Page 114 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we going to get realistic here.
    I like to brainstorm as much as anyone, but I can't see Pop trading anybody.
    I see Pop as engaged as I have ever seen him coaching the young guys. I think he's secretly probably higher on Simmons than he'll say because he wants to keep the kid humble and working hard to raise his game, but I have seen Pop increase Simmons' stature and playing time in the team at increasing levels.

I don't think Pop has abandoned Anderson completely, and we possibly will see him again. He hasn't exactly been terrible. He's not a threat offensively and is too passive out there. . . maybe another dleague stint is in order, but I don't see Pop giving up on him.

Then you have Boban and Ray.

Pop is just too engaged this season with a new roster on top of younger guys that need coaching to contemplate a trade. I suspect we'll go as far as this team takes us, then we'll reassess at the end of the season, whether vets are retiring, which holes we have to patch, and which youngsters developed and those who didn't.

I seriously don't see us making a trade, unless it is Anderson for a relatively equally undeveloped youngster, and that is probably 80% unlikely.
    realistically, i can't believe Simmons is actually breaking through Pop's youth wall. I seriously can hardly stomach lame rocking the 12 jersey. i hate the spurs now. but i watch games like OKC, Portland, Atl, and i'm really excited for the Minny games coming up. From what i've seen, Pop won't be able to crotchety old man Simmons behind butler. i doubt there'll be any spurs trade this season. but i could totally see a Theo Ratliff style deal go down to ditch Butler. And i'm always optimistic about Bonner to Boston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    realistically, i can't believe Simmons is actually breaking through Pop's youth wall. I seriously can hardly stomach lame rocking the 12 jersey. i hate the spurs now. but i watch games like OKC, Portland, Atl, and i'm really excited for the Minny games coming up. From what i've seen, Pop won't be able to crotchety old man Simmons behind butler. i doubt there'll be any spurs trade this season. but i could totally see a Theo Ratliff style deal go down to ditch Butler. And i'm always optimistic about Bonner to Boston.
    You mean the team that has the third oldest player in the league playing ahead of a rookie that was stashed in Europe for five years, as well as the oldest player in the league playing ahead of their rookie first round draft pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean the team that has the third oldest player in the league playing ahead of a rookie that was stashed in Europe for five years, as well as the oldest player in the league playing ahead of their rookie first round draft pick?
    do you think i'm being hypocritical, or what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's one thing to be loyal to Timmy and KG. I even respect McDyess and Prince types getting theirs. I'll confess that i don't want a single minute of Andre Miller when Tyus Jones could be putting on his best Curry impression.

ing around with Bjelica is kinda before my Timberwolves time. Seems more like a Love/Timberwolves move than a Wiggins/Timberwolves move. I'm willing to take the hypocritical charge. I'm just glad Bjelica doesn't seem to be getting the rookie Splitter treatment. The Wolves actually do play him and seem to like him. There's no turd towers business going on there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle+Butler for Ben McLemore. Since Danny is struggling & Simmons has limited range, McLemore as Danny's backup & Manu's apprentice would be awesome. The Kings could use a vet like Butler & Kyle is the type of lanky wingplayer that George Karl likes to stockpile (Vlade might have an affinity for him too as a point center). McLemore was getting benched early in the season (Marco was eating up McLemore's minutes) but it seems like he's coming around so they might not have given up on him yet.
    This would be a fantastic trade for us. I really don't see a good reason for the kings to do this trade though. We would have to throw in a 1st or a couple 2nds I would imagine. I think Mclemore would thrive in our system though and has a ton of upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle+Butler for Ben McLemore. Since Danny is struggling & Simmons has limited range, McLemore as Danny's backup & Manu's apprentice would be awesome. The Kings could use a vet like Butler & Kyle is the type of lanky wingplayer that George Karl likes to stockpile (Vlade might have an affinity for him too as a point center). McLemore was getting benched early in the season (Marco was eating up McLemore's minutes) but it seems like he's coming around so they might not have given up on him yet.
    They wont take that trade

