Page 113 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3559
    tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THJ has not played a game for Atlanta. Just collecting DNP-CDs there. I don't consider him better than Butler. Anderson has a price on his roster spot, but THJ just doesn't meet it.
    Him not playing doesn't address the issue he has a more fluid offensive game than Anderson. Might be character issues, but definitely not his offense. May I ask what player would one think is a fair exchange for Anderson?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THJ has not played a game for Atlanta. Just collecting DNP-CDs there. I don't consider him better than Butler. Anderson has a price on his roster spot, but THJ just doesn't meet it.
    Random, but would a Kyle Anderson swap for Tim Hardaway Jr work? Both are equally terrible at defense, but at least Hardaway can shoot. Hawks owe the Spurs a solid for giving away virtually nothing for Splitter.
    Him not playing doesn't address the issue he has a more fluid offensive game than Anderson. Might be character issues, but definitely not his offense. May I ask what player would one think is a fair exchange for Anderson?
    I would not trade Kyle for TH bc you are underestimating Kyle's improvement on D, despite not shooting well teams don't go on runs when he plays. Hardaway has more experience, but played in a bad team and was very inefficient on top of being awful on D. He is now not even active in a good team that needs depth at the wing and which specifically traded for him. That is not good at all.

Perhaps ATL might even like that trade but I don't think SA gets a fair deal there and they like Kyle a lot. His passing skill might be redundant right now, but Manu is about to retire. I am not saying they won't trade Kyle, but he's like Cojo, being developed for a specific skill and they won't likely part with him lightly. If you want a better shooter that plays no D, you got Jarell Eddie in the dleague and Pop didn't go for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not trade Kyle for TH bc you are underestimating Kyle's improvement on D, despite not shooting well teams don't go on runs when he plays. Hardaway has more experience, but played in a bad team and was very inefficient on top of being awful on D. He is now not even active in a good team that needs depth at the wing and which specifically traded for him. That is not good at all.

Perhaps ATL might even like that trade but I don't think SA gets a fair deal there and they like Kyle a lot. His passing skill might be redundant right now, but Manu is about to retire. I am not saying they won't trade Kyle, but he's like Cojo, being developed for a specific skill and they won't likely part with him lightly. If you want a better shooter that plays no D, you got Jarell Eddie in the dleague and Pop didn't go for it.
    1. Not underestimating his defense. At the same time, improvement doesn't mean he's any better on an NBA level.
    2. Reasons as to why he's not playing are mere conjecture at this point.
    3. There's Ray Allen and Jarrell Eddie on the FA pool, but the Spurs are stacked with 15 men on the roster. Which one of them goes?
    4. Teams don't go on runs = good defense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Not underestimating his defense. At the same time, improvement doesn't mean he's any better on an NBA level.
    2. Reasons as to why he's not playing are mere conjecture at this point.
    3. There's Ray Allen and Jarrell Eddie on the FA pool, but the Spurs are stacked with 15 men on the roster. Which one of them goes?
    4. Teams don't go on runs = good defense?
    He just had a very good game last night. His defensive effort was noticeable in that game. What I meant about teams not going on runs you can deduce. Take a player like Austin Daye for example. Unless he is absolutely scorching hot, he doesn't help much and rather hurts it bc defensively despite having some tools in his size and length, he was always lost. You could not afford to play him unless you absolutely had to, and when he played even for a few minutes the other team went on a run. Whether it was because he was late on help defense or weak, and pushed over, or blown by, whatever the reason he was very inadequate. Kyle is not that. He's solid enough on team defense and on his own man that you can sustain a lead with him, or if someone is hot in the Spurs you will get a lead.

I don't think he will be traded, personally, but I could see where others would want to trade him. TH Jr. is not better than him though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just had a very good game last night. His defensive effort was noticeable in that game. What I meant about teams not going on runs you can deduce. Take a player like Austin Daye for example. Unless he is absolutely scorching hot, he doesn't help much and rather hurts it bc defensively despite having some tools in his size and length, he was always lost. You could not afford to play him unless you absolutely had to, and when he played even for a few minutes the other team went on a run. Whether it was because he was late on help defense or weak, and pushed over, or blown by, whatever the reason he was very inadequate. Kyle is not that. He's solid enough on team defense and on his own man that you can sustain a lead with him, or if someone is hot in the Spurs you will get a lead.

