Page 12 of 143 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    NBAChamp..to be Continued SpurNation's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kind of understand why the Raptors would potentially do it..why would Minnesota though?..Kevin Love is a very good prospect, but they'll trade him AND Sessions just to get back Splitter, a guy that might not even come over AND could be worse than Love?..
    I understand this thought. And as in trade scenarios sometimes a team doesn't benefit immediately but rather looks to the possibility of benefitting in the near future. Minnesota isn't looking very impressive thus far and is looking more like needing to re-evaluate their roster for the near future.

On the other hand, Totonto has new faces getting used to each other as well and would think the least likely to want to do this might be them since it appears they are playing more cohesively than in the beginning of the season.

My thought was if Toronto still believes they could loose out on Bosh they might want to do this now. Minnesota just might want to throw in the towel this season and look to be major players in the draft and free agency next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade machine links not working. Make a screenshot or just write your proposal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Caron Butler would be nice.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word that John Salmons could be available, I wanted this guy a year ago when Kings were looking to trade him... don't know what we could do for the trade though.

Where Everything Happens The Franchise's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Caron Butler would be nice.
    To injury prone.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker with Joe Johnson would give you the Brandon Roy - Andre Miller effect. Parker becomes an average player when he isnt the primary creator, and both those guys need the ball in their hands to be effective.

But, i like Al Horford so i like the thinking... just dont think the Hawks would do that one..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roger Mason Matt Bonner Theo Ratliff for Marcus Camby?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roger Mason Matt Bonner Theo Ratliff for Marcus Camby?
    Why would the Clippers trade ONE expiring contract for THREE expirers? Might as well keep Camby. Clips won't trade him unless they get some young players/draft picks back.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    How bout Finley for Ryan Hollins. He's still pretty young and might develop a bit more. But at worst he's a 7 footer that plays with a lot of energy and only 2 years on his contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've wanted Brendan Haywood for some time...he's cheap and effective 6 mil on the last year of his contract

How about

Matt Bonner, Roger Mason, and Finley for Brendan Haywood and Randy Foye

Washington get some cap relief and starts over while having the option to sign Mason in the summer and him to get back to the place where it all started while Matt Bonner can be effective on the open court and Washington ultimately saving 2.5 mil by waiving Finley.

San Antonio we get a real Center wit and expiring contract and a promising young player in Randy Foye who would complete well as a combo guard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another Washington Trade

Antawn Jamison for Matt Boner, Roger Mason, Michael Finley, and Ian Mahinmi

Washington: Same as before just another EC with Ian

San Antonio: Matt Bonner version 2.0 not only can he shoot from three but he has an amazing post game and has good size at 6-9 and can match with the Rashard Rasheed and Odom while also being one of those no ego type players I really would like to see this guy in a Spurs uniform the only thing that's a killer is his contract, 3 years left

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another Washington Trade

Antawn Jamison for Matt Boner, Roger Mason, Michael Finley, and Ian Mahinmi

Washington: Same as before just another EC with Ian

San Antonio: Matt Bonner version 2.0 not only can he shoot from three but he has an amazing post game and has good size at 6-9 and can match with the Rashard Rasheed and Odom while also being one of those no ego type players I really would like to see this guy in a Spurs uniform the only thing that's a killer is his contract, 3 years left
    I have allways liked Antawn Jamerson and his game ever since I got to watch him play with Vince Carter in the Final 4 here at the Alamo Dome. From everything that I have read he has allways been a grade A class guy.

Having sayed that I have allways dreamed of Spurs somehow landing on the team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can`t see Spurs with 5 over 10 mln contracts, just can`t

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2 Centers I would like the Spurs to look at during the trade deadline are Brad Miller and Brendan Haywood

Brendan Haywood for obvious reasons: Wizards basically will have a firesale, he is a long true Center that can block shots and grab rebounds, someone that you could place next to Duncan in the starting lineup and have two 7 footers.

Brad Miller: like I mentioned with Nocioni earlier, Miller hasn't gotten many minutes this season with the Bulls, he is someone the Spurs have looked at in the past, although he has a similar skill set to Dice, he is a true 7 footer and would help with our lack of length at the C position (especially if Pop won't give Mahinmi minutes to develop)

If we were able to acquire either of these 2 players I would like our chances, finishing the season and heading into the playoffs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    deadline is appraching and here are some possible trades for teams looking to eliminate long term salaries for (our) expiring (or semi expiring) contracts :

1) trade for Maggette (my favourite) : for Ratliff, Finley, Bonner, Bogans works (then G.S can cut one, two, three or all of them which we can re-sign at the minimum...works for everybody if G.S is the the mind mode of clearing space for next season, players included 'cause they make more money)

trade for Prince and Hamilton : Jefferson, Finley, Bonner works (Detroit want trade both of them...thought is if they both are still phisically o.k.)

trade for Nocioni : Finley, Bonner, Ratliff works (like before, sac can then cut all of them and we can re-sign them)

G.S. and Detroit are probably already thinking to next season so a trade like that could be easier to make...