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    McLemore was getting benched in favor of none other former Spurs James Anderson a couple of week ago. Some folks in the local media were calling him a bust b/c he looked lost to start the season. Besides, he isn't necessarily a better overall player than Kyle, he's just a better shooter & more athletic. He's no better than Terrence Ross right now, tbh.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    This would be a fantastic trade for us. I really don't see a good reason for the kings to do this trade though. We would have to throw in a 1st or a couple 2nds I would imagine. I think Mclemore would thrive in our system though and has a ton of upside.
    McLemore isn't worth throwing in anything more than a single 2nd rd pick. Dude isn't that much better than a decent late 1st rd pick let alone Fathead AND a late 1st. OKC traded Jeremy Lamb for Luke Ridnour (who is no longer in the league) and a 2016 second-round draft pick. Is McLemore a better player than Lamb?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mainly because it's not possible under the CBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McLemore was getting benched in favor of none other former Spurs James Anderson a couple of week ago. Some folks in the local media were calling him a bust b/c he looked lost to start the season. Besides, he isn't necessarily a better overall player than Kyle, he's just a better shooter & more athletic. He's no better than Terrence Ross right now, tbh.
    If by a couple of weeks you mean more than 5 weeks ago. It was a 6 game stretch in which McLemore played more minutes than Anderson in 4 of the 6 games. Anderson has played about 25 total minutes since that 6 game experiment.

McLemore isn't worth throwing in anything more than a single 2nd rd pick. Dude isn't that much better than a decent late 1st rd pick let alone Fathead AND a late 1st. OKC traded Jeremy Lamb for Luke Ridnour (who is no longer in the league) and a 2016 second-round draft pick. Is McLemore a better player than Lamb?
    As Chuck would, that's just turrible. The Lamb trade was a salary dump, plain and simple. The completely unguaranteed contract of Luke Ridnour was on the books of five different teams in less than a week at the end of June. The last team to hold his rights waived him before any money became guaranteed.

Then there's this:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh sorry im no expert on that one. I just think its delusional even for spursfan standard

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends on the value of the 1st. As underwhelming as he's been and limited as he appears, there's still a better chance of him being a long term rotation player than a 27th-29th pick, even if the Spurs having said pick is different than the vast majority.

What incentive would the Kings have to trade him for Anderson and Butler? As poorly as they're run, it's difficult to imagine them even considering a move unless the Spurs' 1st was attached to Anderson.

Too many are too in love with late 1st round picks. Obviously, you don't hand it away, but this is about winning now and if they can pry a young wing, on an affordable contract, who they think has more upside than they've shown with their current team and would be a fit on this team, then it makes sense.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It depends on the value of the 1st. As underwhelming as he's been and limited as he appears, there's still a better chance of him being a long term rotation player than a 27th-29th pick, even if the Spurs having said pick is different than the vast majority.

What incentive would the Kings have to trade him for Anderson and Butler? As poorly as they're run, it's difficult to imagine them even considering a move unless the Spurs' 1st was attached to Anderson.

Too many are too in love with late 1st round picks. Obviously, you don't hand it away, but this is about winning now and if they can pry a young wing, on an affordable contract, who they think has more upside than they've shown with their current team and would be a fit on this team, then it makes sense.
    The Spurs are a small market team & not the most desirable destination for young players thus the PATFO can't afford handing out 1st rd picks on a multi year rookie contracts when average players are demanding 10+ mill b/c of the new CBA.

Look at OKC, they gave up Jeremy Lamb & Perry Jones for next to nothing then had to overpay Kanter & trot out Roberson as their starting wing b/c Singler is the other option. Even the Clippers have no depth b/c they mortgaged off their picks & can't even execute trade without giving up a top rotation player b/c they have nothing else to offer. You can bait a rebuilding team like the Nets who have no 1st rd picks until 2019 to give up a proven vet such as Thad Young (as opposed to an unproven young player) by offering them Kyle or a future 1st rd pick. You can't be offering two 1st rd picks for an unproven player like McLemore, if Simmons can hit the corner 3 at a 40% rate then McLemore might not even be a need. Will Barton has turned out to be better than McLemore & Simmons game is similar to Barton's.

