Page 124 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really advocating replacing LMA with an older and shorter Millsap. Just saying, team needs another All-NBA player if they want to have a chance.
    And I'd love for them to get one rather than Hill. Not really feasible, though unless Paul wants to give up even more money.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm over the trading Aldridge talk already. It was short lived for me really cause look who we are with Leonard and who we are without him. Lebrons team would get swept too without him. tbh. We are too close to blow it up. I think Pop looks at game 1...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm over the trading Aldridge talk already. It was short lived for me really cause look who we are with Leonard and who we are without him. Lebrons team would get swept too without him. tbh. We are too close to blow it up. I think Pop looks at game 1...
    Absolutely. You don't just blow a top 3 team up. They'll do some retooling with a view to 2018 but nothing as drastic as has been recently suggested based on the emotions from this anticlimatic WCF. Just being there with a chance to win is no small feat.

Who knows what might happen next season? Perhaps Curry's ankle shatters, perhaps LeBron forgets to find the playoffs switch. Perhaps contract year Aldridge cares enough to show up in shape. Perhaps Kawhi's transformation into LeBron would be complete. This is a very good team with a few moves in them and a couple of possible internal improvements.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely. You don't just blow a top 3 team up. They'll do some retooling with a view to 2018 but nothing as drastic as has been recently suggested based on the emotions from this anticlimatic WCF. Just being there with a chance to win is no small feat.

Who knows what might happen next season? Perhaps Curry's ankle shatters, perhaps LeBron forgets to find the playoffs switch. Perhaps contract year Aldridge cares enough to show up in shape. Perhaps Kawhi's transformation into LeBron would be complete. This is a very good team with a few moves in them and a couple of possible internal improvements.
    Being an upper level team doesn't mean you're good enough to win it all. We are a 50 won team that is far or from winning a championship.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we are being hypothetical and trying to thread the needle between giving kawhi a legitimate shot next year and adding young upper level talent to grown with him let me throw one out there. Would Phoenix be interested in pay (and his shorter contract), plus Kyle and a future 1st for Chandler and Bender?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what about LMA for MKG, Kaminsky and 11? With Kemba, Batum and Williams on long-term deals, I could see Jordan wanting to make a move to solidify his team as a solid playoff contender. They'd be just a wing short of an interesting lineup with the MLE available to try to acquire that player. The Spurs would do something I don't want them to and move a core guy for non-core pieces. MKG is a best just worth his contract if he can figure out his shot. If he can, he can have a Marvin Williams-like career as a small-ball four. Kaminsky is salary ballast. I think Charlotte would prefer to keep him, but it's not easy for them to come up with the contracts to get LMA, and the value is already shaky without him. For the Spurs, getting Frank would mitigate the need to use 11 to replace LMA.

Murray
    Green
    Leonard
    Kidd-Gilchrist
    Gasol

I'd definitely want to move Pau in this scenario and bring in a scoring big with better mobility. That D from 1-4 would be very interesting, though. At 11, they'd have some interesting choices like Ntilikina, Collins, Anunoby and Justin Jackson. Or they can stay lose to home, draft Jarrett Allen and hope that he becomes a great player with that crazy length.

I would probably prefer Collins, since that's my boy. But this seems like a deal where Charlotte could justify giving up those pieces, and the Spurs could still get better, especially if they dump Pau and use that cap space on a finishing player or two.
    Considering their bigs situation, lack of star power and inability to attract them, I could definitely see the Hornets having interest in Aldridge, but I couldn't see them giving that up. They've generally been decent with Kidd-Gilchrist and bad without him and supposedly turned down 4 1sts from the Celtics (who wanted Winslow) for the pick that became Kaminsky, who started to play better in the second half of the season.

I could see them offering Williams, 11 and the Spurs' choice of Sessions (team option which could be declined for further savings) or Lamb, but I couldn't see the Spurs doing that.

Unfortunately, I don't think Aldridge has great trade value and I'm skeptical that the Spurs would want to to wait on a young, raw player, who they'd just be hoping could eventually reach his level anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we are being hypothetical and trying to thread the needle between giving kawhi a legitimate shot next year and adding young upper level talent to grown with him let me throw one out there. Would Phoenix be interested in pay (and his shorter contract), plus Kyle and a future 1st for Chandler and Bender?
    I think LMA for Bender (or Chriss), Dudley's contract and #32 & #54 would be a fair deal. Phx keeps 4, and gets to pair Chandler and LMA together like they originally wanted. Spurs can do a separate Kyle deal.