I don't see a valueble big coming to us this season (for Haywood, Murphy etc etc there will be better offers than ours) but a player that can play the guard/forward position a la Maggette or Nocioni (both of them more than decent defenders and good rebounders) imho could definitely halp our team..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Brand and T. Young for Jeffersion and FInley

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    That actually makes some sense for the Spurs. Brand has a pretty bad contract but he's playing much better as of lately and Young is very good young talent. Young isn't so hot with the Sixers this year and they definitely wanna move Brand. Not sure if Spurs want to commit to Brand and if Sixers are willing to give up Young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't do this if i were the sixers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about next year we move TP for Al Jefferson and RJ for CP3?

Maybe we can make something of those expirings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's not too early to start discussing the draft or free agents, then it's not too early to discuss potential trades. Here's a trade idea suggested by Bruno in another thread...

When I look at Heat situation, there is a trade opportunity that strikes me for Spurs with Daequan Cook.

Cook has been horrible this year and he has a $2.2M salary next year. Heat will likely try to dump to create more cap space.

Spurs can absorb Cook salary by trading 3 of their 4 players with a non guaranteed contract (Jerrels, Temple, Hairston and Gee). They were also very high on Cook during the draft and they need a shooter with Mason gone.

What asset Heat is ready to give up to create this cap space? They have the 18th pick in the draft. This pick will also take some cap space. Could they package Cook and #18 for some players with non guaranteed contracts? This trade will cost some money to Spurs, are they ready to spend it?
    Everything Bruno said is true, from the fact that the Spurs will need to replace a bunch of role players to the fact that they rated him highly as a draft prospect in '07. In fact, I seem to recall timvp giving some inside information that Cook was their top-rated target from that draft, with Splitter being second.

The ac ulation of multiple non-guaranteed contracts makes this deal extremely plausible. I really appreciate the insight from Bruno as to how something like this could go down. It's something outside of the usual "trade RJ" or "trade Parker" ideas.

My thoughts...the mid-second round pick and some cash would be enough to get the Spurs to take on his salary.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that Cook trade makes sense, though I think the Spurs getting one of their second round picks(41, 42, 48) is more likely than the 18th pick. Salmons for expirings resulted in a swap of picks, and Salmons is a better player(though with a bigger contract). I think a 20 for 18 swap, or that +49 for 41 is more likely than getting the 1st outright. I'd do any of the scenarios, though I think I'd prefer if it resulted in keeping Temple.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cook is an enigma, but might be worth the risk, if he could be had for cheap. I agree that the Heat are likely willing to dump him to get more cap space, but I doubt it will take an added 1st rounder to find a team that takes him.

as said, Cook is an enigma. it reminds me a bit about the Beno situation in his 3rd year. fans and team seem to have lost patience in him.
    he was really really bad this year. I seems, that he never recovered from his shoulder injury.
    he strained his shooting shoulder at the beginning of last season, he returned after two weeks, but it might have been way to early. (he said it feels tight and it affects his shot). from there on he struggled to find his shot, as a consequence lost his minutes and obviously also his confidence.
    however, a new situation and (most of all) a new shooting coach might do wonders.
    Cook is a shooter, without his shot he is just only a borderline NBA player. he is a better defender than given credit, though. limited by his size, but pretty good against SGs in the 6-3 to 6-6 range. this alone would be an upgrade over Mason. at just 23 he might still be able to improve his ball handling.
    (in the combo role he would be as miscasted as Mason)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Heat doesn't want to add a first round pick to unload Cook, I wouldn't to the trade unless Heat send a lot of cash. Spurs could do better than Cook via FA and their LLE (like Raja Bell). Spurs should have a good incentive to go with Cook. A mid second round pick and/or swapping #20 with #18 isn't enough to me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question: Is it time to start looking a new FO? There have been a series of greviously poor decisions:

1) Trading for Jefferson
    2) Not resigning Bruce
    3) Gutting our front line to 2 semi-trustworthy bodies; Blair being a rook -(Trading Ratliff for nothing, letting Haislip go )
    4) Not dumping either of the chokers: Bonner, Mason
    5) Not getting anything of value for Finley's expiring

Not to mention all the opportunity costs (no development of Mahinmi, Not going after John Salmons)

(and in retrospect, Hill for Dragic looks REALLY bad right now...).

Thread Information