I don't think he will be traded, personally, but I could see where others would want to trade him. TH Jr. is not better than him though.
    I'll hold my breath on one good game. Even Austin Daye had a good game against the Sixers (22 pt outburst). Never a good thing when the new guy jumps over you in the rotation despite having one year of experience in that same system. Didn't say it was a straight up swap either. The Hawks have other assets to bundle with Hardaway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll hold my breath on one good game. Even Austin Daye had a good game against the Sixers (22 pt outburst). Never a good thing when the new guy jumps over you in the rotation despite having one year of experience in that same system. Didn't say it was a straight up swap either. The Hawks have other assets to bundle with Hardaway.
    It wasn't a fluky shooting night like Daye is capable of once or twice a year, while being a terrible defensive sieve. Anderson has been good defensively and brings other things to the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't a fluky shooting night like Daye is capable of once or twice a year, while being a terrible defensive sieve. Anderson has been good defensively and brings other things to the team.
    I'll agree to disagree on your nebulous talking points, but I will admit my mistake if he eventually pushes out a 36 year-old Rasual Butler in the pecking order. Until then, the skepticism is warranted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll agree to disagree on your nebulous talking points, but I will admit my mistake if he eventually pushes out a 36 year-old Rasual Butler in the pecking order. Until then, the skepticism is warranted.
    Fair enough.

I think he will eventually be a good player for what is worth. But he's a young player and hardly ready to contribute to a championship aspiring team. I agree he could theoretically be traded for someone who is more ready, but I guess what we disagree on is that I think TH jr is not a good candidate bc he's further along in his development, plays absolutely no D, and while you mention Kyle is aweful bc he has not been able to secure the 10th spot in the team, Hardaway has not even been able to play at all for the season, getting DNP-coach decision.

Other players might be out there that could be better than Hardaway Jr. Right now though, Rasual Butler has been good enough for the team to allow Kyle time to develop his game. If there is something happening mid-season that requires someone else be added to the team (injuries or something of that nature), then that is a different scenario.

I think for right now, the team is built well enough to allow Kyle to develop.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 11-19-2015 at 01:43 AM.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot there was a trade thread so I'll comment again. Spurs should make a trade for Quincy Acy. I think he could help in some small-ball rotations. Probably wouldn't take much to get him either.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what it would take but Tyler Zeller would be a decent addition since West really isn't serviceable anymore. He's not getting minutes in Boston anymore but we don't have very intriguing assets. He scored frequently at the rim last year which is a quality that we lost in Splitter. I think that speaks to both athleticism and having a certain knack that many players don't have.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point the spurs will probably only make conservative moves to the roster. Which basically means the starters+Boris, Manu, and Patty are safe. Neither West or KA are good fits for the bench. Tyler Zeller would be a good possible big to replace West but short of that the team may have to stick it out and just eliminate his minutes in the playoffs which I always expected. For the wing I'd consider trading for Solomon Hill. Both these players have considerable playing time for at least one year so the learning curve is smaller for them. Although some are expecting some dleague tryouts I don't think the middle of the season is the time to integrate some no experienced player and expect anything worth a damn.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle Anderson and a 1st for Robert Covington.

Would give SA incredible defensive versatility that's needed if they were to play the Warriors in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle Anderson and a 1st for Robert Covington.

Would give SA incredible defensive versatility that's needed if they were to play the Warriors in the playoffs.
    Would be interesting, but a first seems like a lot to add. I know a number of Sixers fans like Livio Jean-Charles, and it wouldn't be the worst thing to me to use him as incentive instead of the pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be interesting, but a first seems like a lot to add. I know a number of Sixers fans like Livio Jean-Charles, and it wouldn't be the worst thing to me to use him as incentive instead of the pick.
    It would be a late first and Covington has 2 years left on his deal after this year at the minimum. Well worth the late 1st imo.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    George Hill for Danny Green on line 1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler, Simmons and a 1st for Bogdanovic.

He's having a bad season, but it's difficult to judge players in a situation that bad. He's signed through next season at approximately half of what the MLE will be by next summer and is somewhat similar to Belinelli, only bigger.

He makes sense now (to push Green, serve as the needed shooter/scorer fourth wing and as a small ball/stretch PF) and going forward (still youngish and can become the third wing when Ginobili retires).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't even think about that deal. Not giving up a first for Bogdanovic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't even think about that deal. Not giving up a first for Bogdanovic.
    I'm not even sure I would, but I'd at least consider it and it's the type of trade they need to look to make.

A month ago, I was thinking minimal fourth wing type, that's a better fit, but they should look for something bigger first and the 1st should be in play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the spurs should totally trade Simmons. young dunkin dude has no place in Pops roster.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Kyle+Butler for Ben McLemore. Since Danny is struggling & Simmons has limited range, McLemore as Danny's backup & Manu's apprentice would be awesome. The Kings could use a vet like Butler & Kyle is the type of lanky wingplayer that George Karl likes to stockpile (Vlade might have an affinity for him too as a point center). McLemore was getting benched early in the season (Marco was eating up McLemore's minutes) but it seems like he's coming around so they might not have given up on him yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the spurs should totally trade Simmons. young dunkin dude has no place in Pops roster.
    Replace Simmons with Bonner. Though erratic, he's promising enough to not just be a throw in for salary purposes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we going to get realistic here.
    I like to brainstorm as much as anyone, but I can't see Pop trading anybody.
    I see Pop as engaged as I have ever seen him coaching the young guys. I think he's secretly probably higher on Simmons than he'll say because he wants to keep the kid humble and working hard to raise his game, but I have seen Pop increase Simmons' stature and playing time in the team at increasing levels.

