Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol wtf is a natty light and lowenbrau

I know what they are but I still don't understand the analogy. Is one of them supposed to be good and the other bad?

Can't Start Threads Kill_Bill_Pana's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Javtokas signed with Khimki Moscow. It is a good move up in level for him because now he will be on a Euroleague team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I know, ancient thread but I was curious, the guy is still only 30 and I believe unsigned for next year. I think we still own his rights, if we cant get Splitter how would this guy do as a 5 here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That'd be hilarious if the two Spurs big men overseas came at the same time. It would suck for Blair though, unless Pop gave up on small ball and/or reduced Tim's PT to 30>x as well as sitting him for b2bs like he lied about last summer.

... a frontline of Tim/Blair/Dice/Splitter/Javtokas/Bonner would be scary. There would be a spacer, a stat machine having just turned 21, 3 6"11" guys who play D, one of those 3 being a future HOF, and a crafty vet who is the best Spur to put on Dirk since Bowen. Not to mention Blair/Bonner are the 5th/6th bigs. Would the Spurs have a lack of frontline depth for the next couple years? Fuggedabou . If anyone got booted i think it would sadly be Blair. Pop seems taken like him like he was with Manu, so I think he's relatively safe. There would actually be good reasons to lose Dice or Bonner. Hope Pop sees Bonner for the playoff choker he is and puts business above his love for Matty.

I really doubt anyone with the Spurs are pushing for Javtokas, even though I bet he'd still be a highly valuable defender who wouldn't need many touches... Like what Ian could have been if Theo had never been signed. And I believe you're right Kori, but I bet his vertical is still more than enough for him to be an enforcer.

If Bruno checks in on this thread, I'd love to know if Javtokas is getting paid over the LLE atm, or would it be relatively easy to bring him on. , I was a bigger supporter of him last summer, but I forgot his name for a bit. There could be a logjam with the bigs next season even without him, so I don't see the point. Hope Pop sees him as an "experience vet". It doesn't matter if he's dirt cheap, there's no reason to target him unless Splitter backs out again, knocks on wood. Or Dice and Bonner both leave somehow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ IIRC, Javtokas signed a 2 years contract last summer with his Russian team. He isn't a FA this summer. IMO, his salary in Russia is between $1M and $1.5M.

Javtokas could be a decent end of the bench player in the NBA. I would compare him to Brian Skinner. Saying that, I don't see why Spurs would sign him or why Javtokas would leave the Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump.

@ShamSports

Robertas Javtokas leaves Khimki to go to Valencia. By this time, it is 99.9% certain that he never plays in the NBA.

http://twitter.com/ShamSports/status/18589421541

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Nando stays with Valencia, it will allow Javtokas to be more scouted by Spurs.

Saying that, it's likely now too late for him to come in NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PE Valencia announced the arrival for the next two seasons of Robertas Javtokas. The Lithuanian big man was free agent after being waived by Khimki.
    With the Russian powerhouse, Javtokas averaged 10.1ppg and 6.4rpg in Euroleague.

http://http://www.sportando.net/eng/europe/spain/11034/pe_valencia_announces_robertas_javtokas.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spain's Marc Gasol(notes) (L) vies with Lithuania's Robertas Javtokas (R) on August 07, 2010 at Fernando Buesa Arena in Vitoria, during a basketball match ahead of the world championships.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What an athlete. That dude looks like White Howard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Javtokas would be a pretty decent bench Big, imo. I actually think he's more suited to the NBA game than the Euro's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Javtokas would be a pretty decent bench Big, imo. I actually think he's more suited to the NBA game than the Euro's.
    Oh well... forward ho. That ship has sunk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USA plays Lithuania today at 3 p.m. EST/ 2 p.m. cst on ESPN, so if you want to see Javtokas play against NBA players...tune in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol looks lean in those pics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USA is terrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is Sanikidze from? Would he be on this Lithuania team?
    He's Georgian, I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Nando stays with Valencia, it will allow Javtokas to be more scouted by Spurs.

Saying that, it's likely now too late for him to come in NBA.
    It has been nine years since Javtokas was picked by the Spurs and six years for Sanikidze. Is it safe to say that their time has passed and there is no chance for them to play for the Spurs? They have now been replaced by a new crop of international prospects in de Colo and Ryan Richards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah Sanikidze is from the Republic of Georgia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is there a box score for this game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has been nine years since Javtokas was picked by the Spurs and six years for Sanikidze. Is it safe to say that their time has passed and there is no chance for them to play for the Spurs?
    It doesn't really matter that they've been drafted many years ago. What matters is their age.

Javtokas is 30 years old. If Spurs sign him next summer, he will be 32 years for his first playoffs. Javtokas could have been a decent end of the bench player but it's now too late.

Sanikidze is only 24 years old. There are hundreds of most interesting young players for Spurs to sign than him but you never know. Spurs have nothing to loose at keeping an eye on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FIBA 2010 Players To Watch

Robertas Javtokas #9 of 12

A member of the Lithuanian national team since 2002, Robertas Javtokas is one of the best big men in the compe ion. A motorcycle crash stalled his career in 2002, but Javtokas has since recovered and reclaimed his dominance. The 6-foot-11 center scored 10 points and pulled down six rebounds in an exhibition against Team USA on Aug. 21, holding his own against the likes of Tyson Chandler and Lamar Odom and even getting the better of them in some instances.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.9.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just posted about this in the Splitter in Brasil threads, glad to see others taking notice. I still want him for 3-4 years, if he's at Theo's level and more durable, then go get him, for 2-2.5 mil. I wasn't a fan back in 03, but he could take the enforcer/veteran role Kevin Willis had, no?

And is Tyson back to around his prime yet, or did Robertas face a Chandler who was afraid to get hurt?

Thread Information