Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just posted about this in the Splitter in Brasil threads, glad to see others taking notice. I still want him for 3-4 years, if he's at Theo's level and more durable, then go get him, for 2-2.5 mil. I wasn't a fan back in 03, but he could take the enforcer/veteran role Kevin Willis had, no?

And is Tyson back to around his prime yet, or did Robertas face a Chandler who was afraid to get hurt?
    Alas, there are details of his 2 season contract with Valencia somewhere on this page.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't we be better off with Bourousis at this point? I think he actually wants to play for the Spurs, unlike Javtokas. He's also younger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Power Elec. Valencia 's Robertas Javtokas from Lithuania (L) vies with Zalgiris' Martynas Pocius from Lithuania (TopL) and Omar Samhan from US during the Euroleague basketball match Power Elec. Valencia vs Zalgiris on January 19, 2011 at the Pabellon Fuente de San Luis sportshall in Valencia.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    In other news, Mahmood Washington, drafted by the Spurs in the 1974 ABA draft, is tearing up his rec league and hoping to still get his chance in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other news, Mahmood Washington, drafted by the Spurs in the 1974 ABA draft, is tearing up his rec league and hoping to still get his chance in SA.
    Cmon Chuck at least post his bio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MAybe the Spurs can convince New Jersey Nets owner Mikhail Prokorov to trade for his rights.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why? because all Russians wish to again own some Lithuanians?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why? because all Russians wish to again own some Lithuanians?
    A good dog and a Lithuanian. The kind of things a man just has to have; and some good vodka if Russian.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Javtokas has changed his game up . . . check him spreading the floor at the end of this clip! Bonner + shark tattoo = Win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Javtokas has signed a new contract last week with the Lithuanian team Zalgris.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zalgiris? How did that happen and I not hear about Rytas fans burning down the country in outrage?

Besides, I wasn't serious about him getting signed. He plays some defense and that means he would be sat down while Bonner minus Shark Tattoo leads the Spurs like usual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad we stopped negotiations with this guy and signed Jackie Butler instead. Now THERE's a decision that didn't have long term impacts...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad we stopped negotiations with this guy and signed Jackie Butler instead. Now THERE's a decision that didn't have long term impacts...
    Ya, Javtokas has been dominating over the years in europe...What were the spurs thinking?
    Last edited by yavozerb; 06-13-2011 at 11:30 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ he's probably referring to the fact that we used Scola's rights to unload Butler's contract and ended up keeping Bonner instead

Javtokas+Scola > Bonner+Butler

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ he's probably referring to the fact that we used Scola's rights to unload Butler's contract and ended up keeping Bonner instead

What are you talking about? Javtokas has nothing to do with scola,bonner,or butler..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya, Javtokas has been dominating over the years in europe...What were the spurs thinking?

What are you talking about? Javtokas has nothing to do with scola,bonner,or butler..
    um.... YOU were the one who quoted Mr Body who referred to Butler.

Yes, the year we were negotiating with Javtokas was the year we decided to sign Butler and Elson instead. Butler was a bust and we used Scola's rights to unload Butler's contract. I'm not saying Javtokas would have made ANY difference on the team... but I agree that, had we signed him, we woudn't have had to unload Butler... thus, we'd still have Scola (which is the real prize)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    um.... YOU were the one who quoted Mr Body who referred to Butler.

Yes, the year we were negotiating with Javtokas was the year we decided to sign Butler and Elson instead. Butler was a bust and we used Scola's rights to unload Butler's contract. I'm not saying Javtokas would have made ANY difference on the team... but I agree that, had we signed him, we woudn't have had to unload Butler... thus, we'd still have Scola (which is the real prize)
    Wow, you seriously think all that happened because Javatkos was not signed? You really think the spurs would have brought in Scola even after signing Javtkos? You keep coming up with these scenerios and I will concentrate on the present spurs team...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow, you seriously think all that happened because Javatkos was not signed? You really think the spurs would have brought in Scola even after signing Javtkos? You keep coming up with these scenerios and I will concentrate on the present spurs team...
    Dude, I'm not even the one who brought up Butler... get over yourself

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiting for Mr. Body's crackerjack draft analysis tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Javtokas business was part of a tipping point in this team's history of adding talent. The Scola issue is separate but vaguely related: they decided to stop negotiating with Javtokas and sign Francisco Elson and Jackie Butler instead. No one is sure how much Javtokas would have cost, i.e. whether they could have had Elson and Javtokas both.

In any case, Elson was gone not too long afterwards, although he was pretty good for us. Meanwhile, the front office massively compounded a bad signing of Butler by trading him away with the rights to Luis Scola to get rid of his contract. I firmly believe that move single-handedly cost us an additional championship. Even Popovich would agree the move was terrible.

As for my draft analysis, I've been pretty good over the years. I've done things like plump guys like Sefolosha and Ronnie Brewer and Nicholas Batum, although only the latter was close to our pick. I've not been horribly wrong about anything at all. Surely here and there, but it's not a big deal. I was happy to get Splitter, overjoyed to get Blair. I did like George Hill before he was drafted, but felt we could have played with the pick because no one else was going for him there, and use Chalmers as a fall back if we had to. I was one of the first people to point out we drafted Mahinmi in the late 1st round, even when most teams didn't know who he was, in order to lock him into a low-level salary after the problems with Scola, although ultimately he didn't work out.

I don't really care about this draft so much because there's not a whole lot that can be done to arrest the long, agonizing decay into mediocrity.
    Last edited by Mr. Body; 06-19-2011 at 04:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far off the radar now but how old is this guy nowdays? Seems like he had alot of talent and he was a big SoB, any thoughts?

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    So far off the radar now but how old is this guy nowdays? Seems like he had alot of talent and he was a big SoB, any thoughts?
    Isn't he like 33 or 34? I think the thing that pisses me off most about Javtokas is that when he STUPIDLY wrecked that cycle, the Spurs paid for everything, medical wise. They TOTALLY didn't have to do that. He was just a long shot prospect. In fact, if he had been under contract, they could have voided it. Then, he tries to play hardball about money. Ungrateful SOB. F him anyway.

If you want that same athletic package, just move up in the second and draft Plumlee from Duke. He's younger, and hasn't been in any serious motorcycle wrecks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I remember his agent playing hard ass with us after everything this organization did for you and you play hardball. What a piece of !!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LTU - Stress fracture knocks Javtokas out of London Games

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/new...2896/arti.html

Thread Information