Page 108 of 143 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3559
    tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, but I think Lowry and Rubio are pretty injury prone. How about this, Milwaukee or Brooklyn? Hear me out. These teams look playoff bound. Knight is known to have some trouble being a legit point. Williams is a known injury risk. Either team with Cojo should expect to be that much more solid for the playoffs. Both are in the Toronto area. Either team could end up falling short, unexpectedly. That's a nice 1st round pick to have. Cojo and 15 1st to whichever team would give their 1st?
    Mil and Bkn have Bayless (and Wolters and Marshall as well) and Jack, respectively. I've already gone through several trade machine scenarios before and none of the BKN guys attainable with Joseph's salary can be had (Teletovic and Bogdanovic). Dudley may be had, but it's a long shot after they lost Parker to a season-ending injury. I agree with the sentiment that Joseph should be shopped around while his value is at an all-time high but I'm having trouble conceiving where he should end up, a place beneficial for both sides. Unless Lowry and Rubio actually get injured I see no reason for TOR or MIN to go hard after Joseph. Players Joseph can be packaged with (Daye or Ayres) virtually have no value, while packaging him with Belinelli might net something positive, though I doubt Pop would want to part with Belinelli.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joseph is better than Mills, and the gap between their on-court value to the Spurs will only continue to grow when Manu retires. It simply doesn't make sense to trade Cory when Mills is on a more attractive contract and is much easier to replace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joseph is better than Mills, and the gap between their on-court value to the Spurs will only continue to grow when Manu retires. It simply doesn't make sense to trade Cory when Mills is on a more attractive contract and is much easier to replace.
    I'm sure you have statistical data to back that up (which I wouldn't mind seeing) but though Mills arguably has a more attractive contract, what do you do about the logjam? Does it make sense to shelf Joseph once Parker is in the pink of health?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    Link to ESPN latest on Grizzlies pursuing trade for either Luol Deng or Jeff Green -- espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics talking jeff green trade makes me wanna hit up ebay for james young rookie cards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Mills having the more appealing contract is the reason to keep Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My two cents, and this is entirely based on gut feel, but the Spurs probably need another scoring wing or big, anyone who can put up points on the board. Someone who can shoot, of course. I know the Spurs are devastating when healthy, but they are down on their luck in that aspect this season. Belinelli and Mills used to light it up a season ago, but I'm surprised Marco hasn't done anything notable this season despite the contract year. Mills will take some time getting back into rhythm, and Leonard, while arguably the most important cog, is constantly hurting and still has a shaky jump shot. Green plays at SF, and, while capable, still goes on his icy/hot streaks, despite stellar defensive numbers. I'm not sure who they need, and they probably will wait it out until the roster comes together again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure you have statistical data to back that up (which I wouldn't mind seeing) but though Mills arguably has a more attractive contract, what do you do about the logjam? Does it make sense to shelf Joseph once Parker is in the pink of health?
    Not as long as Leonard is out. After that, it's Cory, Patty and Beli vying for two spots. I know the two I want to win, and they're not Beli.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Mills having the more appealing contract is the reason to keep Mills.
    Nope. Their contracts shouldn't matter much to the team, since they're already here. If someone is giving up assets for them, though, that's a different story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Their contracts shouldn't matter much to the team, since they're already here. If someone is giving up assets for them, though, that's a different story.
    Having good contracts always matters, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having good contracts always matters, imo.
    Only to a point. Cory wouldn't have a bad contract. He's just uncertain, which is why his value would be lower.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he wouldn't have a bad contract at all. the spurs would just have parkers and mills contracts already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he wouldn't have a bad contract at all. the spurs would just have parkers and mills contracts already.

They wouldn't have Mills' contract if they traded him. That's the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They wouldn't have Mills' contract if they traded him. That's the point.
    The Spurs wouldn't have been a team that could sign Mills to the good contract they did, if they were the kind of team that would trade Joseph before losing Joseph for nothing? Is that your point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quincy Pondexter might be involved in the Celtics/Memphis; could be the piece going to mystery 3rd team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trailblazers close to acquiring Wilson Chandler. Denver just waiting for POR to toss in a 1st rounder. Source - Zach Lowe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i understand 1, and i forgot. so good point there, but i'm not so sure about 2. I think KG's sad year was more ugly team situation and less ugly player deterioration.

how about prince? i've been noticing, through fantasy league diligence, that prince might be an easy dump for the grizz. He would surely have a few pointers for kawhi, and generally be that much more championship caliber mentor-ship on the roster. as much as i hate the idea of a bargain player taking up Anderson development time, prince would be a of a bargain player.
    Bump. Bonner. Celtics. Connecticut. Champion. Mentor. Olynyk. 2nd round pick. Ayers or Daye. Room for J Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dorell Wright hasn't played much for the Blazers this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chandler could help the spurs. Hope the blazers don't get him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way too big of a trade for the Spurs to even consider, but what do people think about the value of this deal?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nl7umzd with Green being a placeholder for Mills (the trade machine hasn't released him for some reason) and Anderson being a placeholder for Karasev (the machine mistakenly limits De Colo's TE by $100k).