Assuming Mills, Simmons, and Manu move on, treat next season as a mini-rebuild and run with:

Murray/post injury Tony/pick like Hart
    Green/Hanga
    Leonard/Dudley
    Bender/Bertans/Lee
    Pau/Dedmon/Mulitinov

Move Pau and possibly Green for assets at the trade deadline depending on how the season unfolds.
    Last edited by CGD; 05-21-2017 at 10:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not going to get a good team after being under the cap for three years. And we all know that they'll win 50 games with that roster.

I struggle to see how replacing LMA with Millsap is better, especially considering the price difference.
    I don't think replacing LMA with Millsap would move the needle, but there's a slight possibility the Spurs could open about $20 mil for a somewhat compe ive Millsap offer in case Gasol opts out or is salary dumped and Patty renounced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most likely to move on would be Green and Mills. Manu and Parker will be back and retire together after next year. Gasol will pick up his option so no movement there. Spurs are going to need to find a scorer from the wing to take some of the load off of Leonard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think LMA for Bender (or Chriss), Dudley's contract and #32 & #54 would be a fair deal. Phx keeps 4, and gets to pair Chandler and LMA together like they originally wanted. Spurs can do a separate Kyle deal.

Assuming Mills, Simmons, and Manu move on, treat next season as a mini-rebuild and run with:

Murray/post injury Tony/pick like Hart
    Green/Hanga
    Leonard/Dudley
    Bender/Bertans/Lee
    Pau/Dedmon/Mulitinov

Move Pau and possibly Green for assets at the trade deadline depending on how the season unfolds.
    I agree that is a fair deal. I was just looking for something that doesn't punt on next season. We've all looked at trade ideas that are a rebuild but, I was trying to guage Pau's value to Phoenix in a deal that would try and leave us in contention and look to the future.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that is a fair deal. I was just looking for something that doesn't punt on next season. We've all looked at trade ideas that are a rebuild but, I was trying to guage Pau's value to Phoenix in a deal that would try and leave us in contention and look to the future.
    I'm ok with a retool year. I'm just not convinced that this roster would be worse than 5th in the West, and as constructed it's not really challenging Golden State sadly.

I'm just annoyed that we haven't had a crack at Golden State at full strength. I'm convinced that in 2015 we could have taken them in the conference finals, and this year we make it interesting before losing. Oh well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm ok with a retool year. I'm just not convinced that this roster would be worse than 5th in the West, and as constructed it's not really challenging Golden State sadly.

I'm just annoyed that we haven't had a crack at Golden State at full strength. I'm convinced that in 2015 we could have taken them in the conference finals, and this year we make it interesting before losing. Oh well.
    I actually liked our chances against gs this year if we were healthy...sucks that we weren't...personally, I'm good with a rebuild too. I was just trying to look at it from a different point of view since we've gone over so many rebuilding scenarios..

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge can get us a nice pick or two to rebuild on the fly

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in vase we decide to sell Lma, checking the other tea's resourses, I think one trade partner could be Denver.
    They have the assets and are full of draft choices...they just need all stars and they are up to re-sign the only one (apart Jokic) that looks a bit like that in Gallinari. They are full of young play makers (Mudiay, Murray) and guards (Harris, Beasley) Plus they have tons of forwards or power forwards, they have to get rid of.
    Imho a package of LMA for Chandler, Arthur and n° 13 could work for both sides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in vase we decide to sell Lma, checking the other tea's resourses, I think one trade partner could be Denver.
    They have the assets and are full of draft choices...they just need all stars and they are up to re-sign the only one (apart Jokic) that looks a bit like that in Gallinari. They are full of young play makers (Mudiay, Murray) and guards (Harris, Beasley) Plus they have tons of forwards or power forwards, they have to get rid of.
    Imho a package of LMA for Chandler, Arthur and n° 13 could work for both sides.
    Our D would be insane. We need scorers and still need a pg.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO a key to off season moves and the draft is how the Spurs feel about Simmons vs. Danny Green. To me Green is a similar caliber player to George Hill before he was traded to Indiana. Like Hill, he will likely get a significant pay raise after next season. If the Spurs believe playoff Simmons is the real deal then trading Danny Green could be advantageous. Word is Detroit is looking to move their 12th pick for a veteran. Green seems like just the type of player that Van Gundy covets. The Spurs could use that pick to use to draft either draft a rim protector or a shooting guard like Kennard, then use the 29th pick for someone like Bell from Oregon. I would really like them to move Pau, but I don't see it happening. So you end up with something like this:

Murray/Post Op Tony/Vet Pick-up/Ginobili/Forbes
    Simmons/Ginobili/Draft Pick/Forbes
    KL/Hanga
    Aldridge/Bertans/Draft Pick
    Pau/Multinov/Lee/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what our moveable guys would fetch in this draft in terms of just picks. This seem right?

