Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another hurricane aside is that Miami-Dade has outbid/paying more for debris removal than Broward County - I hear that Weston (in Broward) has told their residents that they are responsible for debris removal (that their city is not doing it). Needless to say trucks and whatever you call (like a claw) is in high demand. Some unscrupulous stuff going on too - reports of trucks picking up debris in one neighborhood and dumping in another - I hope they catch these cheats and take away their license.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, you're going to act like they never did any planning and coordinating at all now. Lazy Puerto Ricans!

Nice.

Trump feels hurt and everyone has to attack on his behalf.
    Those are your words. It should be obvious that the priority must be to open up the infrastructure to speed recovery - that includes the airports, ports, highways and roads.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Those are your words.
    Trump's words, actually.
    It should be obvious that the priority must be to open up the infrastructure to speed recovery - that includes the airports, ports, highways and roads.
    What makes you think they aren't making that a priority?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are all advised (on the radio, TV) to have 3 days of water and food - that's probably how long it takes to get the airports, bridges, docks, highways checked and cleared. Then the food, water and supplies can get to you or vice versa.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Really, you're just using this as an opportunity to brag how awesome you are during a hurricane compared to Puerto Ricans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really, you're just using this as an opportunity to brag how awesome you are during a hurricane compared to Puerto Ricans.
    Me? Give credit to the awesome job that Miami-Dade and the state of Florida governments did? Surely you jest.

Seriously, though, I try to give credit where credit is due.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Me? Give credit to the awesome job that Miami-Dade and the state of Florida governments did? Surely you jest.

Seriously, though, I try to give credit where credit is due.
    No jest. It's just been a mix of how great anyone but Puerto Rico has been after Trump got upset.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Think hard about what you just posted, ducks.
    That would be the first time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No jest. It's just been a mix of how great anyone but Puerto Rico has been after Trump got upset.
    Geography has a lot to do with it. When Andrew hit, help came from the north and the south and all around (all the connecting roadways). Key West was hard hit too but there is only one way in (over long bridge that had to be checked out). Right after the hurricane, when the cops were only letting in Key West residents to check on their property, there were reports of people using boats to get down there and loot.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Job to plan ask fed what if someone happens timeline for help
    what the is this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are all advised (on the radio, TV) to have 3 days of water and food - that's probably how long it takes to get the airports, bridges, docks, highways checked and cleared. Then the food, water and supplies can get to you or vice versa.
    If only the Puerto Ricans had all thought to store 3 days of food water and supplies. There'd be no shortage of money, gas or electricity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing Puerto Ricans ....wanting Americans to do all the work for other Americans that don't really feel like actual Americans.

We should force them to build a wall too, imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Russello has praised the U.S. response to the crisis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only the Puerto Ricans had all thought to store 3 days of food water and supplies. There'd be no shortage of money, gas or electricity.
    That was for mainland US - not an island. That's the whole point of my posts - that Miami/Houston are connected in multiple ways/roads. And that Key West and Puerto Rico are not - severely hampering recovery efforts. It's not so much a response thing as a logistic (because of geography) thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was for mainland US - not an island. That's the whole point of my posts - that Miami/Houston are connected in multiple ways/roads. And that Key West and Puerto Rico are not - severely hampering recovery efforts. It's not so much a response thing as a logistic (because of geography) thing.
    Your backpedaling is duly noted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald J. Trump realDonaldTrump
    ·
    7m
    Just spoke to Governor Kenneth Mapp of the U.S. Virgin Islands who stated that #FEMA and Military are doing a GREAT job! Thank you Governor!

Donald J. Trump
    Donald J. Trump realDonaldTrump
    ·
    18m
    The Governor of Puerto Rico, Ricardo Rossello, is a great guy and leader who is really working hard. Thank you Ricky!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    trump says trump is doing a great job.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for your point, yes, having money always gives one more options. But when there's a rush on gas, canned food and water, having more money (I don't mean if you have your own plane) does not get you more of these items - you're still limited to a full gas tank, 2 gas containers and 3 cases of water (at Costco) and you're not getting electricity back any sooner than anyone else. In the case of Coral Gables, it'll take longer as older, expensive central areas tend to have very mature landscaping and are a pain to get to to restore power.

Another hurricane aside - my aunt never lost electricity since she lives in an area with a lot of FPL electricians and close to a fire station. She felt slightly guilty over it while everyone was suffering in the heat. I didn't begrudge them electricity and good nights' sleep since we were all dependent on them to get back power. Now she doesn't want to downsize and leave that area - lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pence visits FEMA headquarters as Trump defends response to Puerto Rico

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trump says trump is doing a great job.
    Yes.

This actually works for the Trumpeters.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lost weekend: How Trump’s time at his golf club hurt the response to Maria

on Wednesday, Sept. 20, there was a frenzy of activity publicly and privately. The next day, President Trump called local officials on the island, issued an emergency declaration and pledged that all federal resources would be directed to help.

But then for four days after that — as storm-ravaged Puerto Rico struggled for food and water amid the darkness of power outages — Trump and his top aides effectively went dark themselves.

Trump nor any of his senior White House aides said a word publicly about the unfolding crisis.

Trump did hold a meeting at his golf club that Friday with half a dozen Cabinet officials — including acting Homeland Security secretary Elaine Duke, who oversees disaster response — but the gathering was to discuss his new travel ban, not the hurricane.

He spent much of his time over those four days fixated on his escalating public feuds with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, with fellow Republicans in Congress and with the National Football Leagueover protests during the national anthem.

Even though local officials had said publicly as early as Sept. 20, the day of the storm, that the island was “destroyed,” the sense of urgency didn’t begin to penetrate the White House until Monday,

“The Trump administration was slow off the mark,”

We’ve invaded small countries faster than we’ve been helping American citizens in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.”

Trump’s public schedule Monday was devoid of any meetings related to the storm, but he was becoming frustrated by the coverage he was seeing on TV

At a dinner Monday evening with conservative leaders at the White House, Trump opened the gathering by briefly lamenting the tragedy unfolding in Puerto Rico before launching into a lengthy diatribe against Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) over his opposition to the Republicans’ failed health-care bill

He blamed the island’s financial woes and ailing infrastructure for the difficult recovery process.

It had taken until Monday — five days after Maria made landfall — for the first senior administration officials from Washington to touch down to survey the damage firsthand.

The administration still fumbled at key moments after stepping up its response. A week after landfall, Trump still had not waived the Jones Act, a law that barred foreign-flagged vessels from delivering aid to Puerto Rico. Such a waiver had been granted for previous hurricanes this year.

Trump said Wednesday that “a lot of shippers and . . . a lot of people that work in the shipping industry” didn’t want it lifted.

( Trash supporting scammers, gougers, racketeers who have been profiting from the Jones Act since its beginning. )

“the government of Puerto Rico will have to work with us to determine how this massive rebuilding effort . . . will be funded and organized,” and he referred to the “tremendous amount of existing debt” on the island.

($Bs of PR debt was falsely created by the mercantilist Jones Act)

Trump’s rosy assessment of the federal response has also contrasted sharply with the comments of federal officials on the ground.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.1e3eee94410c

iow, Trash is lying/gaslighting the world trying to prevent PR/Maria being his Katrina.

Heckuva job, Trashie

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Christ Trump is still tweeting about the mayor. Lol Captain Triggered

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fema disputed those claims. trump needs to stop the immature twitter games and get done.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    nia4_trump #snapchatlensfiltertrust

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and instead of helping solve the problem, the president is on lying on his stomach tweeting on his cellphone. hurry the up and help them!

Thread Information