I don't think any picks should change hands. Mills and Baynes are both decent vets who can help groom the team while also not disrupting the tanking Philly's doing. The fact that they're both Aussie NT players should have Brown standing on the table to get the deal done.

The Spurs get Lopez, who should be a lot better when platooned with Tim (this season), Tiago and Diaw. Sims is raw, but he's done some good things this season. Karasev has pretty good upside and could eventually be an upgrade to Beli as the fourth wing. Don't know much about Brown, but perhaps Philly would let the Spurs flip him for JaKarr Sampson.

The Nets get out of Lopez's deal while also getting close to the tax. That's about as much as they could expect. Maybe they can redirect Beli to another team for a small asset (or maybe the Spurs throw in a second-rounder or two) and get under the tax althogether. All that while keeping Plumlee would be impressive.

As mentioned above, Philly gets experienced vets who can compliment their young players while not really adding wins. Brown was supposedly upsets with the Sixers' brass for trading Engles, so he'd probably appreciate Patty and Aron showing up to help install his system. Baynes is good enough to start for a bad team, young enough to grow with them and bad enough to be locked up to a reasonable deal as an RFA this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stauskas is on the trade market now, apparently?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way too big of a trade for the Spurs to even consider, but what do people think about the value of this deal?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nl7umzd with Green being a placeholder for Mills (the trade machine hasn't released him for some reason) and Anderson being a placeholder for Karasev (the machine mistakenly limits De Colo's TE by $100k).

I don't think any picks should change hands. Mills and Baynes are both decent vets who can help groom the team while also not disrupting the tanking Philly's doing. The fact that they're both Aussie NT players should have Brown standing on the table to get the deal done.

The Spurs get Lopez, who should be a lot better when platooned with Tim (this season), Tiago and Diaw. Sims is raw, but he's done some good things this season. Karasev has pretty good upside and could eventually be an upgrade to Beli as the fourth wing. Don't know much about Brown, but perhaps Philly would let the Spurs flip him for JaKarr Sampson.

The Nets get out of Lopez's deal while also getting close to the tax. That's about as much as they could expect. Maybe they can redirect Beli to another team for a small asset (or maybe the Spurs throw in a second-rounder or two) and get under the tax althogether. All that while keeping Plumlee would be impressive.

As mentioned above, Philly gets experienced vets who can compliment their young players while not really adding wins. Brown was supposedly upsets with the Sixers' brass for trading Engles, so he'd probably appreciate Patty and Aron showing up to help install his system. Baynes is good enough to start for a bad team, young enough to grow with them and bad enough to be locked up to a reasonable deal as an RFA this summer.
    Philly would pull off that deal in a heartbeat...if Brett Brown were GM. Unfortunately Hinkie is a greedy SOB and won't part with any of his assets unless the Spurs FO throws in some picks. First step to finding out the deals the Spurs can pull off is knowing which pieces can be traded away.

As it stands, I feel the following are expendable:
    Belinelli (lost his groove this season; might benefit from a change of scenery [taking a shot in the dark here])
    Daye (essentially for a salary dump)
    Ayres (ditto; might have some value because of his solid play so far this season)
    Joseph (although not many teams need a point guard, unless BKN deals Jack away in the purported Lopez trade)
    Baynes (falling out of rotation because of Splitter's return)

Not sure if Green is tradeable, but if the Spurs can save some $$$ by trading him to Denver for either Afflalo or Chandler, I think they pull it off mainly because of financial considerations, seeing that Green's having a solid contract season and will easily fetch eight figures in the open market. Afflalo for $8M/season for two years is a bargain, and the Spurs were interested in him last year if I'm not mistaken. The only reason this doesn't fall through is that Green is highly valued in the organization and that there are too many outgoing pieces to put the deal in place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Orlando, Charlotte, and Boston could all make turn arounds. Mk and Bk are not playoff locks quite yet.
    Are you mildly re ed? Boston TRADED their only good player in Rondo over a month ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you mildly re ed? Boston TRADED their only good player in Rondo over a month ago.
    Boston is one of the deepest teams in the league, with one of the best up and coming coaches, and a gm with balls. You sir, are blind. The celtics will be absolutely jaw dropping, next year. They should be stomping teams right now.

Thread Information