Page 45 of 143 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 3559
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6u2lhee
    Bull trade I know, but one can dream.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7bemmaz
    Athletic big, ideal for face up power forwards. Not sure how he gets along with Silas.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=cft7kd8

Amir Johnson would give us a big who could block shots, hit the midrange sometimes.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6ln5swl

Bargs would give us the big we need to space the floor and play pick n pop, of course he would have to give more effort on D.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=d9b3s9v

Varejao is a good pick and roll defender and also has a decent midrange jumper.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=btdm9lv

Not sure how much we need big AL, considering floor spacing is already a problem

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have not seen much of chicago for the past 2 seasons, so forgive my ignorance when i ask how much is taj gibson worth to the spurs?

1. blair + 2 second round picks
    2. blair + neal
    3. blair + 1 first round pick
    4. blair + ja + 1 first round pick

i know that most of these are probably too much, but you have to be willing to take a hit to make chicago bite.

from what i've researched, the dude is a legit 6'9, so he may be able to help more than blair on defense. i do not know. this is just a thought. what do you guys think?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    per hoopdata, blair and gibson are very similar in scoring percentages this season (both played 9 games):

blair - gibson
    rim: 60% - 72.7%
    3-9 ft: 41.4% - 41.7%
    10-15 ft: 25% - 25%
    16-23 ft: 0% - 25%

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we are to use PER, blair wins the race by a landslide; however, we all know bowen did not have a great PER, while being the 4th best player on a championship team.

i am NOT saying gibson is bowen on defense. i am only suggesting that he may be better than blair and the spurs are already stacked at shooting guard, so sending blair + 1 shooting guard + 1-2 second rounders would be ok with me as long as gibson would be a significant improvement at PF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grizz still trying to trade OJ:

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    Nets-Grizzlies talks included scenarios for Anthony Morrow and a pick for O.J. Mayo, but discussions have lost traction, sources tell Y!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grizz still trying to trade OJ:

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    Nets-Grizzlies talks included scenarios for Anthony Morrow and a pick for O.J. Mayo, but discussions have lost traction, sources tell Y!
    Wow, OJ's value has drop significantly! Marrow + Pick...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's nuts. The hype around him was pretty big earlier in his career if I remember correctly. I also remember he was cold blooded during the playoffs and another one of those Griz players that couldn't miss a shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, OJ's value has drop significantly! Marrow + Pick...
    Memphis knows, and so does everyone else, that there's no way they'll be able to keep him this summer when his rookie contract expires. Their owner has said that they'll avoid the luxury and they have a fortune tied up in the contracts of Gay/ZBo/Gasol/Conley. They probably won't even be able to risk tendering the necessary QO (over 7M) to make him a restricted FA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis knows, and so does everyone else, that there's no way they'll be able to keep him this summer when his rookie contract expires. Their owner has said that they'll avoid the luxury and they have a fortune tied up in the contracts of Gay/ZBo/Gasol/Conley. They probably won't even be able to risk tendering the necessary QO (over 7M) to make him a restricted FA.
    Good point. I think its interesting to see teams that for a long time were just stocking up young talent, now actually have to pay to retain them. OKC, Memphis and Portland are a few that come to mind with the Twolves entering in that realm in a few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard has already made RJ expendable. He is a better rebounder and defender then RJ by far, Danny Green has let the spurs know what he can do. When Manu comes back we really don't have a need for RJ as Leonard and Green have been so good. I wander if there is any team out there willing to swap RJ for a big...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard has already made RJ expendable. He is a better rebounder and defender then RJ by far, Danny Green has let the spurs know what he can do. When Manu comes back we really don't have a need for RJ as Leonard and Green have been so good. I wander if there is any team out there willing to swap RJ for a big...
    Doubtful, but if Leonard and Green prove out over the course of a full season then it makes it more likely that the Spurs use the amnesty on RJ in July.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Blair and Anderson for Jason Thompson or JJ Hickson? Would Sacto go for Thompson? Would Hickson be an improvement over Blair?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Blair and Anderson for Jason Thompson or JJ Hickson? Would Sacto go for Thompson? Would Hickson be an improvement over Blair?
    I rather take JJ Hickson than Thompson. Hickson had some really good stretches with the Cavs.

More generally, Spurs will have to make some choices with their bigmen regarding next year. They have a lot of options: Duncan, Splitter, Blair, Bonner, Lorbek, draft pick , free agent...
    Blair might very well be caught in a number game and end up as the deep end of the bench. Trading him at the trade deadline or this summer might be the best thing to do for Spurs.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Hickson gettable? I would have thought it would take a lot, given what Sacramento gave up for him, and they'd require a 1st round pick in exchange. Hickson's a better player, but I think I'd like the price for Thompson more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hickson wouldn't help at all IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't wanna any part of Hickson. Head-case, stat-padder and poor defender. This guy thought he deserved a max contract from CLE when he was there.

I'd rather Jason Thompson easily and since he is not in SAC future plans i guess he would come cheap. Not a future star, not a high bbiq player, but a glue guy that gets the job done. Coachable, Good size, good athleticism and decent defender.

That's what we need right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now, Jason Thompson is starting for Sacramento while Hickson is on the bench getting less minutes. It's unclear who is in Kings' long term plan and who has the most trade value.

The situation should be more clear at the trade deadline when the season will be more advanced. What looks likely is that one of them could be available.

I Make Love To Pressure MR.SILVER&BLack's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    been wanting J Thompson on the spurs for a couple years now.

Hicksons just as dumb as blair but at least he has size & would be a slight improvment over blair.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Denver Nuggets have any rights to Wilson Chandler ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Denver Nuggets have any rights to Wilson Chandler ?
    He is RFA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didn't know where to post this: but I was searching "Spurs trade" on twitter and this came up

Baustin213 Ben Austin
    Just saw Spurs head of player personnel in TD Garden. Are there some trade rumors I haven't heard about?

---

https://twitter.com/#!/Baustin213/st...42203024343041

Celtics are playing the Raptors tonight, not sure if this is a normal thing, we aren't playing either team soon. Something to think about

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didn't know where to post this: but I was searching "Spurs trade" on twitter and this came up

Baustin213 Ben Austin
    Just saw Spurs head of player personnel in TD Garden. Are there some trade rumors I haven't heard about?

---

https://twitter.com/#!/Baustin213/st...42203024343041

Celtics are playing the Raptors tonight, not sure if this is a normal thing, we aren't playing either team soon. Something to think about
    Bargnani and Davis are really the only 2 players would interest me from either team..Probably nothing though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's likely some advance scouting.

Raptors have a new coach and Spurs will play them in a couple of weeks. Spurs' scout was at the game to see Raptors' new offensive and defensive scheme.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bargnani and Davis are really the only 2 players would interest me from either team..Probably nothing though
    I'm sure Timvp would love to have him as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's likely some advance scouting.

Raptors have a new coach and Spurs will play them in a couple of weeks. Spurs' scout was at the game to see Raptors' new offensive and defensive scheme.
    You are most likely correct, I didn't go far enough through the schedule to see that we play the Raptors on the 15th.

Thread Information