Kyle is a rotation player in the NBA but he's currently redundant b/c of Boris & not as valuable as he would be on other teams b/c he plays behind Kawhi along w/ the emergence of Simmons. I was intrigued by McLemore b/c of Manu's eminent retirement & the lack of shooters coming off the bench (hard to play Kyle/Simmons together b/c neither one is a shooter). Allen Crabbe is getting major playing time w/ the Blazers but he isn't better than Kyle based on college, rookie season & this past summer league.

Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 12-21-2015 at 07:26 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are a small market team & not the most desirable destination for young players thus the PATFO can't afford handing out 1st rd picks on a multi year rookie contracts when average players are demanding 10+ mill b/c of the new CBA.

Look at OKC, they gave up Jeremy Lamb & Perry Jones for next to nothing then had to overpay Kanter & trot out Roberson as their starting wing b/c Singler is the other option. Even the Clippers have no depth b/c they mortgaged off their picks & can't even execute trade without giving up a top rotation player b/c they have nothing else to offer. You can bait a rebuilding team like the Nets who have no 1st rd picks until 2019 to give up a proven vet such as Thad Young (as opposed to an unproven young player) by offering them Kyle or a future 1st rd pick. You can't be offering two 1st rd picks for an unproven player like McLemore, if Simmons can hit the corner 3 at a 40% rate then McLemore might not even be a need. Will Barton has turned out to be better than McLemore & Simmons game is similar to Barton's.

Kyle is a rotation player in the NBA but he's currently redundant b/c of Boris & not as valuable as he would be on other teams b/c he plays behind Kawhi along w/ the emergence of Simmons. I was intrigued by McLemore b/c of Manu's eminent retirement & the lack of shooters coming off the bench (hard to play Kyle/Simmons together b/c neither one is a shooter).
    There's no evidence to suggest that they're not a desirable destination for young players, nor should they not be, given that they've proven to be the best in the business at developing young players.

The wings that have been mentioned (Covington, Bogdanovic, McLemore) are all young and range from relatively inexpensive to extremely inexpensive, for multi-years. The Spurs can absolutely afford to give up a 1st for that type.

Add one of them to Anderson, Simmons, Marjanovic, Milutinov, Bertans, Jean-Charles and every other pick going forward, in the pipeline. It's not exactly a future dynasty, but they should be able to develop some into back end rotation players, which is all that's needed, as the majority of the rotation should remain intact.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The wings that have been mentioned (Covington, Bogdanovic, McLemore) are all young and range from relatively inexpensive to extremely inexpensive, for multi-years. The Spurs can absolutely afford to give up a 1st for that type.

Add one of them to Anderson, Simmons, Marjanovic, Milutinov, Bertans, Jean-Charles and every other pick going forward, in the pipeline. It's not exactly a future dynasty, but they should be able to develop some into back end rotation players, which is all that's needed, as the majority of the rotation should remain intact.
    My retort was about giving up Fathead AND a 1st for McLemore as YOU originally stated. Can't add them to Kyle if he is no long on the roster.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    If by a couple of weeks you mean more than 5 weeks ago. It was a 6 game stretch in which McLemore played more minutes than Anderson in 4 of the 6 games. Anderson has played about 25 total minutes since that 6 game experiment.
    You can't have Marco/Casspi playing more minutes than your lotto pick when you are a lotto team nor bench him after the 1st week for a bench warmer like James Anderson just b/c he's struggling, he's supposed to learn on the job & it won't cost you a championship. But then we are talking about the same franchise that used their lotto pick on Stauskus when they already had McLemore then showed their patience w/ young players when traded him for a sack of potatoes only after a season.

