Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully this is true. Perhaps by leaking Manu is possibly out for the season, another team wouldn't be as worried about giving the Spurs the final piece to a juggernaut.

Unlikely but CIA Pop has done craftier.
    Timvp,

If that's true...that would be really crafty!

I hope so!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh son!

Ah well ..... They got to pull through and Learn to play with out him....

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully this is true. Perhaps by leaking Manu is possibly out for the season, another team wouldn't be as worried about giving the Spurs the final piece to a juggernaut.

If that happened,

and Ginobili magically came back in the middle of March.

Pop should have a freaking statue erected to him.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Sometimes I hate being so darn intuitive...
    Parker simply wasn't himself yesterday... his look, his lack of focus, the fact that he never really burst into his normal speed, even during Eva's mid-game interview I couldn't help but notice it looked like she'd been crying... And Duncan... I had flashbacks of the 2001 series against LA where he was demanding the ball trying to take the team on his back - he had that fiery-desperation look about him (and almost won the game in the 4th quarter).
    Wow that would explain alot

I really hope so...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I asked Manu in the game in NJ if he was going anywhere during the All Star break, and he said no, because he wanted to stay in San Antonio to do more workouts since he didn't do the preseason workouts and he wanted to get in better shape.
    I personally still think this is a CIA Pop move to basically remove Manu as a trade bargaining chip. I bet a few teams wouldn't trade if Manu was not part of the package, and now maybe they will be forced to look at other pieces from the Spurs.
    I really hope you are right.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    quickly, someone revive the tank 08-09 season thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Ludden can bring something soon

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is still Tim Duncan's team.

Offense, Defense and Leadership, Tim Duncan is, in my book, absolutely one of the top 10 players to ever play basketball.

And he's still an elite player in the NBA.

We'll go as far as Tim Duncan takes us.

And he's got a great track record.

No matter what, Tim brought us 4 trophies and Manu and Tony were solid contributors to 3.

So, whatever happens, this has been an awesome trio which has brought us a lot of great memories.

Love My Spurs !!!

Hope Manu gets well soon though !!

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I was going to suggest a JRich trade for a couple of the Spurs expiring contracts (since the Suns need financial relief), but I don't see how a trade could be made to satisfy both teams.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was going to suggest a JRich trade for a couple of the Spurs expiring contracts (since the Suns need financial relief), but I don't see how a trade could be made to satisfy both teams.

While I'd normally say yuck.

Uh, now I'd be like Hmmmm..

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This would suck ass. I hope all teams are healthy heading into the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope you are right.
    I do too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1

I want all teams to be healthy...to see who can the win le fair and square.

Love and Basketball MateoNeygro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes I hate being so darn intuitive...

Parker simply wasn't himself yesterday... his look, his lack of focus, the fact that he never really burst into his normal speed, even during Eva's mid-game interview I couldn't help but notice it looked like she'd been crying... And Duncan... I had flashbacks of the 2001 series against LA where he was demanding the ball trying to take the team on his back - he had that fiery-desperation look about him (and almost won the game in the 4th quarter).

I also thought Pop's outburst at Bonner in the first half was a bit over the top (even though I knew he would keep him in the game). Something was bothering Pop.
    This isn't good but everybody is making it sound like he's dying or something. Ya'll are freakin me out. Why would Eva be crying about an ankle injury?? If there is any truth to the fact that they know he's hurt or sick or whatever I don't think it's an ankle thing if anything I think it's a cover up because he was playing well on the ankle before the All Star Game, if anything he's sick. I prey to God he isn't. Bless you El Contusion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a general question, and not meant as any speculation at all...but what kind of injury protection/insurance is on your average NBA contract that could help the Spurs in case it's a season ending (or worse) injury? I know some guys can't get any insurance at all (Eddy Curry's bad heart, etc.) and there was the Darius Miles situation from earlier this year...so I guess I'm wondering...is it a team-by-team basis (the teams negotiate their own insurance on every contract) or is it a leaguewide policy?

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this is true...this has got to be the most injury plagued season i have ever seen in the NBA.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    IronMexican is all class.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What planet are you on...really?

That's just hating on the FO for no reason.

I guess the drafting of TP and Manu meant nothing.

Oh by the way...the Spurs have 3 of the last 6 championships with this trio.

Let never facts get in the way...of wanting to hate on someone!!

all brought to you by TD and the 97 lottery, the rest of their picks were no better than any other NBA team, exchange TD with the best player on any other team, and it's still TD getting 4+ rings, Not the spurs
    I'll give them credit for being the first team to scout and draft foreign players, but they didn't get out when the rest of the league quickly followed suit.

LA went out and GOT players for their championships
    Miami, Boston, and Detroit as well, the Spurs never have had to do anything risky, strategic, or expensive to go after a le
    it all gust fell in their ing laps, and now not being able to see the decline of Manu is going to end up costing TD even more les
    Last edited by vander; 02-18-2009 at 06:10 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hahaha Eva was crying?

comeon. this is going overboard. Worst case: Manu out for season Best case: Manu plays in 2 weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My prayers go out to Manu. I mentioned yesterday that Tony looked like he was playing depressed. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manu for carter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, whatever happens, this has been an awesome trio which has brought us a lot of great memories.

Love My Spurs !!!

Hope Manu gets well soon though !!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't good but everybody is making it sound like he's dying or something. Ya'll are freakin me out. Why would Eva be crying about an ankle injury?? If there is any truth to the fact that they know he's hurt or sick or whatever I don't think it's an ankle thing if anything I think it's a cover up because he was playing well on the ankle before the All Star Game, if anything he's sick. I prey to God he isn't. Bless you El Contusion.
    Yeah I don't think Eva would cry over an ankle injury no matter how bad unless it was Tony's, but not Manu. If she was crying for something else than it was bad... really bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maybe it would have been a good idea but I don't think our front office would even consider it with the Law troubles he has been into as of late

Thread Information