Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh no! why did Manu leave the house without his "proteccion"??

seriously... this really ing sucks!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about the reason to pretend that Ginobili is seriously hurt is to make it easier for the Spurs to get a 'big' trade done?

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Trade deadline time is the time for CIA Pop to be at its peak. I hope this talk is dead wrong.

I really, really hope.
    can't see any sense to leak such a rumor. what would this help?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NOooooOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! This cant be true... I dont understand what happened...was it in the Toronto game or something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That possibility may explain Tony Parker's fazed look throughout the entire game last night. Maybe the rest of the team already knows...
    Yes, I can confirm that we were originally told of the possibility of the seriousness of the injury prior to last night's game. While watching the game, I had that same feeling.

Can't really blame them, if true.

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then it would probably be broke.
    Even a broken ankle could probably heal before the season is over. I'm guessing a tear.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, there goes the season..it doesn't matter if Manu can even play, he has to be HEALTHY for us to go far..

it's ed up how the Boston was was the peak of our season..we were all happy since that game, we all believed we finally emerged as true contenders, it was a great effort....and since that game, everything has gone downhill..losses to Toronto and New York, and now Manu might be out for the season..

what a blow..

get your shoehorn ready... Joe Schmoogins's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs looked awfully flat yesterday against the Knicks... surely this is really weighing on the team...

Get well Manu...

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am hoping that this isn't true and is a ploy to help trade a decent player without dismantling the big 3. I wanna see doctors reports!!!

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    How does Ginobili's injury help the Spurs make a big trade? Doesn't it just make the Spurs look that much more desperate to land a big player like Carter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm trying to think of a motive but I just can't piece one together. The only thing I can think of is that teams are asking for Manu so by saying Manu is out for the season, teams won't pressure the Spurs for him.

But that's a gargantuan stretch and makes little sense.
    Timvp,

You're right...that makes little sense.

I know you are somewhat close to the situation. But are you saying the Spurs were trying to trade Manu?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I can confirm that we were originally told of the possibility of the seriousness of the injury prior to last night's game.
    wait, wait so you heard this last night. and you didn't hear anything new since then???

this is some freaky

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    :pray

And hoping for the best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First of all, I just want to reiterate that this isn't 100% that he's out.

When timvp and I heard from two people yesterday (one very good source/one relatively close source) that the injury was "most likely" season-ending, I didn't post it here because I'm not someone who is going to start a firestorm of incorrect rumors.

However, after a few more people said it today and the Yahoo article came out saying GMs were speculating a more serious injury, then we decided it was thread worthy.

Nothing is completely concrete at this point. As Spurs fans, we can just hope (or pray) that the speculation is off-base and that Manu will recover quickly. I'm sure it will be a couple days time before anything is confirmed one way or the other.

There are people who are still insisting that the injury is minor but that the Spurs are worried about it, so resting him while he goes through some tests.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That possibility may explain Tony Parker's fazed look throughout the entire game last night. Maybe the rest of the team already knows...
    A similar thought occurred to me. At times last night, the Spurs looked like a team that had all of the wind taken out of their sails. They all know that getting out of the West is going to be a chore with Manu; it's all but impossible without him (absent the acquisition of another great player).

Let's hope there's no fire here, but I have the feeling this won't turn out well.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timvp,

You're right...that makes little sense.

I know you are somewhat close to the situation. But are you saying the Spurs were trying to trade Manu?

Timvp was saying that the Spurs are saying Manu is hurt so teams will stop asking for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about the reason to pretend that Ginobili is seriously hurt is to make it easier for the Spurs to get a 'big' trade done?
    How do you mean? Like protecting the feelings of the fans because they're going to trade him? When we see him playing in another uniform we're going to figure it out

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm trying to think of a motive but I just can't piece one together. The only thing I can think of is that teams are asking for Manu so by saying Manu is out for the season, teams won't pressure the Spurs for him.

But that's a gargantuan stretch and makes little sense.
    I've been trying to think of a reason too. Could they be trying to make teams think that they are ripping off the Spurs in a deal when in actual fact the Spurs are willing to give up what the other team asks for? Sort of making the other team think they're getting a great deal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But are you saying the Spurs were trying to trade Manu?

No. The Spurs have never had serious talks about trading Manu. The only time they had something on the table that they actually considered was Manu for Sprewell back when Manu was a rookie. But they quickly decided against that trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs looked awfully flat yesterday against the Knicks... surely this is really weighing on the team...

Get well Manu...
    I thought the same thing last night. The Spurs' energy was flat last night and I got a sense they were going to lose and if the players knew that something has happened to Manu...that could be the reason.

Also, I just hope for the best with Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you mean? Like protecting the feelings of the fans because they're going to trade him? When we see him playing in another uniform we're going to figure it out
    More like making it easier for another GM to deal one of the top 3 teams in the league a 4th star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Truly sucks if its true and makes since why you keep hearing Spurs name associated with availabe swing players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since Wojnarowski is reporting that Manu's injury could be serious, it means that this info has spread around the league and that basically every GM knows it. If Spurs are keeping the injury secret because of the trade deadline, it makes no sense.
    The only valid reason why they don't communicate on it, is that they are looking for a second advice about it or that Manu needs some rest before doctors re-evaluates it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wait, wait so you heard this last night. and you didn't hear anything new since then???
    I think it was yesterday afternoon at first. And yes today we have gotten further negative confirmation . . .

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like making it easier for another GM to deal one of the top 3 teams in the league a 4th star.
    :pray

Thread Information