I don't think Pop has abandoned Anderson completely, and we possibly will see him again. He hasn't exactly been terrible. He's not a threat offensively and is too passive out there. . . maybe another dleague stint is in order, but I don't see Pop giving up on him.

Then you have Boban and Ray.

Pop is just too engaged this season with a new roster on top of younger guys that need coaching to contemplate a trade. I suspect we'll go as far as this team takes us, then we'll reassess at the end of the season, whether vets are retiring, which holes we have to patch, and which youngsters developed and those who didn't.

I seriously don't see us making a trade, unless it is Anderson for a relatively equally undeveloped youngster, and that is probably 80% unlikely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we going to get realistic here.
    I like to brainstorm as much as anyone, but I can't see Pop trading anybody.
    I see Pop as engaged as I have ever seen him coaching the young guys. I think he's secretly probably higher on Simmons than he'll say because he wants to keep the kid humble and working hard to raise his game, but I have seen Pop increase Simmons' stature and playing time in the team at increasing levels.

I don't think Pop has abandoned Anderson completely, and we possibly will see him again. He hasn't exactly been terrible. He's not a threat offensively and is too passive out there. . . maybe another dleague stint is in order, but I don't see Pop giving up on him.

Then you have Boban and Ray.

Pop is just too engaged this season with a new roster on top of younger guys that need coaching to contemplate a trade. I suspect we'll go as far as this team takes us, then we'll reassess at the end of the season, whether vets are retiring, which holes we have to patch, and which youngsters developed and those who didn't.

I seriously don't see us making a trade, unless it is Anderson for a relatively equally undeveloped youngster, and that is probably 80% unlikely.
    I agree, that they won't trade Anderson or Simmons, but Butler's spot is probably going to remain up for grabs until the buyout period. Of course, it'll probably take a marked upgrade to usurp him though.

Even with Simmons showing promise, he doesn't solve the need for another high-percentage, volume three-point shooting wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, that they won't trade Anderson or Simmons, but Butler's spot is probably going to remain up for grabs until the buyout period. Of course, it'll probably take a marked upgrade to usurp him though.

Even with Simmons showing promise, he doesn't solve the need for another high-percentage, volume three-point shooting wing.
    I know your point about the 4th wing, but Pop is probably ready to roll with what he has.
    If Danny were to get his shot back it is not that big of a deal. He shot well last game and Pop's pressure on him by promoting Simmons, has apparently put the fear on Danny to stop slacking off.

Both Kyle and Simmons have shown they can hit the corner 3. I think they are at 42% and 37% in corner 3s with limited attempts obviously as they both don't play too many minutes to get that many wide open corner 3s but they can hit that shot.

Rasual has been hitting lately, and I think Pop is so engaged developing the other two younger wings, that they have just pushed Rasual out of the rotation. As it should be, Pop is developing the team's future, Rasual is there for insurance in case they have a rough night, or there are injuries, and he's shown he can still play a few quality minutes.

I think we have a solid roster save a true backup center and nothing can be done about that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know your point about the 4th wing, but Pop is probably ready to roll with what he has.
    If Danny were to get his shot back it is not that big of a deal. He shot well last game and Pop's pressure on him by promoting Simmons, has apparently put the fear on Danny to stop slacking off.

Both Kyle and Simmons have shown they can hit the corner 3. I think they are at 42% and 37% in corner 3s with limited attempts obviously as they both don't play too many minutes to get that many wide open corner 3s but they can hit that shot.

Rasual has been hitting lately, and I think Pop is so engaged developing the other two younger wings, that they have just pushed Rasual out of the rotation. As it should be, Pop is developing the team's future, Rasual is there for insurance in case they have a rough night, or there are injuries, and he's shown he can still play a few quality minutes.

I think we have a solid roster save a true backup center and nothing can be done about that.
    I don't think Green has been slacking off and him progressing to the mean would lessen the issue, but it would still be an issue.

Whether Anderson and Simmons can hit the occasional three is virtually irrelevant because defenses won't respect them either way and they're not a threat to shoot/hit them in volume.

Butler hit two in garbage time last night, but is still sub 30% on the season and has struggled shooting for the majority of the calendar year.

I'd rather another high-percentage, volume three-point shooting wing, than a true backup center.

Thread Information