Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marcus Williams looked like he belonged out there, and wasn't intimidated at all. Reminds me of George Hill early in the season.

How long before Pop kills his confidence?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you need to buy new glasses

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually disagree..

he only played like 2 minutes, but he doesn't have the swagger of an NBA player..he looks weak..

that's probably my biased opinion though, since I'm a big Hairston supporter..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    guess pop thought he needed a toothpick to clean his teeth with on the bench.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh-oh, that didn't take long. Here comes the next wave of pseudo-GM's/head coaches predicting another D-Leaguer's greatness (just like Ian, Malik, Gist, etc).

He only played in the last two minutes when the game was out of reach. I could have looked good out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even if he pans out, pop will kill him sooner or later unless he turns out to be mentally tough like tp/manu/duncan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he hit his first jumper, at a time when no one could hit a shot to save their lives. That's always encouraging.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should get more minutes, but he'll remain a garbage man I'm sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought he looked good out there too. That last move on offense was pretty nice hehe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not judging him on his actual play..it's impossible to tell, he only played a minute..I'm judging him by his body language, and how he looked guarding Roy on that 1 possession..I don't care about the results, because Roy is a great player..when I look at young players, I look at their body language and demeanor..

Williams just looks like a weak player..he certainly played the part in his first stints with the Spurs..

it just makes no sense to me to get rid of Hairston, a guy that showed a lot of promise, even against other NBA talent..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even if he pans out, pop will kill him sooner or later unless he turns out to be mentally tough like tp/manu/duncan

That's the only point. No new/young player is going to have a chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well no he looked good out there, that's an authentic Spurs jersey he's wearing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh-oh, that didn't take long. Here comes the next wave of pseudo-GM's/head coaches predicting another D-Leaguer's greatness (just like Ian, Malik, Gist, etc).
    He only played in the last two minutes when the game was out of reach. I could have looked good out there.
    Uh-oh, here comes the arm chair athlete. Assuming that he could hit a step back jumper under pressure in the paint during an NBA game. I didn't see any predictions being made about how well the guy is going to play after his short play tonight. Quit jumping all over people. That ain't keepin' it real.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, it's so easy anybody can do it. I'm sure you'd at least be a D-League standout, if you didn't have to give up your career as a brain surgeon.

My only point is that he looked loose out there - and he won't for long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard Pops is projected to be an all star next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's lame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why else would the Raptors have signed him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I posted this in the game blog thread but I thought it might belong in here more.

He looked realy bad imo. He does not have an NBA body at all. I think they want MW to be a small foward. Every NBA small fowards will eat him alive let alone shooting guards, or even most point guards for that matter. Did you see him fly about 15 feet when Roy went to drive on him? All a player has to do is sneeze an he will have a free lane.

WTH Pop...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh-oh, here comes the arm chair athlete. Assuming that he could hit a step back jumper under pressure in the paint during an NBA game. I didn't see any predictions being made about how well the guy is going to play after his short play tonight. Quit jumping all over people. That ain't keepin' it real.
    Wait for it ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not judging him on his actual play..it's impossible to tell, he only played a minute..I'm judging him by his body language, and how he looked guarding Roy on that 1 possession..I don't care about the results, because Roy is a great player..when I look at young players, I look at their body language and demeanor..

Williams just looks like a weak player..he certainly played the part in his first stints with the Spurs..

it just makes no sense to me to get rid of Hairston, a guy that showed a lot of promise, even against other NBA talent..
    Like Lebron and Melo. Hairston is a strong defensive player who can drive and finish, idk what MW has over him, but it better be good. Maybe he is Fins's half-cousin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Lebron and Melo. Hairston is a strong defensive player who can drive and finish, idk what MW has over him, but it better be good. Maybe he is Fins's half-cousin.
    So Hairston is like LeBron and Melo?

I agree completely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just an all star? Check my sig.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously guys? It was one game, his first game this year, in limited minutes when the team was tanking. Give it a rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he wants to stay on the roster, he'd better not let Pop see him dunk.

Thread Information