Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Can't Start Threads Kill_Bill_Pana's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, there's no schwa in the Spanish language, so your pronunciation suggestion is not possible.
    You are an idiot.

Can't Start Threads Kill_Bill_Pana's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if we draft this guy, can he actually play with the spurs this season, or will he have to stay there/will we keep him there? What do you guys think?

Because honestly, I think he's a pretty damn good prospect, especially if it's available at 37
    No not really. He already signed a big contract in Spain and has a buyout of course over what NBA can pay. It will just be another Splitter/Scola deal. But it seems this is all Spurs do these days. "Steal".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way, I'm sure the Blazers are grateful to the Spurs for doing their legwork for them once again on a draft pick. IOW, no ing way this guy falls to San Antonio.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet I'm still correct, which makes me smarter than you. Not like we didn't already know that, since I know where souvlaki comes from and you don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way, I'm sure the Blazers are grateful to the Spurs for doing their legwork for them once again on a draft pick. IOW, no ing way this guy falls to San Antonio.
    Agreed. 25% chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No not really. He already signed a big contract in Spain and has a buyout of course over what NBA can pay. It will just be another Splitter/Scola deal. But it seems this is all Spurs do these days. "Steal".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Haynes ‏@ChrisBHaynes

Sounds like Victor Claver will leave Valencia Basketball and pay $600,000 buyout to come to #Blazers, according to @EmiliovEscudero.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Blair to Blazers speculation leads to this bump. Anyone have any updates on this guy?
    Any chances Blazers swap him for Blair? Didn't the bLazers draft and English kid that folks were really high on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh. Claver can't even get minutes on that already terrible bench. He's been sent to the D-League a number of times this year. I haven't seen much of him but I'm assuming the Blazers aren't that high on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Claver in starting line up tonight due to the Wesley Matthews ankle injury:

he played 35 min the game Wesley got hurt in 1st quarter:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2013021303

and here is the boxscore for game currently

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2013021922

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Claver stinks, I was at the game last night.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody think he could be good for us?
    Trade namdo for him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is worst than Ayers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is suppose to work out for Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is suppose to work out for Spurs.
    I heard he will be here for a few day so I guess that is good for them to see what he can really do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Who knows maybe the Spurs coaching staff saw something in him like former Blazers discard Patty Mills that turned out well. Maybe a Matt Bonner replacement???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of guys were pretty high on him a few years back, and was going to be a lottery pick in 2008 or 2009 but had some knee injury issues that affected his draft value. He's still 26, but has been pretty bad so far in the league. Hopefully the Spurs get him on their summer league team and see what he has, I think a change in environment can be beneficial for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recall seeing rumblings that the Spurs were interested during his draft. Seems like he hasn't had the right situation so far (or he sucks).

I don't know much about him, is he strictly a PF? does he have range?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While he hasn't performed well to-date in the NBA, I think his situation in Portland didn't do him any favors. Along with Aldridge, they had a bevy of other options at PF including JJ Hickson, Joel Freeland, Meyers Leonard, and Luke Babbitt. While none of those players blow you away with their talent, it's easy to see why he wouldn't have been able to stand out or have s legitimate opportunity.

I don't know whether he's a legit NBA caliber player, but I can see why the Spurs might be interested in spite of his first stint in the league.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah ing Portland loves to grab players the Spurs are interested in Batum, Claver etc..I will laugh my ass if LA comes to SA and we sign Claver and he becomes a stud that would be so sweet.....Karma Is a ..

Watched some vids of him playing over seas he seems worth a gamble he can move his feet pretty good for a big and has a little inside and outside game. Think of him as a poor mans Splitter who likes to shoot the three ball. I can see him replacing Errors.
    Last edited by BackHome; 06-15-2015 at 09:11 PM.

Thread Information