My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im sorry but

"We'll do it this time" Bartleby's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if he has been hurt since the GS game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh, no !!!

Get Well Soon, Manu !!!

We need you Manu !!!

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I can confirm that we were originally told of the possibility of the seriousness of the injury prior to last night's game. While watching the game, I had that same feeling.

Can't really blame them, if true.
    A similar thought occurred to me. At times last night, the Spurs looked like a team that had all of the wind taken out of their sails. They all know that getting out of the West is going to be a chore with Manu; it's all but impossible without him (absent the acquisition of another great player).

Let's hope there's no fire here, but I have the feeling this won't turn out well.
    Sometimes I hate being so darn intuitive...

Parker simply wasn't himself yesterday... his look, his lack of focus, the fact that he never really burst into his normal speed, even during Eva's mid-game interview I couldn't help but notice it looked like she'd been crying... And Duncan... I had flashbacks of the 2001 series against LA where he was demanding the ball trying to take the team on his back - he had that fiery-desperation look about him (and almost won the game in the 4th quarter).

I also thought Pop's outburst at Bonner in the first half was a bit over the top (even though I knew he would keep him in the game). Something was bothering Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if he has been hurt since the GS game.
    Bingo. I think that's where it might have began. But I don't think he's been playing on a season-ending injury. I think something might have happened after that to worsen it.

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure and get a high second round pick. Our first is in the hands of OKC.
    The pick is lottery protected...

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's silly!

The Spurs were not going to trade him..especially what he means to this franchise when he's healthy.

I know this is your chance to take a shot at the FO. But they have built a successful team with this trio and you would do everything you can to keep it going!!!
    this FO hasn't done !!! they've been riding TD's coattails ever since they won the lottery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the record, we simply don't know what type of injury/condition/illness that has people thinking Manu could be done for the season.

Obviously, first and foremost we should all hope it's nothing that will affect him outside of basketball. Then let's hope whatever it is allows him to return before the end of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh lord.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Do you guys have any expiring contracts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this FO hasn't done !!! they've been riding TD's coattails ever since they won the lottery
    What planet are you on...really?

That's just hating on the FO for no reason.

I guess the drafting of TP and Manu meant nothing.

Oh by the way...the Spurs have 3 of the last 6 championships with this trio.

Let never facts get in the way...of wanting to hate on someone!!

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the record, we simply don't know what type of injury/condition/illness that has people thinking Manu could be done for the season.

Obviously, first and foremost we should all hope it's nothing that will affect him outside of basketball. Then let's hope whatever it is allows him to return before the end of the season.
    Amen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing I can hope and pray is that the Spurs have made a deal with somebody to trade Manu and that team requested that Manu not play until the deal could be worked out.

Very far fetched. It looks like we are screwed.
    I'm praying this is the case. Not just becuase the spurs would be getting a new player but now more so for Manu's sake that he is not hurt this bad. Man, I feel like all the wind has been taken out of me right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh no, please don't let this be true. And if it is, all the best to Manu, who has given everything to the Spurs.

But again, i still hope. Nevertheless, thanks to kori and timvp for sharing, even if is something possibly devastating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you guys have any expiring contracts?
    Udoka, Vaughn and maybe something else. Nothing worth much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have this feeling that maybe the Spurs "might be" making Manus injury worse than it is really to lessen a deal for VC. I can not believe Manu is really that hurt.
    wouldn't this mean the Spurs would downplay Manu's injury (which it seems they are) so that other teams don't try and screw them? if they go into a trade negotiation looking desperate, the other team can ask for more and expect to get it if they're really desperate.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dammit.....................just dammit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow...this day just keeps getting better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I actually am praying it's not career ending illness/injury. Anything else is good news at this point.

Love and Basketball MateoNeygro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just invented six new cuss words in my head. I'm not sure how they are spelled, but they are very strong.
    hahaha FuuckinSonofa came to mind.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Manu already knew something was wrong.

This one is from Friday

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/s...eal_break.html

But didn't Manu say in an interview he was going to stay home & try to get in shape during the all star break?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wouldn't this mean the Spurs would downplay Manu's injury (which it seems they are) so that other teams don't try and screw them? if they go into a trade negotiation looking desperate, the other team can ask for more and expect to get it if they're really desperate.
    Good point....now that I think about it!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like making it easier for another GM to deal one of the top 3 teams in the league a 4th star.
    Hopefully this is true. Perhaps by leaking Manu is possibly out for the season, another team wouldn't be as worried about giving the Spurs the final piece to a juggernaut.

Unlikely but CIA Pop has done craftier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I asked Manu in the game in NJ if he was going anywhere during the All Star break, and he said no, because he wanted to stay in San Antonio to do more workouts since he didn't do the preseason workouts and he wanted to get in better shape.
    I personally still think this is a CIA Pop move to basically remove Manu as a trade bargaining chip. I bet a few teams wouldn't trade if Manu was not part of the package, and now maybe they will be forced to look at other pieces from the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Holy ! I wasn't even thinking about anything more serious than an ankle injury.

Thread Information