As Chuck would, that's just turrible. The Lamb trade was a salary dump, plain and simple. The completely unguaranteed contract of Luke Ridnour was on the books of five different teams in less than a week at the end of June. The last team to hold his rights waived him before any money became guaranteed.
    Yes you in' dumbass, they "dumped" Lamb's salary to only give Kyle Singler a 5yr/25 million contract. Singler currently has the worst PER in NBA History! Meanwhile Lamb currently has the 4th best PER amongst shooting guards. We are talking about the same franchise that just offered Dion Butters a multi year contract extension this summer (fortunately for them he turned it down b/c he wanted to bet on his scrubby talents, what a character guy w/ a championship pedigree ) .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My retort was about giving up Fathead AND a 1st for McLemore as YOU originally stated. Can't add them to Kyle if he is no long on the roster.
    I wasn't talking specifically about McLemore. As I've said, I don't believe they'll trade Anderson, but even in the highly unlikely event they did and added a 1st to him, they'd still have enough young assets leftover in the pipeline to likely develop a few back end rotation players.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I wasn't talking specifically about McLemore. As I've said, I don't believe they'll trade Anderson, but even in the highly unlikely event they did and added a 1st to him, they'd still have enough young assets leftover in the pipeline to likely develop a few back end rotation players.
    It doesn't make sense to trade for a young player midseason since Pop ain't going to trust him unless he has been through training camp. I made the suggestion in another post that a Kyle for McLemore swap be considering next summer if Kyle doesn't earn Pop's trust & the Kings put McLemore on the trading blocks like Stauskus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just ing around with the trade machine, but who says no to this? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jy5b4bz

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't make sense to trade for a young player midseason since Pop ain't going to trust him unless he has been through training camp. I made the suggestion in another post that a Kyle for McLemore swap be considering next summer if Kyle doesn't earn Pop's trust & the Kings put McLemore on the trading blocks like Stauskus.
    Anderson/Simmons are young themselves though. Sure, they've been through a training camp (2 in Anderson's case), but if they acquire what they deem to be a marked upgrade, they're not going to care enough about that to not play them.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Just ing around with the trade machine, but who says no to this? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jy5b4bz
    Basically depends on whether the Nets want to take a chance on Rose or just clear their cap at the end of the season. We are talking about the same team that paid Deron Williams to START for the Mavs. If I'm Billy King, I'm offering Joe Johnson for Melo if the Knicks are interested in clearing cap space to go after Durant/Whiteside.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 12-23-2015 at 01:10 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no chance in the Bulls do that trade. Even though Rose is terrible and a cancer you don't give up arguably your best player to get rid of him for mediocre/declining players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't have Marco/Casspi playing more minutes than your lotto pick when you are a lotto team nor bench him after the 1st week for a bench warmer like James Anderson just b/c he's struggling, he's supposed to learn on the job & it won't cost you a championship. But then we are talking about the same franchise that used their lotto pick on Stauskus when they already had McLemore then showed their patience w/ young players when traded him for a sack of potatoes only after a season.

Yes you in' dumbass, they "dumped" Lamb's salary to only give Kyle Singler a 5yr/25 million contract. Singler currently has the worst PER in NBA History! Meanwhile Lamb currently has the 4th best PER amongst shooting guards. We are talking about the same franchise that just offered Dion Butters a multi year contract extension this summer (fortunately for them he turned it down b/c he wanted to bet on his scrubby talents, what a character guy w/ a championship pedigree ) .
    Wow. Lots of juvenile language and emoticons that don't address the faults in your previous posts.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Wow. Lots of juvenile language and emoticons that don't address the faults in your previous posts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no chance in the Bulls do that trade. Even though Rose is terrible and a cancer you don't give up arguably your best player to get rid of him for mediocre/declining players.
    Conley >>>> Rose, no question. Getting rid of Rose clears up quite a bit of cap room for them in the summer. And Gasol's performance this year just makes things awkward for the frontcourt. You have to play him because of his numbers, but he's playing god awful defense and taking up space on the floor that limits Noah's performance. You also have to play Mirotic with Gasol cause he best complements Pau's game, but he's pretty overrated and hasn't made any leap of progress this year. Having Randolph can give Noah the space around the rim he needs and may work out even better than Gasol. They need to give Bobby Portis minutes as well. Guy has been awesome in his limited minutes. Also, Butler is easily their best player.

Thread Information