Page 106 of 143 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    O'Quinn is a restricted free agent, there's no way we could get him away from the Magic for anything approaching good value. Also, we'd have to commit to him for 4 years, losing any hope of cap space in the future.

I like O'Quinn, and I agree I'm not sure I'd want to give up a first for David Lee, but I'd rather have Lee for $15m/1yr than O'Quinn for the $50m/4yr it'd take for the Magic not to match.
    The Magic owe $20 Million a season to Frye and Vuc. They won't automatically break the bank on a third big, especially with Gordon and Harris in the mix (and Harkless). Anyway, even on a $50M/4 deal (which is at least $10 Million more than I see him getting), the team will have plenty of 2017 cap space with Tiago and Patty expiring and Boris being completely non-guaranteed. If O'Quinn is worth the money next year, he'll almost certainly be worth it in three years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Magic owe $20 Million a season to Frye and Vuc. They won't automatically break the bank on a third big, especially with Gordon and Harris in the mix (and Harkless). Anyway, even on a $50M/4 deal (which is at least $10 Million more than I see him getting), the team will have plenty of 2017 cap space with Tiago and Patty expiring and Boris being completely non-guaranteed. If O'Quinn is worth the money next year, he'll almost certainly be worth it in three years.
    Im still unsure why we wouldn't target 2016 free agency if we strike out this summer. We have $34m committed, plus $7m to Green and $18m to Kawhi is $59m. There is a chance (although I think it is slim) that there will be some cap smoothing next summer but even if there isn't we could still expect to have $10m+ to play with in a very deep free agent class.

There's simply so many questions about the cap over the next couple years to plan the next couple of summers. We'll almost certainly have huge cap room in 2017 either way, even if we bring back Tiago and bring in someone like O'Quinn or a $10m(ish) free agent in 2016.

I like O'Quinn but I'm not sure he's worth what he'd cost to get him away from Orlando.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im still unsure why we wouldn't target 2016 free agency if we strike out this summer. We have $34m committed, plus $7m to Green and $18m to Kawhi is $59m. There is a chance (although I think it is slim) that there will be some cap smoothing next summer but even if there isn't we could still expect to have $10m+ to play with in a very deep free agent class.

There's simply so many questions about the cap over the next couple years to plan the next couple of summers. We'll almost certainly have huge cap room in 2017 either way, even if we bring back Tiago and bring in someone like O'Quinn or a $10m(ish) free agent in 2016.

I like O'Quinn but I'm not sure he's worth what he'd cost to get him away from Orlando.
    Who's a FA in 2016 who's worth $10 Million while also making a difference? I don't think anyone better than O'Quinn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. I don't care about fantasy sports. They have little connection with championship sports play, and downplay or ignore defense, other than counting steals and blocks.
    There are many ways to credit stats in fantasy leagues. There are leagues that give the same wieght to turnovers, ft, fg, and 3 pt % as points, and the rest of the typical stats. In such leagues, you would see how your take on draymond is so disagreeable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    supposedly the entire Nets roster is available? Could we actually get get Joe Johnson with just a first round pick/Daye or so? Can you imagine him as the killer cold Spurs starting SG in the Pop system?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    supposedly the entire Nets roster is available? Could we actually get get Joe Johnson with just a first round pick/Daye or so? Can you imagine him as the killer cold Spurs starting SG in the Pop system?
    Do you understand the salary cap at all?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure which part is more ridiculous tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah yeah, I bet he doesn't even know who the babe is either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why Joe Johnson? Dream big, Lebron James.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...s-celtics-suns

Ayers, Bonner, Daye and 1st rounder for Monroe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    J Green seems better than Monroe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why pay for Monroe when you can sign him outright this summer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why pay for Monroe when you can sign him outright this summer?
    Too play him over Bonner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too play him over Bonner
    Would Pop even?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple of sources now have said Ainge doesn't plan on keeping Brandan Wright and is looking to trade him for a first round pick...
    Last edited by Mr Bones; 12-19-2014 at 05:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade idea with Orlando: Ayres and a first for O'Quinn and Marble. Waive Daye to make room. Would you do it? Ideally, the Spurs would include Daye and enough cash to waive him, since that would create a TE of almost $2 Million.

For me, it'd be a no-brainer, as I'm an O'Quinn homer and am intrigued by Devyn. Think getting two young players is great use of a first, especially since it doesn't require movinga rotation player.

As far as Orlando goes, I'm not sure they're going to pay O'Quinn, so getting a pick is pretty decent. Doubt they care about Devyn much at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade idea with Orlando: Ayres and a first for O'Quinn and Marble. Waive Daye to make room. Would you do it? Ideally, the Spurs would include Daye and enough cash to waive him, since that would create a TE of almost $2 Million.

For me, it'd be a no-brainer, as I'm an O'Quinn homer and am intrigued by Devyn. Think getting two young players is great use of a first, especially since it doesn't require movinga rotation player.

As far as Orlando goes, I'm not sure they're going to pay O'Quinn, so getting a pick is pretty decent. Doubt they care about Devyn much at all.
    I'd be all for it as long as they could resign him to something reasonable (mid-level range maybe a little over) after the season. He is young enough that he could be a nice component of the post-duncan era to pair with Leonard and has good range for a bigman (sans a 3pt shot).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If O'Quinn agreed beforehand to resign at a reasonable price... Yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well as I've said before, I think O'Quinn is worth a $40M/5 deal, but the Spurs could probably get him for a $30M/5. What's great is that he's an RFA.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in on that. Suggested the same concept in the Kyle O'Quinn thread (Ayres and a 1 for Kyle) , as it allows us to get a good big man in FA and he only counts for cap hold.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trade Daye and Ayres for someone who can provide a spark offensively off the bench. They're worth nothing though, not even second round picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arthur and Harris are in Shaw's doghouse, at the moment...and Mg Gee is out indefinitely. Probably they boyh could be available for something like Ayres + Daye (or Belinelli). I Like both Denver's players, they could bring some athle icism we surely need...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arthur and Harris are in Shaw's doghouse, at the moment...and Mg Gee is out indefinitely. Probably they boyh could be available for something like Ayres + Daye (or Belinelli). I Like both Denver's players, they could bring some athle icism we surely need...
    Darrell Arhur is WAY too dumb to ever be a Spur. He set off the ing smoke alarm in his room at the rookie symposium smoking Buddha and got kicked out. Harris is a rookie draft pick, and as such, will often move in and out of a coaches doghouse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bummed about the Josh Smith waiving. Not only will it make a rival better, but now Greg Monroe is likely off the trade block. He'll be able to inflate his stats and increase his price tag.

I hate Stan Van Gundy with a passion now.

Thread Information