Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With both ankles hurt, does anyone think Ginobili may be breaking down already? He's played sooo much basketball... I just don't know how much he is going to be worth after next season or if he is ever going to be a guy that plays 60+ games a season anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he should get a BIG PAYCUT
    and short term
    spurs will not resign him to a longterm deal now though

unity in diversity
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is true. He has had too many health problems to be relied upon for the future. That does not mean the Spurs should cast him off, but they should keep him in a reserve roll, reduce his minutes even further, and develop some of the other young talent we have access to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also do not be surpised if nuggets offer him a long term deal and he leaves

bitch holla if u swalla new_N_town's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wish nothing but malice on him if he does take up another teams offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I remember hearing Manu saying he wouldn't play for another NBA team except the Spurs, and if the Spurs wouldn't have him, he'd go back to Argentina and play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sj said pop was his only coach to then he went to the hawks now gs

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    He might play with Scola

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might play with Scola
    yeah he and ncgrady can have fun on the bench together hurt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I remember hearing Manu saying he wouldn't play for another NBA team except the Spurs, and if the Spurs wouldn't have him, he'd go back to Argentina and play.
    When/where did you "hear" this?

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Financially, not only is manu a huge fan favorite in SA but also gives the Spurs a global market along with Parker. They will definitely sign him. He makes too much money for the team for them to let him go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu. He's always injured when the games count.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Financially, not only is manu a huge fan favorite in SA but also gives the Spurs a global market along with Parker. They will definitely sign him. He makes too much money for the team for them to let him go.
    He makes money for the team when he is playing. He may not have too much left in the tank is the problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This latest injury undoubtedly hurts his ability to negotiate with the Spurs. That first ankle injury could have been seen as someone of an isolated incident. This latest injury could be a signal that his body is just breaking down.

That said, if he can come back and have a strong playoff run, a two-year extension makes sense this summer. The Spurs could potentially lock him into a lower than open market rate and Ginobili would have the added security in case his injuries become chronic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's probably not good for his SA future that they tabled the extension talks after his ankle surgery...and he's hurt again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he leaves take oberto

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a lack of respect? This guy probably lives in Dallas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude that's pretty harsh. Manu has helped this team in numerous ways including winning Championships. You remember his drives when no one else wanted to get punished. Give the guy a chance to come back and help us in the playoffs before you disregard him like that.

If you have DVD of the Spurs Championship when manu played, you should check him out and then ask yourself if we could have done it without him. He was an integral part of the puzzle. This latest injury is 100% recoverable. He'll be back. Have some faith in a team (and Manu) that has helped bring this city more Championships than any small market ever is supposed to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude that's pretty harsh. Manu has helped this team in numerous ways including winning Championships. You remember his drives when no one else wanted to get punished. Give the guy a chance to come back and help us in the playoffs before you disregard him like that.

If you have DVD of the Spurs Championship when manu played, you should check him out and then ask yourself if we could have done it without him. He was an integral part of the puzzle. This latest injury is 100% recoverable. He'll be back. Have some faith in a team (and Manu) that has helped bring this city more Championships than any small market ever is supposed to win.
    since the 2005 PO where manu was great and a big part of our le and arguably a finals MVP:

2006 PO: killed us with the famous foul on Dirk
    2007 PO: overall really average: 16.7 ppg at only 40 % FG
    2008 PO: hurt and hampered so useless at best, if not hurting his own team

Manu REALLY NEEDS to be good these PO or it will be four straight years, for different reasons, of disappointing PO performances for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This latest injury undoubtedly hurts his ability to negotiate with the Spurs. That first ankle injury could have been seen as someone of an isolated incident. This latest injury could be a signal that his body is just breaking down.

That said, if he can come back and have a strong playoff run, a two-year extension makes sense this summer. The Spurs could potentially lock him into a lower than open market rate and Ginobili would have the added security in case his injuries become chronic.
    +1

Plus we don't have the talent to compete for a championship without him. And you can't get equal value in return right now. Not to mention that we don't have enough until 2010 in cap room to sign a substantial talent.
    Luckily, we have a coaching staff and a medical staff that will make an informed decision about this, unlike the hacks like ducks over here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    since the 2005 PO where manu was great and a big part of our le and arguably a finals MVP:

Manu REALLY NEEDS to be good these PO or it will be four straight years, for different reasons, of disappointing PO performances for him.
    You really have short memory. Tim Duncan had planar fasciitis in 2006. You don't lose a 7 game series in one play. Plus if not for Manu, we're not in position to win that game anyways (he nailed a huge trey the play before to give us the first lead in the game). Without Manu, that series doesn't make it to 7 games.

In 2007 he was huge when it mattered. He single handledy won us a game in Utah on the road. He and Oberto finished off the Cavs at the end of the championship game.

In 2008 he was also instrumental in winning the Suns series (with his penetration, and winning basket against the pivotal double OT game 1), and against the Hornets on the road for game 7. Not to mention he carried us pretty much the entire regular season.

If you want to hate just for hating, go ahead. But get your right before you start making a fool out of yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

+1

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really have short memory. Tim Duncan had planar fasciitis in 2006. You don't lose a 7 game series in one play. Plus if not for Manu, we're not in position to win that game anyways (he nailed a huge trey the play before to give us the first lead in the game). Without Manu, that series doesn't make it to 7 games.

In 2007 he was huge when it mattered. He single handledy won us a game in Utah on the road. He and Oberto finished off the Cavs at the end of the championship game.

In 2008 he was also instrumental in winning the Suns series (with his penetration, and winning basket against the pivotal double OT game 1), and against the Hornets on the road for game 7. Not to mention he carried us pretty much the entire regular season.

If you want to hate just for hating, go ahead. But get your right before you start making a fool out of yourself.
    well said...how can a guy who has done this much for the organization both on and off the court get so much disrespect from people that claim to be fans...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We won a championship in 2007! He had some great plays and not all Manu does can be summed up with numbers. Pop calls it all the time, he brings energy to the floor, makes a steal here or there and YES, makes mistakes (the foul in 2006, how can any of us forget). But, we didn't lose that round solely because of Manu.

YES, he was hurt in 2008, that's why POP wants him healthy for this run. So, you can blame 2008 on Manu because he was unhealthy in the finals. Regardless, I agree we need him to be Manu again, and I also agree if he doesn't show up in these playoffs, his contract may very well be screwed.
    But you cannot deny he brings a lot to our team and has helped our team win Championships.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, you are right.
    manu should turn down any contract from other teams and pay to play for the spurs...
    that makes sense.

Thread Information