Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great find! In your opinion, any other standouts that they may keep an eye on during that tournament?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great find! In your opinion, any other standouts that they may keep an eye on during that tournament?
    Hairston and Brontosaurus play for Milan, and David Andersen() plays for Siena.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are a lot of players to scout for either the draft or the free agency because it's a tournament with the 8 best teams in Italy.

I don't really see a great draft prospect in these teams worth a first round pick but there are some serious candidates for second round picks. I don't really follow Italian league so it's possible I missed someone. Regarding vet players, the best is likely Bo McCalleb who was as good as Parker this summer with Macedonia.

Sanikidze rebounding stats are just amazing for a player with his physical attribute. He is a great proof that hustle and a good motor can do wonders in that area.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks -- I always appreciate the info on foreign prospects. Plus, more fuel to the speculation that RJ will be amnestied this summer :-)

On another note, I'm curious about how NBA teams assess foreign player rights. In sports like football (soccer), 2nd division reserves on affiliates get moved all the time, but that's largely because the club owns the player card. For the NBA with its free agency system, the closest thing they have to selling/buying prospects along these lines is with foreign player rights.

So I look at a guy like Sandikidze and wonder if instead of stashing him in the hopes he plays for the Spurs, he wouldn't be best used to flip for a higher 2nd round pick, rights to another foreign player, or packaged in a trade. I just don't think the NBA has that culture yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Bruno what do you think of Tomas Satoransky- PG/SG...can he play point in the NBA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I look at a guy like Sandikidze and wonder if instead of stashing him in the hopes he plays for the Spurs, he wouldn't be best used to flip for a higher 2nd round pick, rights to another foreign player, or packaged in a trade. I just don't think the NBA has that culture yet.
    I think the more likely answer is that the ship has sailed on Sanikidze and hes non longer a factor in any conversation. If you offered up his name in trade discussions most other team's GM's would say, "who?"

Thats just reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Bruno what do you think of Tomas Satoransky- PG/SG...can he play point in the NBA?
    I like him a lot. He is a fluid and complete player with a very good athletic level. From what I've seen of him, he doesn't strike me as a player who could or should play PG.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when is he playing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when is he playing?
    He played Thursday (9pts, 8rbds in 33 min). His team lost and is out of this tournament since it's a 8 team single game elimination tournament.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks; I'm curious to see what positive impressions, if any, he made.

bright future biziofromdowntown's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hes game n stats r going down with the season, he's playing too much minutes. Not NBA metrial at all IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hes game n stats r going down with the season, he's playing too much minutes. Not NBA metrial at all IMO
    I disagree..As an 10-15 minute 6'8 sf that brings energy to the floor and plays hard on every play of course he can make it in the NBA. If you are expecting alot of offense game from Sanikidze then yes, you will be dissappointed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he is a white version of Kawhi.......I can live with that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a comparison I would make for him is a much better rebounding, passionate Anthony Tolliver.

Hustle player, mediocre-to-average 3pt shot, fills a solid role.

I've posted before that I'd like to see him signed and still feel that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can assure you he is better than Danny Green and Anderson are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can assure you he is better than Danny Green and Anderson are.
    you KBP!!! You suck as talent evaluator.. What did you say about Splitter? That's what i thought....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Emiliano Carchia ‏ @SportandoBasketSanikidze: 'My dream is to play in the NBA. If I can't I would like to play in Euroleague. I am ready to stay with Bologna if we reach EL'

Emiliano Carchia ‏ @SportandoBasket

Viktor Sanikidze released the statement to Il Corriere di Bologna

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well you can put a fork into us getting him now that we signed Jackson.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Italian Serie A MVP Top 3: Bo McCalebb, David Andersen, Viktor Sanikidze.

Sanikidze has averaged 12p & 11r this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When do we learn who was invited to summer camp? Seems like this guys should get a look for the "project" slot, especially since Anderson is on his way out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am pretty sure that Adam Hanga will be taking over Andersons slot...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am pretty sure that Adam Hanga will be taking over Andersons slot...
    Nah, Anderson is gone this summer, and Hanga is still a few years away as many on this forum have noted. I think the Spurs will want to carry a project wing player next year to see if there is anything there.

Spurs will have to make interesting (and tough) decisions about Manu and SJax in 2013, and it behooves them to bring in a project player they can start molding in case in the worst case scenario that both of those players are gone after next season. Viktor's length is interesting. His build reminds me of Casspi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but can we sign him and Diaw..lol. I know they won't bring Adam over next season but the one after that I bet he gets signed by the Spurs..
    Last edited by BackHome; 05-12-2012 at 08:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are able to sign everyone else I want, would we have enough juice to sign Sani? sign Diaw, sign Mills, sign de Colo, sign Lorbek.....finally sign Blair and Anderson and trade them to NJ for Humphries. If there is enough left, sign Sani

C - Splitter, Humphries, Bonner
    PF - Duncan, Diaw, Lorbek
    SF - Leonard, Jackson, Sani
    SG - Green, Manu, Neal
    PG - Parker, Mills, de Colo

As far as Joseph goes, keep him in the DL or trade him for a 2nd and cash to the likes of Miami, they need PGs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are able to sign everyone else I want, would we have enough juice to sign Sani? sign Diaw, sign Mills, sign de Colo, sign Lorbek.....finally sign Blair and Anderson and trade them to NJ for Humphries. If there is enough left, sign Sani

C - Splitter, Humphries, Bonner
    PF - Duncan, Diaw, Lorbek
    SF - Leonard, Jackson, Sani
    SG - Green, Manu, Neal
    PG - Parker, Mills, de Colo

As far as Joseph goes, keep him in the DL or trade him for a 2nd and cash to the likes of Miami, they need PGs.
    Doesn't the new CBA pretty eliminate sign and trades? If you sign a player, they can't be traded for 3 months.... or something like that.

Thread Information