LMA - pick in 5-10 range
    Danny - pick in 16-20 range
    Kyle - pick in 26-32 range
    Murray - pick in 10-15 range
    Bertans - pick in 26-32 range
    Multinov- late second right now
    Hanga - mid second given euro DPOY

We'd have to give up picks to dump Tony or Gasol so not including. Spurs also have limited control, at best, over the others so I excluded.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think we should give up picks to trade Gasol...actually he comes from a very good season statistically and for sure in regular season he has shown he can still be a force, expecially with his new 3 point shooting weapon.
    The fact is that there are many teams loooking for a big man with his skills and don't forget that he is in his final contract year.
    imho he is still valuable on the market, in case he opts in...and in case he opts before the draft, he could be a good trading piece for having back something valuable.
    Teams like Boston, for example, really need this kind of player...alone considering their main problems (rebounding).
    For example a trade of their second round draft choice (n° 37) plus one of Smart, Rozier, Thomas, Crowder, Brown, Bradley...considering they're gonna be over crowded in the back court with the amount of minutes a guy like Fultz in gonna play, could be beneficial for both teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what our moveable guys would fetch in this draft in terms of just picks. This seem right?

LMA - pick in 5-10 range
    Danny - pick in 16-20 range
    Kyle - pick in 26-32 range
    Murray - pick in 10-15 range
    Bertans - pick in 26-32 range
    Multinov- late second right now
    Hanga - mid second given euro DPOY

We'd have to give up picks to dump Tony or Gasol so not including. Spurs also have limited control, at best, over the others so I excluded.
    Hanga.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ya5e6p9q

LMA (and maybe a first or two) for Noah and KP

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd6mctnm

LMA and Green (and maybe a first or two) for Noah, Lee and KP

Both trades involve the team essentially taking back possible bad contracts from the Knicks to try to get Kristaps. I'm not all that high on Porzingas, honestly, and I'd probably prefer the eighth pick. But how Phil values those assets is up in the air. The second trade would be hard to swallow, but if the team believes in either KP or the pick, they could do it AND add a first or two.

Knicks completely change course and build around Anthony, having some cap space and the pick to bring in another player. While I don't think this would actually be a smart move for the Knicks to make, I could see them doing so in a ill-conceived notion to "compete now"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Both trades involve the team essentially taking back possible bad contracts from the Knicks to try to get Kristaps. I'm not all that high on Porzingas, honestly, and I'd probably prefer the eighth pick. But how Phil values those assets is up in the air. The second trade would be hard to swallow, but if the team believes in either KP or the pick, they could do it AND add a first or two.

Knicks completely change course and build around Anthony, having some cap space and the pick to bring in another player. While I don't think this would actually be a smart move for the Knicks to make, I could see them doing so in a ill-conceived notion to "compete now"
    I don't think the first version of the trade is that ridiculous. I'm not sold on the idea of using the oodles of capspace in 2018 on a player from among an underwhelming crop of free agents. Why not spent it on a combined 23M of Noah/KP salary instead while KP is in his cheap years?

If you're conceding a rebuild year, Id rather use Green to get better value than Lee. Something like Green to ATL for 19 and Dunlevey's essentially expiring contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd be all over that 1st proposed trade..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about LMA to Lakers for Clarkson, Nance, filler, and 28th? Lakers absorb the balance into capspace. Too rich an ask?

Read somewhere Lakers are trying to gauge interest for Clarkson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about LMA to Lakers for Clarkson, Nance, filler, and 28th? Lakers absorb the balance into capspace. Too rich an ask?

Read somewhere Lakers are trying to gauge interest for Clarkson.
    They'd have to swap out Nance for Randle. The Spurs need something decent in return for LMA, and Julius isn't supposed to be in the long-term plans anyway.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do either of those Lakers deals. Benefit of Nance is he has an extra cheap year which will better allow us to go after a max contract player next year and continue to fill out the roster.

Thread Information