Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like Cotton Camby at all. Extremely overrated defender and a China Doll on top of that. Camby looks great on paper, but not so good in real life (unless you compared him to Bonner).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's on 7.6mil this season, expiring 2010, so if we could ship out Bonner and one for the other $4mil guys (Finley/Fab) for him as a one year stopgap, DO IT!

Don't see him as any more than a one year stopgap though (he's 35).

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like Cotton Camby at all. Extremely overrated defender and a China Doll on top of that. Camby looks great on paper, but not so good in real life (unless you compared him to Bonner).

This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, he is overrated as an individual defender, but in the Spurs system, he is almost a perfect fit. Plus, his rebounding is not overrated. There are some questions (health...) but I think most of that was hating his life as a Clipper.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, he is overrated as an individual defender, but in the Spurs system, he is almost a perfect fit. Plus, his rebounding is not overrated. There are some questions (health...) but I think most of that was hating his life as a Clipper.

His health has been a problem his whole damn career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His health has been a problem his whole damn career.
    True, but not counting this unmotivated year, he only missed 15 games the previous 2 years before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is there anyway that the clippers could buy him out?

George Hill: 2-Guard NewJerSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An off-and-on outside jumper that he loves to take more than he should but can make, relentless shot-blocking (which we haven't had consitnetly from two bigs since Dave's departure), good on the boards, and can throw it down.....no real post-up game to speak of. Didn't realize he was getting up there in age though which won't help injury recovery time any. Hmmmm.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude has a glass body

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends what we can get him for.

Show me proof.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need a big and a shooter and the le is ours. camby/redd or sheed/jefferson or camby/jefferson or sheed/redd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I'd rather see the Spurs trade their expiring contracts on a wing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers just won the lottery so they added more salary
    Does it increase the chances of a trade for Camby?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say this increases the chances of the Clips moving a big for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Camby will most likely get the best player for the Clippers. A 7 or 8 million dollar expiring contract would be a great way to get a good player from one of the 2010 teams so contract space is made.

However, I don't want the Spurs to get Camby because Ian will get no playing time unless more movement is made with our bigs.
    Chances are that SA would ship one or more bigs in any potential trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares if Ian does not play? It is not like he won't get his chance. Spurs need an upgrade at center. If they can get Camby or Kaman, then they do it. Ian will have his shot to beat out KT/Bonner, and if he cannot, then he does not deserve to play next year.

Spurs are in win now mode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares if Ian does not play? It is not like he won't get his chance. Spurs need an upgrade at center. If they can get Camby or Kaman, then they do it. Ian will have his shot to beat out KT/Bonner, and if he cannot, then he does not deserve to play next year.

Spurs are in win now mode.
    Well said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at this point will Ian ever en play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say this increases the chances of the Clips moving a big for sure.
    I think Kaman is a more likely trade target, as the salary savings for Camby vs. whoever the Spurs would trade for Camby is a wash. Same year, same dollars.

Now...you might also be able to pry DeAndre Jordan off their hands since the "New Young Big" seat is now taken by the #1 pick. Kaman + DeAndre Jordan to sweeten the extra years of the Kaman contract might be something the Clippers would shop around, but I don't think that combo would be worth the 2010 plan.

It'd be worth asking if the Clips would take a second rounder or two for DeAndre Jordan, IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kaman or Camby would be great. Not sure why Clips would do it though. Also don't see us fitting the Kaman contract into the cap. Camby is a nice fit since he doesn't need the ball but gets lots of board and blocks. His contract is too good, $7.6 million, for what he brings I think for the Clips to do that deal with what little we could offer. Better to just roster Camby and Kaman. They can easily afford it with the second lowest payroll in the league. Why make a move that downgrades their roster? That same basic problem exists with other potential teams we might trade with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clippers have 3 very highly paid post guys, 1 guy with potential (or potential-potential) and the #1 pick is a post guy. I'm pretty sure they'll be dealing 1 or 2 of them.

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, Camby is one of the most overrated player in the NBA.
    He would be an upgrade over current Spurs bigs but I'm not ready to trade a player like Hill to get him.
    And I rather have Sheed than Camby.
    Of course, you would most likely need to commit multiple years to Sheed vs a 1 yr committment for Camby. Even though I agree Sheed>Camby, given their age, I like the shorter committment period. (Plus, Camby has about 3 seasons fewer games on his legs - maybe that's a wash given his injury issues though.)

Bottom line though is the Clippers have no reason to trade him. They will be well under the lux tax, so a salary dump isn't going to be a huge motivation for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with a front line of camby kaman randolph jordan and now griffin.. there def going to have to dump someone. IMO camby would be nice here.. especially with only a year left on contract. kaman would be even better. i doubt there wanting to get rid of jordan. he is raw but shows signs of being a great center later in his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he could still be available. Heard the Wolves offered Mike Miller for Kaman, and the Clippers countered with Camby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what is this?? "lets sign every player we've beaten in a finals matchup"

Thread Information