Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the Spurs still have his phone #?
    Well, I think the only phone number from their picks stashed in Europe they have kept is Bertans' number.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think they've dropped Hanga?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubtful, since they brought both over last summer for workouts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They likely still have some calls or visits with other players like Hanga or Denmon but I think the only player they project as potentially being a Spur in the future is Bertans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They likely still have some calls or visits with other players like Hanga or Denmon but I think the only player they project as potentially being a Spur in the future is Bertans.
    Bruno, you are shattering the dreams of every Spurs fan on ST... it's their dream that every Spur pick stashed in Europe will be the difference in earning the next championship. Say it isn't so!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I have stated before I disagree with bruno's assessment of Hanga. I believe he is very much involved in the spurs plans for the furture and could possibly come over as early as next season (doubtful, more likely in 2 seasons). Bertans is no doubt there top overseas prospect but I believe Hanga's game is much better suited for the NBA's game than Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a free agent this summer and as a back-up combo forward, mostly a smallball 4, he might be useful on a small contract now that Jackson won't be brought back. He'd bring some passion as a back-up, a mediocre 3 point shooter, but still a good rebounder.

He's top 5 in Euroleague for rebounds per 40. Garbage from 3 in euroleague at 23%, but shoots 42% in the Italian league.
    Considering 6 Spurs players will be playing for their NT this summer, I'm sure Sanikidze will play for Georgia NT; maybe the Spurs will evaluate some of the SF talent including Sanikidze during various FIBA events in August/September and see if anyone catches their eye.
    Last edited by ace3g; 08-01-2013 at 03:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vitkor Sanikidze is unlikely to stay with Montepaschi Siena next season too, as per La Nazione. The Georgian forward spent last season with the club from Tuscany.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/italy/s...-to-leave.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Siena is in deep financial troubles. They have cut by 50% their payroll compared to last season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like he played another more than decent game.
    Any chance spurs are gonna take a look at him ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's possible. After all, he does still have the right to force them to give him a contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And, wow, he's only 27 years old? He could definitely be a Gelabale-like signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's possible. After all, he does still have the right to force them to give him a contract.
    It can be completely unguaranteed if he tries to force the issue, and they'll just cut him in camp. He's not carrying a big stick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can see him play against the Frenchies today. It will definitely be a good test for him to go up against NBA level athletes. Let's see if the strong shooting and rebounding holds up against longer, quicker defenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It can be completely unguaranteed if he tries to force the issue, and they'll just cut him in camp. He's not carrying a big stick.
    Sure, but he actually has some stock now. He could easily be the best combo-forward the team can find at this point. If he wants to use this off-season as his shot to get to the NBA, I don't think the Spurs will stop him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And, wow, he's only 27 years old? He could definitely be a Gelabale-like signing.
    I couldn't find the quote, but I believe Bruno has questioned the accuracy of his reported age in the past.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like he played another more than decent game.
    Any chance spurs are gonna take a look at him ?
    We keep asking this question for the last nine years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Pick @IAmDPick
    @ace3g Sanikidze is not returning to Siena.

Sounds like he has an offer somewhere, guess we will find out in a few days

http://www.corrieredisiena.it/notizie/mercato-mens-sana-per-viktor-sanikidze-ce-unallett/007464

Last edited by ace3g; 08-28-2013 at 04:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I've read, Sanikidze is still under contract next season with Siena but they are willing to let him go for free. Reasons of that is they are really looking at cutting their payroll, Sanikdize is expensive (€400K) and he hasn't been good in his first year with them.

The issue is to find a team willing to pay Sanikidze a similar contract to his previous one. There aren't that much teams who could pay these kind of salaries for a player that is, at best, a solid role player. Siena hasn't been able to find a taker for Sanikidze's contract for two months but maybe some very good games with Georgia would convince a rich team to take it.

bright future biziofromdowntown's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, no. Not even good to play solid minutes in Siena.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portion of interview with Sanikidze where he talks about his free agent status:

You will play at
    European Championship as free agent as you didn't accept new contract offer of Siena. I know that EuroBasket is currently the most important for you, but are you already thinking about new club season? Where would you like to play next season, do you have any favourite league?

All I'm thinking right now is the national team, I am focused at having great performances at the European Championship. I have had some offers and various interest from different teams and after the end of the championship I will decide based on what will be the best for my future and my career.

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/Eur...n_NT%29/331554

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drom John (Macon, GA)

How does Viktor Sanikidze project into the NBA?If Redhook Double Black Stout is a starter, then what would be the replacement level for coffee stouts?

Kevin Pelton

I only have Sanikidze's most recent season translated. Looks a little worse than replacement level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Emiliano Carchia @SportandoBasket
    Viktor Sanikidze to CAI Zaragoza is a done deal sportando.net/eng/europe/spa…

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good for him. Zaragoza is a decent team that showed significant improvement over the last years. will be interesting to learn what kind of contract he got. for the Spurs the Sanikidze ship finally has sailed. would have been interesting to see what he can do in the NBA, but assuming he likely would have never made it out of the 3rd stringer pool, this is something I can absorb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information