if this dude is out for the season it's time for a trade. You cannot deny Manu is turning into a liability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm smart enough to know the Spurs are not even the number 1 Basketball franchise in America let alone the number 1 sports franchise. I dare say there are 10-15 Sports Franchises that are higher up than the Spurs.

As far as Ginosbleed is concerned. I hope is okay and returns the lineup quickly. He is a great player and certainly sparks the team.
    In the Duncan era, the Spurs have the best record af any sports franchise in foorball, basketball, baseball, or hockey.

They are also routinely rated the best franchise by national magazines that consider other factors besides just winning.

Casual fans suck
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Manu gets well soon. I love Manu and he has been a highlight of some my fondest memories...but it's about time for a trade. He is starting to be a bit more trouble than he is worth. Last season with his terrible play against LA and now with the string of injuries. For Manu and a couple of others we can still get a quality play for the next couple of years. We'll see what happens.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manuuuuuuuuu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    driving me crazy here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He was talking about winning. Over the last decade, the Spurs have the best record of any team in any major professional sport. And they have all those banners hanging in the rafters.

You knew what he meant. Wait... Mavs fan? Maybe you didn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is not out for the season. Pop is pissed that Manu is not telling him about every little acky pain, so CIA Pop sat him down for the rodeo road trip, and is giving him new strict orders.
    "Despite playing with discomfort, Ginobili averaged 22.4 points, 5.7 rebounds and 4.1 assists in his last seven games."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...pe=team_report

Galileo again gets the scoop upfront.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs fans don't understand anything about winning..leave them alone..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder whether Manu and the Spurs knew that he was likely out for the season but Manu begged them to try to rest the injury and come back. That would explain a lot ... including Pop's rotation as of late. The only hope to win a championship right now is if Finley could somehow have a flashback year and somehow replace Ginobili. Also moving Hill to shooting guard from point guard would suddenly make a lot of sense. Benching Bowen also makes sense because without Ginobili, the Spurs wouldn't have enough offense to overcome his offensive shortcoming.

WTF, now the pieces are fitting and things make sense. I think we've been CIA Pop'ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now everything makes perfect sense. Pop knew the whole time there was a big chance Manu wasn't likely to make it through the entire playoff run

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder whether Manu and the Spurs knew that he was likely out for the season but Manu begged them to try to rest the injury and come back. That would explain a lot ... including Pop's rotation as of late. The only hope to win a championship right now is if Finley could somehow have a flashback year and somehow replace Ginobili. Also moving Hill to shooting guard from point guard would suddenly make a lot of sense. Benching Bowen also makes sense because without Ginobili, the Spurs wouldn't have enough offense to overcome his offensive shortcoming.

WTF, now the pieces are fitting and things make sense. I think we've been CIA Pop'ed.
    Dammit, timvp, you were supposed to keep that to yourself.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bull$&$*

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont believe it.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It also explain the signing of Gooden. To add more offensive power even though he isn't the greatest defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It also explain the signing of Gooden. To add more offensive power even though he isn't the greatest defender.
    True.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if that were the case then i think they shut manu down until the playoffs and not try to bring him back earlier

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if that were the case then i think they shut manu down until the playoffs and not try to bring him back earlier
    You gotta give him some games to find his rhythm. Can't unleash him in Game 1 of the first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, timvp. I just don't buy it. If that's really the intent, why play Manu for 36 minutes in Indiana?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, timvp. I just don't buy it. If that's really the intent, why play Manu for 36 minutes in Indiana?
    To see if he's healthy? You gotta kick the tires at some point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It really look like it.

I'd like to see A LOT of Hill in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now everything makes perfect sense. Pop knew the whole time there was a big chance Manu wasn't likely to make it through the entire playoff run
    You think they would knowingly take such a high risk? It's a possibility, but an outside one. It doesn't seem like Pop to plan around an injury waiting to happen. Although, the pieces do fit in a weird sort of way.

Thread Information