Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christ Trump is still tweeting about the mayor. Lol Captain Triggered
    "Russel L. Honoré, the retired lieutenant general who took over the response to Hurricane Katrina in 2005 after an initially inadequate federal effort, also noted the president’s weekend retreat. “The mayor’s living on a cot, and I hope the president has a good day at golf,”*he said*on CNN."

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/3...ww.google.com/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and instead of helping solve the problem, the president is on lying on his stomach tweeting on his cellphone. hurry the up and help them!
    And what would you have Trump do? The food, water, supplies are there - it's a distribution, supply chain, logistics problem. Do you want Trump to send the military in to clear the roads? That's what the local government is supposed to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And what would you have Trump do? The food, water, supplies are there - it's a distribution, supply chain, logistics problem. Do you want Trump to send the military in to clear the roads? That's what the local government is supposed to do.
    i would like for him to show leadership, get off his stomach, log off of twitter, put his phone down and get on the first thing smokin' to PR. and i don't want tohear that logistics problem excuse. figure the out.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

New York Army National Guard Soldiers of the 204th Engineer Battalion clear debris from Mill Valley Road in Middleburgh N.Y. following floods caused by Hurricane Irene. Soldiers are assisting authorities by clearing debris so food and supplies can be delivered to flood victims. (Photo Credit: Dennis Gravelle, New York Army National Guard)

Stupid, lazy, ungrateful Puerto Ricans!

I would say if PR doesn't have this kind of National Guard presence the governor can deploy, yeah -- the military could probably be useful.
    Last edited by Pavlov; 09-30-2017 at 05:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one thing only Trump can do to help Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico needs more money — but Trump needs to ask first.

It's going to require Congress to pass a relief package to free up more federal dollars to fix the island's infrastructure problems. But

first, the White House needs to send a request to Congress for the money. Trump hasn't even gotten that started. …

So far, the White House hasn't announced plans to ask for similar help.

Until that happens, federal workers are doing what they can to help Puerto Rico respond with the minimal amount of resources.

But that won't be enough to rebuild the island. It won't even get the lights back on.

It's going to require Congress to pass a relief package to free up more federal dollars to fix the island's infrastructure problems.

But first, the White House needs to send a request to Congress for the money. Trump hasn't even gotten that started. …

So far, the White House hasn't announced plans to ask for similar help.

Until that happens, federal workers are doing what they can to help Puerto Rico respond with the minimal amount of resources.

But that won't be enough to rebuild the island. It won't even get the lights back on.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...congress-funds

Trash hasn't asked for funding for PR, but he has whined about PR's long-term debt and infrastructure crisis, which has been made worse, ever created by, over the DECADES, and the Jones Act.

===============

100-year-old Jones Act also s over another US island in big ocean, big water, lots of big water

KEEPING UP WITH THE JONES ACT

http://www.hawaiibusiness.com/keepin...the-jones-act/

Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-30-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would like for him to show leadership, get off his stomach, log off of twitter, put his phone down and get on the first thing smokin' to PR. and i don't want tohear that logistics problem excuse. figure the out.
    Trump personally going to PR is not going to help matters. It'll make things worse if the roads are impassable with the security/secret service and media that follows him.

They need trucks and heavy equipment and people who can operate them to clear the roads so that this stuff can get to the people.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh look, the military has already been helping in the effort to clear debris.

During the last week, the military has relied primarily on moving relief supplies and launching search-and-rescue operations from the Kearsarge, an amphibious assault ship staged between Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. National Guard members along with Marines and sailors from the Kearsarge had cleared runways at 10 of the island’s airports by Wednesday, drastically increasing the flow of aircraft flying onto the island, Davis said.
    https://www.stripes.com/news/pentago...5#.WdAXr237a00

Nope. Puerto Ricans should get no help with this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Army Corps: Puerto Rico looks a lot like Iraq in 2003

The power infrastructure is in ruins, and huge logistical hurdles lie ahead.

for Col. James DeLapp, commander of the Recovery Field Office for Puerto Rico at the US Army Corps of Engineers, the scene on the ground — and the challenge ahead — looks lot like what the Army Corps faced after the 2003 US invasion of Iraq.

“We had a very similar situation following the opening of the Iraq War,” said DeLapp. “This is very reminiscent of that type of effort.”

The island’s utility monopoly, Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority, is $9 billion in debt and missed an interest payment in July, as Vox’s Alexia Fernández Campbell explained.

Its power lines, transformers, and generators suffered from neglect, making it one of the most expensive and least reliable electricity grids in the United States.

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-envir...urricane-maria

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump personally going to PR is not going to help matters. It'll make things worse if the roads are impassable with the security/secret service and media that follows him.

They need trucks and heavy equipment and people who can operate them to clear the roads so that this stuff can get to the people.
    him going there shows the citizens of PR their president cares about them and lifts the peoples spirits. it shows leadership and gets the ball rolling. they have ports there...he can take stay on a cruise ship for all i care. tired of the excuses for this clown.

yes they need trucks and machinery and he needs to see it gets there ASAP...not tweeting and insulting the PR mayor or sucking his own .

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And what would you have Trump do?
    How about start with acting like a leader instead of a petulant whiny on social media? Or is that too much to ask from the leader of the Free world?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    him going there shows the citizens of PR their president cares about them and lifts the peoples spirits. it shows leadership and gets the ball rolling. they have ports there...he can take stay on a cruise ship for all i care. tired of the excuses for this clown.

yes they need trucks and machinery and he needs to see it gets there ASAP...not tweeting and insulting the PR mayor or sucking his own .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let honore take control. when katrina hit and bush was standing there with his thumb up his ass, honore got the job done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hurricane Katrina hero Honoré defends San Juan mayor from Trump attacks: ‘She’s trying to care for her people’

Speaking from the ground in San Juan, CNN contributor and retired Army Lt. Russel L. Honoré, who lead New Orleans’ response to Hurricane Katrina a decade ago, defended the mayor that the president criticized online from his golf resort in New Jersey.

“She’s trying to care for her people,” Honoré said. “She’s putting out a cry for help.”

Cruz, he continued, is “going around getting medicine for her people.”

“Enough is enough,” said Cruz. “The world will see how we are treated — not as second-class citizens, but as animals that can be disposed of.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/hur...e+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Trump is shook about something. 18 tweets today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You did 30 post here

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He sees a PR disaster as his PR (public relations) disaster

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You did 30 post here
    Get back to us with the total number of your kneeling protest posts, m'kay?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not working today just ask cnn

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Not working today just ask cnn
    When is he ever working?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    How about start with acting like a leader instead of a petulant whiny on social media? Or is that too much to ask from the leader of the Free world?
    This.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the "ring" road is clear, tons of goods are there waiting, but not enough drivers.

how about paying mainland truck drivers big premiums and OT (like the electrical, network people get) to drive in PR?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the "ring" road is clear, tons of goods are there waiting, but not enough drivers.

how about paying mainland truck drivers big premiums and OT (like the electrical, network people get) to drive in PR?
    You mean those who are getting big premiums to drive in Miami and Broward for the next few months? Who would go to PR when they can stay in the US and get paid a lot? And where are these people going to stay and eat?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean those who are getting big premiums to drive in Miami and Broward for the next few months? Who would go to PR when they can stay in the US and get paid a lot? And where are these people going to stay and eat?
    how about European drivers? long-haul trucking in Europe is also a huge industry

I don't expect Trash's FEMA to get creative in the face of the crisis. They get paid with no accountability for results or lack of.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And communicate - in Spanish?

Probably have problems because they will have to hire licensed/insured companies/drivers.

Thread Information