My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.tp9.net/fr/itw.php?id=310

Tony, playoffs have ended with another loss at home...

Once again, they have shot the ball very well. The jumped on us early. We were at -16 in the first quarter. We fought and came back at -4 at the half but it wasn't enough. One fought throughout the second half-time. It's the story of this series. They were much stronger than us, they played better than us.

For the first time of your career, playoffs ends in the first round. How do you live this elimination?

I'm disappointed but I'm not angry. Dallas was stronger. You had to accept it. Their win was logical. Now, I hope that San Antonio will make good job this summer to improve the team. Maybe that this elimination will bring something positive. Spurs wanted to continue with this team until 2010. Now, if we want to stay compe ive next year, we had to make big changes.

And we had to keep in mind, that you were without Manu Ginobili...

With Manu back next year and with some good choices for the role players, I think that we can come back quickly on top. I stay confident for the future.

What is your evaluation about your season ?

I think I have reached a new level. With Manu's injury and Tim Duncan's physical troubles, I had to raise my level. I'm satisfied about my season but as always, I don't want to stop here. My goal is to improve my game every year and to become a better basketball player. I don't have limits.

It didn't happen often to you but you are in holidays for more than two months...

This elimination is a good thing for French NT. I will be in great shape for the start of the campaign in mid July. I will be fresh. But before that, I will take a full break. I will use this break to empty my head and to think about something other than basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This elimination is a good thing for French NT. I will be in great shape for the start of the campaign in mid July. I will be fresh. But before that, I will take a full break. I will use this break to empty my head and to think about something other than basketball.
    Eva is going to be busy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is your evaluation about your season ?

I think I have reached a new level. With Manu's injury and Tim Duncan's physical troubles, I had to raise my level. I'm satisfied about my season but as always, I don't want to stop here. My goal is to improve my game every year and to become a better basketball player. I don't have limits.
    Nice

Gotta love that confidence.

Overall, good interview. Interesting that he basically said the 2010 plan has to be accelerated. It's probably true but we'll see what the Spurs do. I could very easily imagine the Spurs not doing anything to jeopardize their 2010 maneuverability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    <----

Thanks TP for the new le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

For the first time of your career, playoffs ends in the first round. How do you live this elimination?

I'm disappointed but I'm not angry. Dallas was stronger. You had to accept it. Their win was logical. Now, I hope that San Antonio will make good job this summer to improve the team. Maybe that this elimination will bring something positive. Spurs wanted to continue with this team until 2010. Now, if we want to stay compe ive next year, we had to make big changes.
    yea tony-you tell em

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow Spurs FO is crazy if they wanted to continue with this team.

They should have retooled in 2007, not try and drag that same team until 2010.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Eva is going to be busy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sig-worthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eva is going to be busy
    yeah!! I hope he can rest now and have a great summer,, so he will be fresh for the French NT Again, taking them to Poland!! Im going, so I want to see him and his team there!!

Anyway, Tony should not be so harsh or dissapointed, he did a amazing job, he gave everything he had, fighted untill the last minute. A true superstaR!!!! For me TP is definitely MVP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe that this elimination will bring something positive. Spurs wanted to continue with this team until 2010. Now, if we want to stay compe ive next year, we had to make big changes.
    I hope this is true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And we had to keep in mind, that you were without Manu Ginobili...

With Manu back next year and with some good choices for the role players, I think that we can come back quickly on top. I stay confident for the future.
    Don't think for a second Tony doesn't see what everyone else sees. A very tactful way of saying:

GET TIMMY, MANU AND I SOME ING HELP!!!!!!

Just kicking ass and winning Championships!!! VaSpursFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    way to call out the FO TP. he sounds a little pissed that they surrounded the big 3 with a bunch of stiffs.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Good for Parker for speaking out. We'll see if the FO responds by building a better team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope that San Antonio will make good job this summer to improve the team. Maybe that this elimination will bring something positive. Spurs wanted to continue with this team until 2010. Now, if we want to stay compe ive next year, we had to make big changes.
    Good interview

Tell that to Pop and RC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeez, I can't believe the spurs wanted to keep this same team until 2010...

Thread Information